• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Personality Types

#tcod's Myers-Briggs makeup tends to be very homogeneous with a few notable exceptions. More than half are INTP, including me.

ENFP.

After reading through everything and conveniently closing those tabs, its seems fairly accurate. But only fairly. The percents were, like 55% to 45%. Like I said, I conveniently closed it before I read through all the responses.

Textbook ISFJ here.

ISFJs are characterized above all by their desire to serve others, their "need to be needed." In extreme cases, this need is so strong that standard give-and-take relationships are deeply unsatisfying to them; however, most ISFJs find more than enough with which to occupy themselves within the framework of a normal life. (Since ISFJs, like all SJs, are very much bound by the prevailing social conventions, their form of "service" is likely to exclude any elements of moral or political controversy [in my case it's not social conventions, I just don't care all that much]; they specialize in the local, the personal, and the practical.)

ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work, those around them often take them for granted--even take advantage of them. Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself"). And although they're hurt by being treated like doormats, they are often unwilling to toot their own horns about their accomplishments because they feel that although they deserve more credit than they're getting, it's somehow wrong to want any sort of reward for doing work (which is supposed to be a virtue in itself).

ISFJs make pleasant and reliable co-workers and exemplary employees, but tend to be harried and uncomfortable in supervisory roles. They are capable of forming strong loyalties, but these are personal rather than institutional loyalties; if someone they've bonded with in this way leaves the company, the ISFJ will leave with them, if given the option.

Like most Is, ISFJs have a few, close friends. They are extremely loyal to these, and are ready to provide emotional and practical support at a moment's notice. (However, like most Fs they hate confrontation; if you get into a fight, don't expect them to jump in after you. You can count on them, however, run and get the nearest authority figure.) Unlike with EPs, the older the friendship is, the more an ISFJ will value it. One ISFJ trait that is easily misunderstood by those who haven't known them long is that they are often unable to either hide or articulate any distress they may be feeling. For instance, an ISFJ child may be reproved for "sulking," the actual cause of which is a combination of physical illness plus misguided "good manners." An adult ISFJ may drive a (later ashamed) friend or SO into a fit of temper over the ISFJ's unexplained moodiness, only afterwards to explain about a death in the family they "didn't want to burden anyone with." Those close to ISFJs should learn to watch for the warning signs in these situations and take the initiative themselves to uncover the problem.

sorry for the mountain of quotes, but since I didn't spy any other ISFJs in this thread and so much of it matches situations and circumstances of my own life, I figured most of it was also relevant enough to quote here.

My best friend at school linked me to this a couple months back because his result matched him very well; he is my Supplement, INTP. His best guy-friend is his Complement, and my Enigma, INTJ.
edit: and Vixie, being an INFJ, is my Neighbor. Kind of less romantic than I'd like it to be, but it could be worse.

Last edited:
I'm not alone \o/

INFJs unite! :O I wonder if there are any more on here?

#tcod's Myers-Briggs makeup tends to be very homogeneous with a few notable exceptions. More than half are INTP, including me.

I expected that, but I still think it's kind of interesting... hmm. Two of my four best RL friends are INTP, too (although I think one of them might be borderline with another type, but she normally gets an INTP result).

ENFP.

After reading through everything and conveniently closing those tabs, its seems fairly accurate. But only fairly. The percents were, like 55% to 45%. Like I said, I conveniently closed it before I read through all the responses.

Something else quite interesting is that xNFPs tend to be quite dismissive of things like the Myers-Briggs, like how you are. One of the differences between INFJs and INFPs are that INFPs tend to be kind of 'eh, it seems accurate. *goes on with life*' whereas INFJs and, I suppose, xNFJs get more of a kick out of things like these. Probably the need for structure and putting things into categories.

Last edited:
ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness. Although they do not respect the rules of the "System", they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully. They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers".

So I'm an anti hero then? *shot*

ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly.

Very true.

I got ESFP.

I did this for a college class last semester and got INTP as well. I attribute the change to coming to college, in general I hang out with people a lot more now.

Ohhh these tests... I took these in all of my Psychology classes last year, two years ago, and this year... I'll post my results if I can find my old papers, since I'm feeling too lazy to take these tests a 5th time.

Something else quite interesting is that xNFPs tend to be quite dismissive of things like the Myers-Briggs, like how you are. One of the differences between INFJs and INFPs are that INFPs tend to be kind of 'eh, it seems accurate. *goes on with life*' whereas INFJs and, I suppose, xNFJs get more of a kick out of things like these. Probably the need for structure and putting things into categories.

That's interesting, though, isn't it? I'm an extremely strong INFP, and yet I voraciously read a bunch of stuff about INFP's after I'd taken the test (twice, actually.).*

I think it still fits with what you're saying, though, because I think that if I was xNFJ, then I'd want to read all about this stuff for the reasons you mentioned, structure and categorizing. But what it felt like more to me was a burning desire to know all about INFPs. It was almost like a self-identity sort of thing, because I hadn't ever found something that explained, in detail, exactly how I felt and how my mind worked, and the more I read, the more accurate it seemed.

That, I think, really does tie into the INFP ideas, because it was about a sort of indirect introspection or even self-discovery, although I probably wouldn't go so far as to call it that, but you know.

*Goddammit, where does this period go?

I want to think that when the parentheses end the sentence, the period goes on the inside (like so.) Maybe it only works that way with quotation, though. [/offtopic lol]

I'm pretty sure it'd go on the outside, actually. It looks totally weird when it's inside, and I've never seen it in anything professional. X3 ...plus that would mean I've been wrong for years...

Yeah, Minnow, I think you're right on that. I've not really looked around for info in relation to other xNFJs, but rather how being a certain type would affect you in a certain situation, how different types interact, etc. I do do the self-identity thing though, I'm pretty sure that when I was first typed I went eeeeverywhere for INFJ stuff. XD But then I never really cared if it was ever 100% accurate... sometimes I just like things being categories. o_O

Like if I'm in a sport lesson at school and get put into 'blue' team, I'll probably be the only one who'll be 'proud' she was put into blue. Not because it's an accomplishment, and I'd feel the same if I were put into another category... I just like a feeling of belonging. o_x If I didn't know what team was on, I'd feel a kind of weird loss of identity, possible because things aren't categorised enough.

Um... yeah. Maybe this is just a me thing, rather than an INFJ/xNFJ thing. XDD

INTP apparently. I guess its pretty good, but I wouldn't say it just dead on who I am.

Introverted (I) 85.19% Extroverted (E) 14.81%
Intuitive (N) 63.33% Sensing (S) 36.67%
Thinking (T) 57.14% Feeling (F) 42.86%
Perceiving (P) 51.52% Judging (J) 48.48%

"Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood.

That's all fair enough, but I've seen better personality assesments.

I recall taking this test multiple times some time ago. Every result was INTJ, however I was never absolutely amazing at chess.

I took the test three times and every time I got ISTJ.

"Under stress, ISTJs may fall into "catastrophe mode", where they see nothing but all of the possibilities of what could go wrong."

I've done that many times. Funny, how accurate this thing is.

I want to think that when the parentheses end the sentence, the period goes on the inside (like so.) Maybe it only works that way with quotation, though. [/offtopic lol]

NOOOOOOOOO

It goes like this (isn't it so simple).

Who teaches you people?!

Back
Top Bottom