• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon

These ultra beasts are looking awfully familiar...

Also, the plot for the anime for S&M has been released, and... its actually different then what the usual shtick is! This one involves Ash going to school, and trying to graduate, which seems like a nice deviation from the usual plot.

Hm... I'm kind of confused as to why rugarugan is a single pokémon with such dramatically different forms and apparently different movesets. Why aren't they just a proper split evolution? Alternatively, considering it's clearly meant to be a werewolf/loup garou, why not keep it as forms of a single pokémon but make the forms interchangeable instead of permanent? Midday form during the day, midnight form during, y'know, the night? They look okay, they're probably fun enough to use and all, but this decision is baffling to me.

Also, the plot for the anime for S&M has been released, and... its actually different then what the usual shtick is! This one involves Ash going to school, and trying to graduate, which seems like a nice deviation from the usual plot.

...what

how

please no Pokemon high school drama (elementary school?! are they still pretending he's ten?!)

Not suuuper pumped about Rockruff's evolutions myself, but they're not bad. Just... anime wolves.
Same. Rockruff's one of my favorites out of the new 'mons, so it's disappointing the evos are so uninspired. And like Kratos said, why are they different forms instead of an actual split evolution? (Similar to that one fish that doesn't evolve, it just changes form after a certain level? Wat?) What did I say about sticking more forms all over everything, Game Freak. >:|

omg canon high school (middle school?) AU whyyyyyy

Oh look more info!

The gist: We've got 2 new monkey 'mons (One Fighting, one Normal/Psychic) that are version exclusives, Rockruffs evos are also version exclusives apparently, clothing change and Pokemon Amie (excuse me, Pokemon Refresh) are back, and Pikachu and Eevee have new exclusive Z-Moves! EDIT: This wasn't mentioned in the trailer, but it was announced recently, so I'll include it anyway: Pokemon Bank will be Sun/Moon compatible by January 2017.

The monkeys look pretty interesting, since they look like fierce wild monkeys rather than cute monkeys like Aipom and the Pansage/Pansears/Panpour trio. Also, Eevees new Z-Move is really OP! (For those who don't know, it raises all of Eevees stats by TWO STAGES)

Last edited:
I'm super excited for the SuMo customization because it gives the male PCs actual options, unlike XY, which had four different shirt models in four different colors each.

Refresh looks even more like Nintendogs (not that that's a bad thing). Really pumped to properly groom everything.

Speaking of grooming, what kind of side games would you guys like to see in these games?

Yes, high school drama. Jokes aside, this looks interesting! Ash would actually go through learning experiences instead of just randomly bumbling along regions.

Yeah the customization options look A+ and it looks like there'll be a short enough hair option for girls as well! I won't have to play as a dude just to get shorter hair :D
And good riddance, hats! Even though I wear a hat irl I don't want to be forced to wear one in-game. Plus, being able to dye your clothing is just Really Good and I wasn't expecting it. Thanks Gamefreak!

Lycanroc's Midnight form is kinda growing on me after seeing it in action, because it looks so lively (and slightly deranged). That cry is pretty cute as well. Still might not be enough for me to stick it in my team, but at least the 3D model redeems it a bit in my eyes :P

Honestly, I think Mustachatta looks funny.

a-rattata.png

DOESN'T THIS LOOK LIKE IT HAS A MUSTACHE???

Starter evolutions have been revealed! Also, your PC pokemon can hang around on islands and do stuff like gather evolution stones, plus a demo version (with Ash-Greninja) will be released on the 18th! Megas are (unsurprisingly) returning, though no new ones have been shown at this time. :O :O

Rowlet's fab snob evolution is great *u* Litten's evo looks cool as well but if it doesn't get a split evolution I'm going with Popplio because dang it just gets more adorable. :3

Oh man, tons of stuff I like in this update. Really interested in what the online mission stuff is going to be about, sounds like it could be pretty cool. VR trainers, and getting to play with VR trainer teams, is also nice, although it could mean even more of a flood of same-y stuff if everyone's just grabbing some championship team to use. Dat Worlds 2017 format, tho--Alola 'dex only and no megas. Assuming the Alola 'dex isn't hideously unbalanced, that could be a lot of fun!

tbh what I'm most excited about is the announcement of the demo, for personal reasons--if it gets reverse-engineered, I might be able to get the summary sprites to use for my NaNo word counters this November, which would be super cool.

4 more 'mons have been unveiled!

First off, we've got Alolan Grimer! It's Poison/Dark type, and it has a "beard", and buck teeth!

The other three haven't been confirmed as of yet due to lack of images, but we've reportedly also got Shiruvadi, Type:Null's evolution, which has an "Ability AR system", which changes its type if it holds its personal item. And we've got Jarango, Jangmo-o's evolution, and Jararanga, the Fighting/Dragon final stage of Jangmo-o.

Full article here: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_reveals_Alolan_Grimer

The images showing the evolutions (both Type:Null's and Jangmo-o's) have surfaced! A Dragon/Fighting mon that's also a cool scale armor knight dragon? Hell yes. I'm glad it keeps its unique colour scheme! *u*

faticate is the best part of this game lol

is it me or does it seem like we're getting a lot of potential single-stagers this time around? then again, that's what i thought about mudsdale only to be proven wrong, lol.

And the news keeps coming

Alolan Grimer and the new evos in Corocoro were officially announced! Silvally is Type:Null's evolutions English name, and is pretty much the poor man's Arceus, and Jangmo-o's evolutions English names are Hakamo-o for the middle evo and the final stage is Kommo-o. And more evos! Bounsweet evolves twice, first into Steenee, then Tsareena, Cutiefly now evolves into Ribombee, and we have Alolan Muk! (It looks fab). And finally, there are 2 new type specializing trainers: a Rock type one and a Normal type one. Anyway, that's all.

Tech-savvy people have been very busy datamining the demo, and have already found sprites for most of the pokemon and Ultra Beasts (apparently some 'mons are still missing but don't quote me on that), including shiny sprites. Obviously very spoilery, so if you don't want to see unreleased pokemon, don't look! Here's the video with the regular 'mons and here's one with the shinies. :O :O

Wimpod just got a spot in my in-game team, that's for sure. Plus I see a ton of shiny breeding in my future :D

can we talk about Alolan dugtrio tho

alolandugtrio.jpg

magical

normally I only do straight-up new pokémon on my first run through a game but I am having A Very Hard Time resisting the urge to catch one of these and name it "Mmmbop" or something and IRRITATE EVERYBODY, I will destroy the trial league whatever whatever and save the world with Hanson and no one can stop me

also omfg a yeti crab THERE'S A YETI CRAB i am the happiest person

Last edited:
Alolan dugtrio is definitely a gift to all humanity. I think I definitely want one on my team, especially given that there's such a tiny number of actual new pokémon... haha... haaaa...

yeah, the low amount of new mons is kind of a bummer since i skipped gen 6, so going straight from big ol unova to alola might not be awesome.

good thing my team will just end up being 6 alolan dugtrios anyway. kinda sucks that it's one haircut away from the 3 stooges. i guess i could name it He-Man...

shiny orangoro is TOTALLY grape ape

Back
Top Bottom