• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

Well that was a rollercoaster ride for like, 20 posts.

I trust tbh a lot off pushing Seshas day 1 and also reads on two secret things that I can talk about if it becomes a thing - mentioned one of them day 1, iirc. So I trust their claim to start, and also if they were mafia trying to chainyeet town Bfree into koko, they didn't really need to full on claim to drive in the nails, I think?

I agree with kyeugh that I don't think pedantry is out of the question in a shenanigans game. I could honestly totally see Mawile with like a huge grin on his face making the witness role insane, and then also noticing that that question asked about cops and not witnesses, since they are different.

In other words this tbh.
the alternative is that i've accurately identified two wolves, which, idk, if that's the case then i think we can afford to make a mistake or two in order to be completely sure. if it's NOT the case and we charge along assuming it is that puts us at a pretty significant disadvantage

I think the move tonight would be for tbh to ask the "does the witness get accurate results about their target" question since that gets us either two townchecks or two mafia checks, as opposed to just one town or mafia check from asking whether there's a town X role, right? I kind of want to set the koko/Butterfree pair aside then and yeet elsewhere in the POE, is that mechanically sound?

I'm thinking if bfree and koko are both scum there would be an attempt to discredit me/kyeugh somehow

maybe this is it
I'm a bit confused, do you mean the message of the sign? Or that you think like mafia Butterfree's teammates are bussing to get us to WIFOM ourselves out of it? I think the latter is possible, but also I feel like the people who have like talked most about the possibility of the checks being fallible are like, koko/Butterfree obviously, me, and kyeugh herself, so I don't think I get much out of that.
This is essentially what I’m saying

what’s the third member doing, why is koko kinda just going along with the bfree vote
If it's purposeful WIFOM, I'm kind of falling for it ngl. I feel like it's strictly -EV for mafia koko to like, instruct a town tbh^2 on how to incriminate em overnight.

I'm thinking if bfree and koko are both scum there would be an attempt to discredit me/kyeugh somehow

maybe this is it
I'm a bit confused, do you mean the message of the sign? Or that you think like mafia Butterfree's teammates are bussing to get us to WIFOM ourselves out of it? I think the latter is possible, but also I feel like the people who have like talked most about the possibility of the checks being fallible are like, koko/Butterfree obviously, me, and kyeugh herself, so I don't think I get much out of that.
This is essentially what I’m saying

what’s the third member doing, why is koko kinda just going along with the bfree vote
If it's purposeful WIFOM, I'm kind of falling for it ngl. I feel like it's strictly -EV for mafia koko to like, instruct a town tbh^2 on how to incriminate em overnight.
Well, I suppose that I came into reading wanting to find some way to continue to think of everyone I was previously townreading as town, because man that day 1 does not make sense to me in a Seshas/koko/Butterfree(/x) world, particularly now knowing that tbh's question said there isn't an outgroup.

So if koko and Butterfree are wolves who've read my POV correctly and are encouraging my specific brand of tinfoil by doing that, that's neat on them. But if that is the case and I'm wrong, it looks like everyone except for me is crushing it and we'll bag this anyway, roll credits. If my original not w/w read on that was right, then me looking for that possibility with them maybe helps.

Oh hey, tbh's answers now probably confirm that the immunities are all BS, right? If there's only one third-party win condition and that was VM's warlock points thing, then the ones mentioning alien and cult conversions definitely don't exist.

Okay last thing, idr if anyone mentioned this because "car" is too short, too long, or too common to be searched for, but the n1 flavor had Trebek's car being searched, which could be another point to him being a bus driver.

Feel like IndigoEmmy probably has most equity to be mafia in either Butterfree world / is going to be pretty much impossible to resolve. Or should we just continue with the Butterfree yeet as originally was gonna happen and then reassess based on her flip? I'm not really sure what's mechanically best here.

if my results aren't accurate, i want to say i'm insane. i'm kind of doubting that i'm paranoid here, because afaict that would probably just leave town with no investigative role? i don't really buy that tbh, it just makes my role worse than useless and doesn't even provide any ~drama~ about conflicting claims or anything for mawile's viewing pleasure.

if my results are reliable, well, we just yeet koko and butterfree and that's that i guess? if not, then i'm probably insane, and we're looking at something like:
  • Mist1422 - power duplicator?
  • Keldeo
  • storm - tracker
  • kyeugh - witness
  • IndigoEmmy
  • kokorico - town via my check
  • tbh²
  • Butterfree - town via my check
  • RedneckPhoenix - silencer, probably town?
  • Hydreigon25 - messenger
factoring in tone reads, i think my reads list (if i'm insane) is:
never yeet
me
koko
butterfree

prefer not to yeet
tbh²
storm
rnp

maybe yeet
mist
keldeo

the yeet zone
hydreigon
emmy
guess i'll put a vote on IndigoEmmy for now, since i don't really see how we're ever going to resolve her without a flip? @IndigoEmmy, come play bitte!
Can you tell me about Storm and Mist being where they are in this world?
i think maybe storm could be lower. i just think their claim checks out and i’ve liked their tone. i liked that they mentioned the redirection although i guess maybe that’s NAI?
i also like mist for her claim, although like i mentioned before i have slight suspicions that there’s a mafia tracker and she’s just trying to pocket me/push along the bfree misyeet.
Well that was a rollercoaster ride for like, 20 posts.

I trust tbh a lot off pushing Seshas day 1 and also reads on two secret things that I can talk about if it becomes a thing - mentioned one of them day 1, iirc. So I trust their claim to start, and also if they were mafia trying to chainyeet town Bfree into koko, they didn't really need to full on claim to drive in the nails, I think?

I agree with kyeugh that I don't think pedantry is out of the question in a shenanigans game. I could honestly totally see Mawile with like a huge grin on his face making the witness role insane, and then also noticing that that question asked about cops and not witnesses, since they are different.

In other words this tbh.
the alternative is that i've accurately identified two wolves, which, idk, if that's the case then i think we can afford to make a mistake or two in order to be completely sure. if it's NOT the case and we charge along assuming it is that puts us at a pretty significant disadvantage

I think the move tonight would be for tbh to ask the "does the witness get accurate results about their target" question since that gets us either two townchecks or two mafia checks, as opposed to just one town or mafia check from asking whether there's a town X role, right? I kind of want to set the koko/Butterfree pair aside then and yeet elsewhere in the POE, is that mechanically sound?
i think it’s sound. i don’t think we’re figuring emmy out any other way. on the other hand, the odds that tbh² gets shot or, more probably, blocked tonight are pretty good... maybe if doc heals tbh², and mist duplicates their action? would blocking tbh² extend to mist’s result? but then again, this would all depend on mist telling the truth...

i think maybe storm could be lower. i just think their claim checks out and i’ve liked their tone. i liked that they mentioned the redirection although i guess maybe that’s NAI?
i also like mist for her claim, although like i mentioned before i have slight suspicions that there’s a mafia tracker and she’s just trying to pocket me/push along the bfree misyeet.
Alright, thank you. I think I like Mist more than you do whereas I've not felt very strongly about Storm's tone (though I do think they're telling the truth about having track results, given their n1 track of Hydreigon - and they're probably not w/w with Hydreigon for that?) With RNP being towny from the whole DM business on day 1, I like that Mist apparently recharged RNP's shot of that ability, and iirc I liked her EOD1 treatment of Seshas for similar reasons to why I like Butterfree's treatment of it.

Do you think like in a mafia Mist/town Storm/town Butterfree world, there would be like another mafia tracker in addition to this town tracker who specifically let Mist hatch this ability copying fake claim that would be proven immediately wrong? That seems a little complicated.

Oh, also there was Storm counterclaiming VM... should probably look at that sequence again, I don't know that they would've needed to, but I don't remember how direct the contradiction was. I think mechanically Storm/RNP also seem not w/w because tracker + sensei + fruit vendor is a weird combination of mafia roles, though I like RNP anyway.

I nearly forgot that we have his recharged ability in addition to all these other inforoles. I'm a bit worried that even if Emmy got compelled she wouldn't be able to show up and post about it in time, so maybe it would be solid to have tbh^2 check kyeugh's stuff on koko/Bfree (or we could also use RNP's ability to compel one of them? dunno), then kyeugh and RNP can check/compel whoever in the remaining people? I feel pretty good about all three of those claims. I haven't really taken stock of the big picture yet, it's possible I have too many townreads.

Oh hey, tbh's answers now probably confirm that the immunities are all BS, right? If there's only one third-party win condition and that was VM's warlock points thing, then the ones mentioning alien and cult conversions definitely don't exist.
oh yeah i can reveal our immunity now that i know it doesn't matter
we were serial killer immune
(haven't caught up on the rest, i shall ... eventually0

-m

okay now I am conscious and painfree so time to uhhh cultivate opinions and thoughts, let me read back a bit

20 minutes later I am not much further along than before,,,

I am really suspicious of hydreigon still, but I almost feel that they have been deliberately ignoring a lot of direct questions about their role and actions, and making very... blatantly aggressive posts, maybe to encourage being lynched? idk I was pondering whether they were a potentially inexperienced alien trying to be obnoxious due to not knowing the site meta yet? I'm also unfamiliar with the town messenger role they've claimed and couldn't find much when I googled it. my main concern there is if they can insert whatever they choose into the day and night flavours, or if it has to be true...?

but then if they're trying to get lynched idk if that would support being the one who planted the sign about their being town, so. this is not really conclusive either way

I'm inclined to believe tbh... the detail of their questions and answers looks legit (and also like the kind of shenanigans mawile would pull. mawile I love you omg??). additionally "there are no cop results because the only cop-like role we have are witnesses" also is beginning to feel like the kind of trickery expected from this game

I am, however, very eager to hear butterfree defend herself. there's a lot going on here and I really want to try to understand more of it ;;

if my results aren't accurate, i want to say i'm insane. i'm kind of doubting that i'm paranoid here, because afaict that would probably just leave town with no investigative role? i don't really buy that tbh, it just makes my role worse than useless and doesn't even provide any ~drama~ about conflicting claims or anything for mawile's viewing pleasure.

if my results are reliable, well, we just yeet koko and butterfree and that's that i guess? if not, then i'm probably insane, and we're looking at something like:
  • Mist1422 - power duplicator?
  • Keldeo
  • storm - tracker
  • kyeugh - witness
  • IndigoEmmy
  • kokorico - town via my check
  • tbh²
  • Butterfree - town via my check
  • RedneckPhoenix - silencer, probably town?
  • Hydreigon25 - messenger
factoring in tone reads, i think my reads list (if i'm insane) is:
never yeet
me
koko
butterfree

prefer not to yeet
tbh²
storm
rnp

maybe yeet
mist
keldeo

the yeet zone
hydreigon
emmy
guess i'll put a vote on IndigoEmmy for now, since i don't really see how we're ever going to resolve her without a flip? @IndigoEmmy, come play bitte!

imma doctor but i've kinda been absent... lol.

Back
Top Bottom