• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Please add "Dr." before my name

Kali the Flygon

Devourer of Sandshrews
Well, less than a week shy of my 25th birthday, I am now graduating with my Ph. D in Physics! It's been a long time coming, but my defense is done, my dissertation was approved and submitted, and I'm marching in my commencement ceremony tonight! Weee!

Congratulations! That's pretty awesome. Physics has never been my strongest suit in science. I'm not bad at it, but I find myself better at understanding biology and chemistry.

Good job on this! I bet it took a lot of work and I hope you get a good job at a university or something.

Also, I think you should change your username to Dr. Kali the Flygon.

House_cupcake.gif

Congratulations, goncralutations, Kali! Can you fix my abscessed...

Oh, Ph. D? D: Well, can you shoot electrons from your fingers, at least?

If you don't mind me asking, how did you find the process of doing a PhD? Did you do a master's first?

Last edited:
I'm not an electric type, silly ;)

Anyway, I'm specializing in particle theory... fundamental theories of the universe type thing :p

That sounds interesting.

Also, I agree with opal: it would be totally awesome if you could create beta radiation from your fingers. You should figure out how to do that.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you find the process of doing a PhD? Did you do a master's first?

I went straight into the PhD program after graduating with my bachelors. While I did get a masters along the way, in effect having completed the requirements for that when I advanced to candidacy, a PhD was the goal all along.

Holy crap Kali you're old. I mean Professor Kali.

Anyhow, congratulations!

Anyway, I'm specializing in particle theory... fundamental theories of the universe type thing :p

Tell us when you find the Higgs-Boson particle.

This makes it even more impressive because particle theory -- actually just most of the fundamental theories -- is probably the hardest subject in physics. Good job!

Any words of advice for young, aspiring physicists?

Holy crap Kali you're old. I mean Professor Kali.

Anyhow, congratulations!

Tell us when you find the Higgs-Boson particle.

This makes it even more impressive because particle theory -- actually just most of the fundamental theories -- is probably the hardest subject in physics. Good job!

Any words of advice for young, aspiring physicists?

DO NOT AIM BETA RADIATION FINGERS AT OWN FACE!!!!

Assuming that.

Yar Mr. Dr. Prof. Kali the Flygon!

Agrred with Particle Theroy being hard...

((psst, just ask and I'll show you my Particle Beam I trademarked and Patented! In a private message!))

Congrats,Doc.

Eventually,Ill be a lawyer.For now Ill just annoy friends online with my random objections.

-hands card- Blazevonkarma,attorney at Lawl.

Negrek gave this post a warning for bumping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom