• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

DMsL7KTl.jpg

This Steel/Ghost sword pokemon was apparently revealed at Japan Expo in France; it's called Hitotsuki in Japanese and Monorpale in French.
No idea about the English name, they'll probably update the official pokemon site soon or something. It' sheathed in the upper left picture and unsheathed in the others.

This thing looks pretty neat to me! I like the design on the sheath (and the blue ribbon-y thing is kinda like an arm that it uses to unsheath itself!). :D

I am so happy about this you have no idea. I've been predicting a steel/ghost type for months but I always thought it'd be more along the lines of a suit of armor but a sword with what looks like the eye of Sauron? Yes please. From a typing standpoint, too, it's amazing. If it has levitate then it's only weak to fire (and fairy, maybe, that's all over the place) and is resistant to normal, fighting, poison, and ground if it does have levitate.

Also the whole unsheathing thing seems cool. I think this Pokemon may have sold this generation for me and is definitely my favorite so far.

aaand its english name is Honedge and it just got a little bit more creepy!
bmUWLZU.jpg

"Honedge comes into being when a departed spirit inhabits a sword that once belonged to humans. It can use the blue cloth attached to its hilt as nimbly as an arm. If you were to carelessly take this blade in hand, you may find that blue cloth wrapping around you...draining the energy from your body!"

Hmmm... I wonder how you're supposed to pet something like Honedge in Pokemon-Amie? :D
"Your Pokemon grabbed you and is draining your life force!"

I was kind of hoping for a full-fledged haunted suit of armor as a Steel/Ghost, but this still makes me very happy. I can't see what they'd do with it for an evolution though.

Even without Levitate, it only has two weaknesses (unless Fairy makes three)

Been wanting a living sword Pokemon (and a Steel/Ghost in general) since always.

Hoping it gets Levitate and good stats/an evolution with good stats.

oh man oh man MORE NEW POKEMON + THE PROFESSOR + BAD GUYS
Xerneas is Fairy and all life-y, while Yveltal is dark/flying and destructive! Not all that surprising (but neat nonetheless).

6th gen just keeps getting better and better by the minute! The dark/psychic squids are so ADORABLE and the weird pink plague doctor fairy bird and everything, just wow O:

Other than the pokes, the best things are easily the PRETTY HANDSOME DUDE PROF and the evil team (with rad suits) that just wants shitloads of money instead of silly world domination. Just yes, a million times. :D

I am having a really hard time waiting until October!
When the day finally comes, it'll be tough figuring out what my team is going to be because there are too many must-have pokes ughhhh :U

COTTON CANDY POKEMON I AM SO HAPPY

also Team Flair may be my favorite ("take over the world? nah we just want money")

Is it just me or does the Prof look like he could easily be an evil team admin?

I don't like that one box legendary has a clear advantage over the other (given the likeliness of Dark being weak to Fairy). It reminds me of Ruby/Sapphire, where Kyogre kicked Groudon's ass all the time (disregarding strategy and countering and blah blah blah. It's Water versus Ground). This probably only bothers me because I thought Groudon looked cooler than Kyogre and I think Yveltal looks cooler than Xerneas. I like the seeming life/death motif here, but I think it's a bit much to make the "death" Pokemon a Dark-type, since they're trying to break the Dark-is-evil stereotype.

I've been waiting quite some time for a Dark/Psychic type and I'm extremely happy with the ones I've been given. I really, really like the squids and I will go out of my way to include one in my team. If I end up getting X I'll probably use the cotton candy Pokemon too because I think it looks silly and adorable. And Pancham's evolution looks so badass I almost can't decide what Dark type I want to use.

Very very pleased with this generation so far.

Thoughts on latest update, go!

Spritzee is cute, and I like its name.

Swirlix is adorable!

Inkay is also adorable.

Malamar is meh.

Pangoro is pretty tough looking, not my favorite but I like it.

I like the how the new legendaries have a life/death theme going.

Team Flare looks really interesting. There hasn't been an evil team whose goal doesn't focus on a legendary since legendaries became important to the plot. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I don't really have an opinion on Prof. Sycamore or the Gym Leaders yet.

I'm very interested to see how Team Flare plays out because they still revealed the legendaries first (or might-as-well-be-first, I don't remember if the starters happened first) and there's still a big deal being made about them. The plot-necessitated legendary fight has become tradition or cliche, depending on how you look at it, but it doesn't seem to fit Team Flare, who uses Fire Pokemon (a type that neither Yveltal nor Xerneas is) and only wants money. Still, a life/death motif seems a little strong to not include in the plot.

I'm also still in love with Miramar and now its English name is awesome.

Extremely curious as to why Talonflame is called the "Deterioration Pokemon" maybe it's constantly burning parts of itself and pretty soon it won't exist anymore

The plot-necessitated legendary fight has become tradition or cliche, depending on how you look at it, but it doesn't seem to fit Team Flare, who uses Fire Pokemon (a type that neither Yveltal nor Xerneas is) and only wants money.

Personal theory: Legendaries are rare as fuck and therefore would sell for a lot of money, so naturally Team Flare would steal the version legendary (or the opposite?). This would likely set off a Second Movie-esque cycle, where the loss of the Life Pokemon makes the land wither or the loss of the Destruction Pokemon makes everything overgrown. So naturally it's up to the player (and hopefully their gang of friends! I'd love to see really-involved-non-rivals!) to team up with the remaining Legendary and set the first one free!

(i hope this happens)

Wait, does it actually say anywhere that Team Flare are after the legendaries? The plot can involve both legendaries and Team Flare without them wanting to catch them - say, Team Flare does [unethical stuff here] to get money, and in the climax the legendaries appear to stop them, or let you battle them so that you can stop them together.

XERNEAS's data was added to the Pokédex.

XERNEAS, the Life Pokémon.
It's the deity of life but it's not very good at its job. Sometimes it curses people with painful death, then forgets how to cure them.

tumblr_m8xijtM1YW1r62u54o1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it rather hilarious that the in-game phone thing is going to be called Holo Caster of all things. Couldn't they come up with anything less suspicious?
Anyhow, it's a somewhat interesting coincidence that I already decided ages ago that I'm gonna name my Pokemon team after nazi officers :D

hmm... we have a giant murder panda, squids that are dark/psychic holy shit, an evil team that looks like a dance crew, and more info on the legendaries.

preordering y, definitely. dark/flying giant wyvern-type pokemon that has an ability called dark aura and a move named oblivion wing. i am getting so hyped for this game i can't believe it.

Back
Top Bottom