• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

how sure are we that tbh^2's claim is legit?
I don't know, the effort it would have taken is frankly pretty impressive. And also I think chances are scumchat would have picked up the problem with the phrasing.

I guess it's possible that it's faked, but I'm more inclined to believe them than not, especially given the self-satisfaction with which they presented it.

I don't know, the effort it would have taken is frankly pretty impressive. And also I think chances are scumchat would have picked up the problem with the phrasing.

I guess it's possible that it's faked, but I'm more inclined to believe them than not, especially given the self-satisfaction with which they presented it.
that was my thought as well honestly

but like, I think the witness logic is too pedantic to be real and I want to townread you anyway ughhhhhhh

let me propose you an offer… give us a very specific detail from your flavour that only you and mawile would know if it’s true or not. next night, we’ll ask “does the rolecard of the player who has the ability to recharge their target’s oneshot mention X?”. we’ll give you the result tomorrow and you’ll validate our claim or not.

i propose this because we can’t think of any more mech-related questions that would be of use.

- rari

i propose this because we can’t think of any more mech-related questions that would be of use.
I mean you could just ask the same question again but with "witness" instead of "cop"

or even make it more specific/ironclad

"is there any mechanism by which kyeugh could receive a message falsely indicating a player's alignment"

if i'm following everything correctly, bfree's flip should take care of it though, i think? unless skylar is like. a paranoid witness lol. but meh
"is there any mechanism by which kyeugh could receive a message falsely indicating a player's alignment"
doesn't work for oracle since this q wouldn't be for setup pre-rand

-m

doesn't work for oracle since this q wouldn't be for setup pre-rand
say "the witness" instead then. echoing koko's sentiment that this is probably the best use of your power unless you have a better idea. maybe just something like "does the witness necessarily always receive accurate results about their target's alignment"

but like, I think the witness logic is too pedantic to be real and I want to townread you anyway ughhhhhhh
i don't think it's too pedantic to be real by any stretch of the imagination, if i were a bastardy gm and someone sent me a question like this i'd probably be like "haha lol" and then laugh in deadchat about it

the alternative is that i've accurately identified two wolves, which, idk, if that's the case then i think we can afford to make a mistake or two in order to be completely sure. if it's NOT the case and we charge along assuming it is that puts us at a pretty significant disadvantage

let me propose you an offer… give us a very specific detail from your flavour that only you and mawile would know if it’s true or not. next night, we’ll ask “does the rolecard of the player who has the ability to recharge their target’s oneshot mention X?”. we’ll give you the result tomorrow and you’ll validate our claim or not.

- rari
isn't it probably better if you ask like "is there a town tracker/announcer/whatever claimed role you want to confirm in the game"

Catching up real quick, I'll try to make some time to dig into this tonight but it may not end up happening until tomorrow, sorry!

I saw your question keldeo, I just have. another goddamn headache so I will try to answer when I am more alive

hopefully there will not be any big revelations while I sleep
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that! No worries, take as long as you need.

I'm thinking if bfree and koko are both scum there would be an attempt to discredit me/kyeugh somehow

maybe this is it
I'm a bit confused, do you mean the message of the sign? Or that you think like mafia Butterfree's teammates are bussing to get us to WIFOM ourselves out of it? I think the latter is possible, but also I feel like the people who have like talked most about the possibility of the checks being fallible are like, koko/Butterfree obviously, me, and kyeugh herself, so I don't think I get much out of that.

Just so I don't forget, I guess it's maybe notable that DM's death flavor involved wood and wagons, and Jack was apparently rich and had a last will. I wonder if the latter will be revealed at EOD or something.

if my results aren't accurate, i want to say i'm insane. i'm kind of doubting that i'm paranoid here, because afaict that would probably just leave town with no investigative role? i don't really buy that tbh, it just makes my role worse than useless and doesn't even provide any ~drama~ about conflicting claims or anything for mawile's viewing pleasure.

if my results are reliable, well, we just yeet koko and butterfree and that's that i guess? if not, then i'm probably insane, and we're looking at something like:
  • Mist1422 - power duplicator?
  • Keldeo
  • storm - tracker
  • kyeugh - witness
  • IndigoEmmy
  • kokorico - town via my check
  • tbh²
  • Butterfree - town via my check
  • RedneckPhoenix - silencer, probably town?
  • Hydreigon25 - messenger
factoring in tone reads, i think my reads list (if i'm insane) is:
never yeet
me
koko
butterfree

prefer not to yeet
tbh²
storm
rnp

maybe yeet
mist
keldeo

the yeet zone
hydreigon
emmy
guess i'll put a vote on IndigoEmmy for now, since i don't really see how we're ever going to resolve her without a flip? @IndigoEmmy, come play bitte!
Can you tell me about Storm and Mist being where they are in this world?

I'm thinking if bfree and koko are both scum there would be an attempt to discredit me/kyeugh somehow

maybe this is it
I'm a bit confused, do you mean the message of the sign? Or that you think like mafia Butterfree's teammates are bussing to get us to WIFOM ourselves out of it? I think the latter is possible, but also I feel like the people who have like talked most about the possibility of the checks being fallible are like, koko/Butterfree obviously, me, and kyeugh herself, so I don't think I get much out of that.
This is essentially what I’m saying

what’s the third member doing, why is koko kinda just going along with the bfree vote

okay, soooo, it seems like this is a good time to claim ...
we are the oracle tbh!
YES. Snowboards is manufacturer of snowboards.[1][2] It was founded in 2009 and is based in Europe.[3][4]

YES. Snowboards Inc.
YES-Snowboards-logo.jpg
TypePrivate
IndustrySporting goods
Founded2009
HeadquartersSwitzerland
Key peopleRomain De Marchi, JP Solberg, DCP
ProductsSnowboard equipment, apparel, accessories
Number of employees20
Websitehttp://www.yesnowboard.com/
and according to king mawile, we're the Incarnation of Wikipedia or whatever. but especially of YES. Snowboards Inc. we can ask a question a night and mawile replies with a wikipedia article because of course he does.

on n0,
how many outgroup mafia-aligned slots are there?
to which mawile replied with
on n1,
how many distinct third-party wincons are there in the game?
on n2,
how many roles are there in this game that may result in inaccurate cop results, (e.g. framers/godfathers/non-regular sanity cop)?

-m
Oh hellll YES.

giphy.webp

@Eifie please clap.

Back
Top Bottom