• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

I'd like to evolve my Houndour, Hokage, into a Houndoom.

2 exp points
2 more exp points

Which equals 4, which is actually one more than what I need to evolve anyway. =D

[Hokage] Houndoom (M)
Ability: Flash Fire
Signature Move: None

You know what I forgot about this. >:

I think I'll just not have the sig move... I'll go for something else. >3

Oh, and do I have to repost the bank link here too?

[Philharmonic] Chatot (m)
Ability:
Tangled Feet
Signature Move: None

Signature Attribute: Conductor's Baton

Philharmonic was born with an oddly long tail - almost a foot long, nearly as long as he is tall! He was made fun of by his siblings for the abnormal body part, but he pressed on.

As he started the battle, he learned that when he flicked his tail back and forth as chatot often do, his foes would be distracted by it. So be trained very hard with it, and now the tail constantly flicks back and forth in a distracting rhythm. The constant ticking will sometimes attract the attention of something attacking Philharmonic, and will miss or just not attack at all. he can even speed up the flicking to catch other Pokemon's attention even more, but it needs some effort, unlike the normal speed.

Effects: 5% additional chance that a Pokemon attacking Philharmonic will miss. If he speeds up the tail, it ups to a 10% chance, but Philharmonic takes 2% energy for each action it's sped up.
If it wasn't approved previous to this, then yeah, edit in your bank link and I'll add it to this post. If it's already been approved blank, then no, you don't need the link.

In any case, the sig attribute is approved.

Last edited:

I'd like to start off my team please.

[Zeppelin] Drifloon (M) <Aftermath> -$13-

[Mr. Teeny] Chimchar (M) <Blaze> -$10-

[Tinfoil] Magnemite (X) <Magnet Pull> -$10-

Paid for here.

STARTING TEAM

[Rai] Shinx (Male)
Ability: Intimidate
Price: $7

[Tezu] Charmander (Male)
Price: $10 (purchase as r3)

[Terra] Riolu (Female)
Ability: Steadfast
Price:$20

Total: $37

I don't understand how to link to a specific post, so you're going to have to find my post on that page.
Sorry, but at least there's a link...

Last edited:

STARTING TEAM

[Rai] Shinx (Male)
Ability: Intimidate
Price: $7

[Tezu] Charmander (Male)
Price: $10 (purchase as r3)

[Terra] Riolu (Female)
Price:$20

Total: $37

I don't understand how to link to a specific post, so you're going to have to find my post on that page.
Sorry, but at least there's a link...

Team approved.

The number on the top right corner of your post is the link to the single post (the part that says #394 in your case). Copy the link however you please.

SIGNATURE MOVE APPLICATION

Riolu.png

Terra (Female)

Experience: -none yet-
Approval: Starting Team

Signature Move:
Aura Manipulation (Unless I think of a better name later)

Description: Aura Manipulation lets Terra sense the emotions of a Pokemon and intensify them to be used against the Pokemon. For example, intensified sadness causes an extreme 'why bother' feeling, intensified rage causes blind fury, like the effects of swagger but intensified, etc. However, there are some emotions that simple can't be turned against someone. Determination, for example.
If Terra uses it first thing in a round, it will be more powerful, but will leave her exhausted and unable to attack for the rest of the round. The strength at which she uses it determines how long the effect lasts and how taxing it is. It is very taxing in general to use it though. It can also be expanded to multiple Pokemon, though doing so requires more energy.
In addition to this, it can be used to sense what the Pokemon is planning to do, though it can't give a very clear picture. This uses little energy. It can also be used to sway the thoughts of a Pokemon, effectively controlling the Pokemon. This is VERY taxing though, and only lasts two actions.
Terra concentrates deeply for a time, developing a slight blue glow as she looks through her 'other sight', the aura sensing sight. The blue glow intensifies as the effects come into play, and if controling is the aim she moves her arms as if controling a puppet.

Terra taught herself how to do this, as a defense against dangerous Pokemon. It is already within most Riolu's power to sense the auras of others, she realized that it is possible to affect a Pokemon through their aura through necessity; as a young Riolu in the wild she was always in danger of attack from some Pokemon or another, so she developed the ability to distract them for long enough that she could run away.

Type: Psychic / Stat: Special / Accuracy: 100% / Target: One Enemy or All Enemies / Energy: 8%-22% / Duration: 1-2 Rounds after round performed in

Effects:

Intensifies the strongest emotion of a Pokemon, causing confusion/depression/whatever is the extreme of the emotion. Can tell Terra general directions/effects of what the Pokemon is going to do. Can be used to control a Pokemon's actions entirely for two actions.

Usage Gap: If intensification, 3 rounds until it can be used again. Controling can only be used once per battle, and the usage gap after detection is 1 round.​

It feels like you're trying to cram about [highlight]four[/highlight] different signature moves into one, here. Decide whether you want something that can intensify a pokémon's emotions, read their intentions, or exert some measure of control over them (I assure you you're not going to get two actions of absolute control approved on a riolu, though), then create a signature move around that particular aspect.

Last edited:

This better? If it's still not acceptable, I'll just save it till she evolves.
Actually just intensification was my original idea, the other parts were afterthoughts. :sweatdrop:

EDIT: Added some description, etc. as per your post. I think I covered most of the major emotions, if another one comes up in battle I can describe then what happens? It's all very circumstantial, so I'd elaborate as needed in battle.

SIGNATURE MOVE APPLICATION

Riolu.png

Terra (Female)

Experience: -none yet-
Approval: Starting Team

Signature Move: Aura Manipulation (Unless I think of a better name later)

Description:
Terra taught herself how to do intensify Pokemon's emotions, as a defense against dangerous Pokemon. It is already within most Riolu's power to sense the auras of others, she realized that it is possible to affect a Pokemon through their aura through necessity; as a young Riolu in the wild she was always in danger of attack from some Pokemon or another, so she developed the ability to distract them for long enough that she could run away.

Aura Manipulation lets Terra sense the emotions of a Pokemon and intensify them to be used against the Pokemon. Rage becomes 'blind fury', they are so mad that they simply lose their grip on reality for a time. Sadness becomes depression, effectively rendering a Pokemon immobile due to instilling a 'why bother' feeling. Confidence intensified can cause Pokemon to put themselves in more danger than is necessary. Nervousness, obviously, makes the Pokemon very afraid and not wanting to have anything to do with the battle. Attraction intensified causes a Pokemon to be totally enamored, unable to hurt the Pokemon to which it's attracted AT ALL. Confusion intensified causes severe dizziness, inability to move in a straight line or see straight, etc. (kinda like being veeeery drunk)
However, there are some emotions that simple can't be turned against someone. Determination, for example. This will only cause the Pokemon to become more determined Or happiness, most of the time. This will simply mean that a Pokemon is even more content. However, happiness in a 'everything is so wonderful etc. etc.' way can make the Pokemon not want to hurt anyone. Calm, if intensified at low strength, simply makes the Pokemon more calm and level headed, though at high strength can make them uncaring about what happens, so they don't bother to defend themselves.
If Terra uses it first thing in a round, it will be more powerful, but will leave her exhausted and unable to attack for the rest of the round. The strength at which she uses it determines how long the effect lasts and how taxing it is. It is very taxing in general to use it though.
Terra concentrates deeply for a time, meditating and developing a slight blue glow as she looks through her 'other sight', the aura sensing sight. The blue glow intensifies as the effects come into play.

Type: Psychic / Stat: Special / Accuracy: 100% / Target: 1+ Pokemon / Energy: 8%+ / Duration: Depends on strength, at least 2 actions and as much as 2 rounds

Effects:
Intensifies the strongest emotions of a Pokemon, causing confusion/depression/whatever is the extreme of the emotion.
The energy usage begins at 8, this being an effect that lasts only a couple actions, only intensifies an emotion a little (ex. sadness just becomes a 'sigh, this is bad' feeling, not full blown depression), and only targets one pokemon. in general the energy usage increases by 1 point per extra action it lasts, 2 points per extra enemy, and as for intensification level, at it's strongest the energy use increases by 6 points from the weakest.

Usage Gap: Can only be used once per battle.​

Last edited:

Include some indication of how one would determine how much energy the attack would use. Under what circumstances would it take 8%? 18%? Something in between?

If this attack can cause damage by amplifying pain, how much damage can it deal this way? And if pain is amplified, how does the duration of the attack come into play?

What are the effects of intensifying something like sadness or anger?

The last paragraph of the description should come first.

Okay, but if I do add that stuff there's a chance it'd be approved?

There are too many emotions to list the effects of all of them, so if I should add any particular ones, please tell me.

EDIT: Okay, I edited my last post. I didn't want to use yet another post to repost it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom