• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Alrighty I think it's about time I got an evolution going. By the power of EXP Share and delicious candy,

412-trash.png

[The Grouch] Burmy (F)
(EXP Share)
<Shed Skin>

l
l
V

413-trash.png

[The Grouch] Wormadam *Trash Forme* (F)
<Anticipate>

Technically I saved myself ten bucks in the deal but eh.

[The Mime] Mimejr [M]
Soundproof

Snorunt [M]
Ice Body

Feebas [F]
Swift Swim

Vulpix [F]
Flash Fire

Swablu [F]
Natural Cure

Bank link

Last edited:

Signature attributes and moves, here I come!
[Lancelot Lucarto XLII] Riolu (M)<Steadfast>
Signature Attribute: Squire Training

Lancelot happens to come from a long line of Lucario, and can traced back more than one millennium in early England. Such an archaic family without doubt has extensive traditions. Since the early Dark ages, the Lucarto clan has been a respected and honorable family. The entire family has trained in the arts of knighthood, working side-by-side with fabulous and famous knights, such as Sir Lancelot, Sir Gawain, and has even spread south and served under Don Quixote de la Mancha. Nowadays, knights have all but left our world, finding hostage in our memories and imaginations. However, such an archaic family without doubt has extensive traditions. The Lucarto clan continues to follow this path, though it is no more, to protect the citizens of the world, following the code of chivalry. Thankfully, people are still fond of knights, and the family is allowed to live on.

Lancelot XLII is a proud member of his family, and he follows all of its traditions to a tee. Thus, as the code of chivalry dictates, he is training to become a squire so he can later become inducted into his family and become a full-time knight.
As the code of chivalry dictates, Lance will weaken all of his blows against a female and strengthen those against a male, basically making a Rivalry-like effect.
Also, as a chivalrous Pokémon, Lance attacks Pokémon below 33% health with a -2 to his attack. In a multiple battle, he will favor attacking the strong.
According to his family, anyone with honour will never use a Dark-type move, so neither does he.
Knighthood training leaves him with a clear mind: Non-attacking Dark-typed moves will not affect him.
His physical training for being a knight gives him an attacking bonus to all of his physical attacks

Overall effects:
-Lancelot Gains ability Rivalry as well as Steadfast
-In a double battle or more, with single target moves, Lancelot will attack the enemy with the most remaining health.
-Attacking a Pokémon who has less than 33% health will factor in a -2 attack or special attack for that attack
-Contact attacks get +1
-Lancelot will not be able to use a Dark-typed move
-No Dark-typed non-attacking moves affect him (Taunt, captivate, etc.)

Signature move: Holy Strike

Fighting / Physical / (6%/8%) / 95/ One enemy / 8% / Six Actions

With the intent of becoming a full-fledged knight, Lancelot and his knightful family have passed down the ability to get rid of trickery from all around. One strike from the archaic power coming from his ancestors, and the enemy will temporarily lose its ability to fool and trick the opponent.
When an enemy Pokémon is hit by the move, they may not use dark-typed moves for the next six actions. Because of their nature of trickery, the attack will hit harder on Dark-typed Pokémon.
Usage gap: Once every twelve actions

Signature attributes and moves, here I come!

Lancelot happens to come from a long line of Lucario, and can traced back more than one millennium in early England. Such an archaic family without doubt has extensive traditions. Since the early Dark ages, the Lucarto clan has been a respected and honorable family. The entire family has trained in the arts of knighthood, working side-by-side with fabulous and famous knights, such as Sir Lancelot, Sir Gawain, and has even spread south and served under Don Quixote de la Mancha. Nowadays, knights have all but left our world, finding hostage in our memories and imaginations. However, such an archaic family without doubt has extensive traditions. The Lucarto clan continues to follow this path, though it is no more, to protect the citizens of the world, following the code of chivalry. Thankfully, people are still fond of knights, and the family is allowed to live on.

Lancelot XLII is a proud member of his family, and he follows all of its traditions to a tee. Thus, as the code of chivalry dictates, he is training to become a squire so he can later become inducted into his family and become a full-time knight.
As the code of chivalry dictates, Lance will weaken all of his blows against a female and strengthen those against a male, basically making a Rivalry-like effect.
Also, as a chivalrous Pokémon, Lance attacks Pokémon below 33% health with a -2 to his attack. In a multiple battle, he will favor attacking the strong.
According to his family, anyone with honour will never use a Dark-type move, so neither does he.
Knighthood training leaves him with a clear mind: Non-attacking Dark-typed moves will not affect him.
His physical training for being a knight gives him an attacking bonus to all of his physical attacks

Overall effects:
-In a double battle or more, with single target moves, Lancelot will attack the enemy with the most remaining health.
-Attacking a Pokémon who has less than 33% health will factor in a -2 attack or special attack for that attack
-Contact attacks get +1
-No Dark-typed non-attacking moves affect him (Taunt, captivate, etc.)

Fighting / Physical / (6%/8%) / 95/ One enemy / 8% / Six Actions

With the intent of becoming a full-fledged knight, Lancelot and his knightful family have passed down the ability to get rid of trickery from all around. One strike from the archaic power coming from his ancestors, and the enemy will temporarily lose its ability to fool and trick the opponent.
When an enemy Pokémon is hit by the move, they may not use dark-typed moves for the next six actions. Because of their nature of trickery, the attack will hit harder on Dark-typed Pokémon.

Holy Strike looks acceptable but could use some description as to how it's actually performed. Describing it as simply "a strike of archaic power from his ancestors" is pretty vague and would make it hard to describe in a reffing situation. Just sayin'.

With regards to Squire Training, Captivate isn't a Dark-type move. Other than that, approved.

Fixed

Overall effects:
-Contact attacks get +1
-No Dark-typed non-attacking moves affect him (Taunt, Torment, etc.)

Fighting / Physical / (6%/8%) / 95/ One enemy / 8% energy / Six Actions

With the intent of becoming a full-fledged knight, Lancelot and his knightful family have seen the problem of trickery of others. One thousand years ago, members of the family worked together to create an ability to temporarily rid others of their trickery. All of Lance’s family, including him, is able to summon a heavy sabre made completely of pure energy. The enemy shirks in fear as they use this to strike the opponent down, and render it completely honorable for a short amount of time.

Fixed

Overall effects:
-Contact attacks get +1

With the intent of becoming a full-fledged knight, Lancelot and his knightful family have seen the problem of trickery of others. One thousand years ago, members of the family worked together to create an ability to temporarily rid others of their trickery. All of Lance’s family, including him, is able to summon a heavy sabre made completely of pure energy. The enemy shirks in fear as they use this to strike the opponent down, and render it completely honorable for a short amount of time.

Both approved.

You realize you can do normal team approvals too, right, Mike?

Approved

Approved.

[Roadkilla] Wingull M
[Cashcow] Miltank F (Scrappy)

bank link tba
approval tba

[Safetymouse] Nidoran (F)
Ability: Poison Point

counterpart tiem
Approved

Fixed

Overall effects:
-Contact attacks get +1

Re: sig attribute: contact attacks get +1 *what*?

Re: sig attribute: contact attacks get +1 *what*?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 'Contact Attacks' are a separate classification per-move that in-game are mostly used to judge whether abilities (Eg. Static, Poison Point, etc) take effect or not. They cover both physical and special moves, but it basically boils down to slugging one's opponent at point-blank range or otherwise making physical contact, regardless of what stat they're affected by. Serebii has a 'Physical Contact' field in the movedex, so the +1 would apply to moves with 'Yes' to that field. I'm not sure if Veekun has similar, Serebii has just become habitual to me..

((As a side note, I've noticed my name on the list of team approvers as well, but that was never mentioned when I signed up, and I haven't wanted to overstep and approve someone's team when I'm not allowed to. I kinda of assumed it comes with the approver jobs, but just wanted to clarify should I be approving regular team purchases too? <w< ))

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 'Contact Attacks' are a separate classification per-move that in-game are mostly used to judge whether abilities (Eg. Static, Poison Point, etc) take effect or not. They cover both physical and special moves, but it basically boils down to slugging one's opponent at point-blank range or otherwise making physical contact, regardless of what stat they're affected by. Serebii has a 'Physical Contact' field in the movedex, so the +1 would apply to moves with 'Yes' to that field. I'm not sure if Veekun has similar, Serebii has just become habitual to me..

((As a side note, I've noticed my name on the list of team approvers as well, but that was never mentioned when I signed up, and I haven't wanted to overstep and approve someone's team when I'm not allowed to. I kinda of assumed it comes with the approver jobs, but just wanted to clarify should I be approving regular team purchases too? <w< ))
I wasn't asking what the bonus would apply to; I wanted to know what the bonus is. +1% damage? Treated as being at one attack level greater than whatever the riolu's current boost is? Something... else?

And yes, anybody approved as a sig move/attribute approver is considered qualified to do normal approvals as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom