• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Platinum Discussion

[link]http://www.serebii.net[/link]
Look at the outlines on the banner those are supposed to be new pokemon. Ugh.

I scanned the list of new Sinnoh dex additions quickly and squealed when I saw that Magby/Magmar were finally fucking in the dex.

Then I stopped caring because Houndour and Houndoom are, too. :D

And while I think the fan, washing machine and refrigerator are kind of silly, a demon lawn mower is the most amazing thing ever and I want one. My only question is, which type is Rotom losing? It makes more sense for it to keep Ghost, I guess, but Electric kind of fits with the whole "possessing appliances" thing. Mm.

And why doesn't the regular form look like a TV, anyway?

This update just made it very difficult for me to decide which starter I want. Damn awesome Pokémon creating type-overlap, screw you.

Last edited:
I scanned the list of new Sinnoh dex additions quickly and squealed when I saw that Magby/Magmar were finally fucking in the dex.

Then I stopped caring because Houndour and Houndoom are, too. :D

And while I think the fan, washing machine and refrigerator are kind of silly, a demon lawn mower is the most amazing thing ever and I want one. My only question is, which type is Rotom losing? It makes more sense for it to keep Ghost, I guess, but Electric kind of fits with the whole "possessing appliances" thing. Mm.

And why doesn't the regular form look like a TV, anyway?

The regular form reminds me of TV attenae (SP?)

Second frame, ignore the head

Anyways, Cut Forme scares me. He seems just a little TOO happy with the ability to mow people down...

Rotom's forms are... interesting. I agree about the creepily happy lawnmower XD Do you think he could keep his Ghost/Electric typing and just gain the extra moves? All those appliances are electrical, so I feel like it'd be hard for them to take away either of his types. Maybe he'll get a new ability or something?

I love that the Eevees are in it, and Houndoom. Finally, more fire types! And I like Altaria, too.

Fridge Rotom for the win!

:3 Imagine it in battle...

Trainer: What the hell? Garchomp, go kill it!
Rotom: *Opens door. Garchomp runs right in. Rotom keeps on slamming its door on Garchomp's head while using Blizzard*
Garchomp: *faints*

Also, ever think that it may be able to learn Milk Drink in that form? Since milk is stored in refrigerators?

Also, I just noticed something else: The more deadly the appliance, the happier Rotom is

Fridge (Not deadly barring a freak accident): Sad
Washing Machine (Somewhat deadly (spin cycle... @.@)): Meh
Fan (Relatively deadly): Smirking
Lawnmower (Very deadly): :D *twitch* IMMAMOWYOUDOWNNAO!

Only one not consistant with this is Toaster, which seems more shocked (*shot for pun*), as if going, "O.O I can burn things now? YAY!"

It honestly creeps me out. I mean, come on! We have a homicidal lightning ball!

Currently playing. Platinum's cool, it kills dudes and doesn't afraid of anything. I'm totally hacking in those Rotom forms when I beat the game.

Fridge Rotom for the win!

:3 Imagine it in battle...

Trainer: What the hell? Garchomp, go kill it!
Rotom: *Opens door. Garchomp runs right in. Rotom keeps on slamming its door on Garchomp's head while using Blizzard*
Garchomp: *faints*

XD That was amazing.

The lawn mower owns though. *Imagines battle*

Trainer: Go Grotle!
Rotom: *jumps on Grotle and mows down all of the grass*
Trainer: ;_; Grotle is bald.

Anyways, I'm so happy with the additions to the Pokedex. Houndoom, Scyther, Gardevoir, Houndoom, Eevee, Froslass, Mamoswine, Houndoom, Porygon, Houndoom, Tropius, Altaria, Houndoom, Probopass, Houndoom, Magnezone, and most importantly...

HOUNDOOM! :D

But it stinks that you can't get Skuntank (No pun intended), Purugly, Honchkrow, Mismagius, Sudowoodo, or Mr. Mime. It makes Blaziking sad.

I feel like stabbing myself in the heart now. Of all the pokemon that I said wasn't getting new forms, it had to be Rotom. Though Cut Rotom(official name) is looking kinda of nice at the moment. Now I just have to wait for the darn game to come out in America. And...has anybody ripped the sprites yet?

They can't, I suppose, because the Japanese Platinum is coming out on 13 September. Then we'll have all the information then.
Oh btw. Did anyone notice that only the Fan Rotom and the Original Rotom has Lightning Bolt eyes? The rest are all oval shaped.
I kinda like the Cut Rotom, although its name is dumb, because it looks kinda maniacal, and the Frost Forme, as its a fridge lol.

Of course they can rip the sprites; they can rip them from roms, and the roms have been out for a while. That's how most people are playing it right now, aside from those that did actually manage to get their hands on advance copies. I would imagine they just haven't gotten around to it.

Lack of Skuntank and especially lack of Honchkrow makes my Platinum Dark monotype challenge idea sad. Houndoom and Absol are awesome BUT THEY CAN'T FLY DAMMIT

Back
Top Bottom