• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Desert Moon and Forest Sun

Ok, I have up to Tiaga Town (the first town with a gym. It is the second town in the game, with the starting town being the first) done. No indoor areas, though, excluding the character's home.

Currently getting the events added by Fluffy Clouds

Now, I still need somebody who can make advance-generation-style tiles. After all, there are no grass-themed gym tiles I can use from Emerald (ok, maybe I could use some outdoor tiles...), but even with improvisation, unless you want the same old traps, but in a differently shaped puzzle, then we will need a tile designer

I think I would be able to design some tiles but I wouldn't know how to insert them into the game and the other problem is that they would possibly suck dirt.

Oh crap, never mind. This is actually very difficult. I mean I can make it but I don't know how big it has to be and its kind of annoying.

SCREENSHOT TIME! Now, there is only one so far, but meh:

scotiabaybw3.png
The town you start in :D

Meh.

It has some interesting elements, but it's far too boxy. The top is symmetrical and weird, much of the map is empty, and it's horrendously boxy. Drop the size of the map a bit, fix the awkward symmetry, and make it look a bit more wild.

Meh.

It has some interesting elements, but it's far too boxy. The top is symmetrical and weird, much of the map is empty, and it's horrendously boxy. Drop the size of the map a bit, fix the awkward symmetry, and make it look a bit more wild.

It is empty due to no events yet. It is a port town, so it is fairly large due to that.

I can fix the boxiness though, along with some of the symmetry.

Here is the Pokedex we plan to use. 151 Pokemon. Any suggestions, hints, criticism? And if Castform reads this and wonders about the lack of Spheal, talk to Stryke.

Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Sentret
Furret
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Seedot (Moon only)
Nuzleaf (Moon only)
Shiftry (Moon only)
Bellsprout (Sun only)
Weepinbell (Sun only)
Victreebell (Sun only)
Taillow (Moon only)
Swellow (Moon only)
Spearow (Sun only)
Fearow (Sun only)
Caterpie (Common in Sun)
Metapod (Common in Sun)
Butterfree
Weedle (Common in Moon)
Kakuna (Common in Moon)
Beedrill
Onix
Steelix
Geodude
Graveller
Golem
Corphish
Crawdaunt
Nincada
Ninjask
Shedinja
Abra (Sun only)
Kadabra (Sun only)
Alakazam (Sun only)
Ralts (Moon only)
Kirlia (Moon only)
Gardevoir (Moon only)
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Sableye
Zubat
Golbat
Crobat
Mareep (Common in Sun)
Flaffy (Common in Sun)
Ampharos
Gastly (Common in Moon)
Haunter (Common in Moom)
Gengar
Elekid (Common in Sun)
Electabuzz (Common in Sun)
Magby (Common in Moon)
Magmar (Common in Moon)
Swablu
Altaria
Tyrouge (One off)
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Hitmontop
Magikarp
Gyarados
Absol
Magnemite
Magneton
Electrike
Manectric
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Aron
Lairon
Aggron
Solrock (Sun only)
Lunatone (Moon only)
Sneasel (Sun only)
Misdreavus (Moon only)
Meditite
Medicham
Duskull (Moon only)
Dusclops (Moon only)
Shuppet (Sun only)
Bannette (Sun only)
Nosepass
Slugma
Macargo
Houndour
Houndoom
Swinub
Piloswine
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Torkoal
Pichu
Pikachu
Raichu
Skarmory
Scyther
Scizor
Numel
Camerupt
Snorlax
Diglett
Dugtrio
Trapinch
Vibrava
Flygon
Absol
Smoochum
Jynx
Lileep
Cradily
Anorith
Armaldo
Aerodactyl
Kabuto
Kabutops
Omanyte
Omastar
Eevee (One off)
Flareon
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Umbreon
Espeon
Lapras
Bagon (Sun only)
Shelgon (Sun only)
Salamence (Sun only)
Beldum (Moon only)
Metang (Moon only)
Metagross (Moon only)
Ekans
Arbok
Entei (One off)
Raikou (One off)
Suicune (One off)
Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyrannitar
Lugia (Moon only until after E4; One off)
Ho-oh (Sun only until after E4, One off)
Celebi (One off)

Beldum/Bagon are version exclusives, meaning each game only has two pseudo legendaries.

Bagon is found in Victory Road, and so is Beldum.

Larvitar CAN be gained relatively early, but is the equivalent of Gible. As in, "WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DAMNED THING!?"

So, it would be harder just to breeze through

Beldum/Bagon are version exclusives, meaning each game only has two pseudo legendaries.

Bagon is found in Victory Road, and so is Beldum.

Larvitar CAN be gained relatively early, but is the equivalent of Gible. As in, "WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DAMNED THING!?"

So, it would be harder just to breeze through

Plus, wouldn't you have to beat almost every trainer to get a Tyranitar?

If I download this game once it's finished, I think I'll be using Desert Moon.

XD You're already talking about what version to get!

Anyways, the Pokedex may have to be expanded to 202, due to it being an Emerald hack. So, if that is the case, what other Pokemon do you want to see?

Roughly half of the region is mountain and desert (There is an active volcano and some of the mountains are snowy, but only one area has the snow, and that is a small town with a gym. Due to the remoteness, though, there ARE wild Pokemon in the town), and the other half is forest, rivers, and caverns. NO Ocean is able to be accessed until VERY late in the story, if not after the E4.

Oh, also, the only HM's needed to progress through the game are Strength, Surf, Waterfall (only needed once), and Cut (only early in the game, though)

So, after the second or third gym, unless you REALLY hate Strength or Waterfall being on anything BUT an HM slave, well... No HM slaves will be needed unless you go to a remote area

Vulpix
Ninetales
Regirock
Regice
Registeel

And isn't there some way to battle with Pokemon ROMS? I heard someone did it somehow.

Back
Top Bottom