• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

I don't say much of anything because there's nothing for me to talk about :P
Also, I haven't targeted anyone because I don't have a night action for my "free move".

I'd assume ZM's just claiming he doesn't have an action that activates at night. His free power could be a passive effect, for example, or it could be a daytime action like The Thing.

Ugh. I know I said I'd have something to share but my computer has been super uncooperative all day and now it's 5am and I just realized I need to attempt to clarify something else with MF. Sorry. I will share my idea before the deadline if I can, so even if there's no time for anyone to post at least there'll be a heads-up.

It could also be something like Oracle, which is a night action but doesn't target. Lots of options.

I'd rather hear it from him, though.

(Going to preemptively Abstain so I don't get caught by the bell. Posting in a minute.)

Since we're getting to the part of the game where people are going to need to start claiming, I think I'll go ahead. Looking at my moves together, it appears that I'm a modified Desperado. With what that entails, using my day action hasn't been a good idea so far.

24-hour time extension. Last one for this Phase.

uurgh computer still jacked been second-guessing my idea but whatever gotta say something. sorry if this is incoherent but I'm ready to put my fist through my monitor at this point so yeah.

My biggest concern at this stage of the game is that, assuming we have three mafia remaining, we're edging kind of close to a lynch-or-lose situation here. Specifically, if we lynch incorrectly today and the mafia gets a successful kill tomorrow, we'll be at 3 mafia/4 town and thaaaat's not a good place. If we abstain instead then that gives us a little more time, but at the cost of an attempt to thin the mafia's numbers and also whatever information that player's death would provide. Not stellar either way, really.

So, yes, I do agree with ZM that at least some of us need to start coming forward with something. We've been running on zero information for too long to continue holding our cards so close to our vests. Those of you who have been acting at night or whatever must know something about some other player in this game. Even if you don't want to completely reveal your role, you can at least drop some kind of hint, yeah? Even if all you've established is "I'm certain that this person is innocent", that's fine! We can narrow down the scum through process of elimination! I realize it's entirely possible that one of our three dead townies was whatever passes for a cop in this game, so maybe no one who's left alive can definitively point fingers at the mafia, but I'll be damned if literally none of you have any useful abilities and/or information at all by now.

In particular, at this point I see no reason for the person who's been handing out supports to remain quiet. We have no idea what these things do. This is a game where you generally need to be earning or using synergy points to be any help to town at all. The fact that they don't generate synergy and they're single-use on top of that means that we basically have no reason to bother trying them out when we could be using an action with an effect we know will work and be worth our time. If these things serve any meaningful purpose and if you know what it is, now's time to share. Unless what they do is "when you gather all five pieces of Exodia the supports and use them at once, town automatically wins", I can't see how it would make you a particularly significant mafia target if you just explained what the three you've already given out do. I mean, let's say that my magneton can roleblock someone when I use it—you've already given it to me and the mafia presumably can't undo that by killing you, so that would make me a higher priority than you anyway. (And if you don't know what they do either, you might as well come forward and admit it so we don't have to continue trying to ponder their effects.)

I'm not comfortable fully claiming yet, but what I will say is that I currently have the ability to guarantee that everyone survives the night. That means that the mafia can't silence anyone immediately for whatever it is they have to say. I can only hope that at least one of you is willing to trust me enough to come forward with something. I can understand that calling for a mass claim looks risky, but hey, maybe all we need is one person's information to get us on the right track, and the rest can pitch in tomorrow. But someone's gotta say something, or we're not getting anywhere.

Now, as for the lynching. I'm generally all in favor of actually getting stuff done; I am a little nervous because of the aforementioned "mislynch and we're in lynch-or-lose", but since I know I can buy us another day I think I'd like to err on the side of at least trying to take out some scum. I have no particular opinion on ZM and would like to hear if he's got more to say (or if he could at least explain what a "desperado" is; I'm not familiar with that role...?). In fact, I think I'm gonna throw out a vote for Faorzia in the meantime. She's still been super-quiet and as far as we know doesn't have much synergy to be helping out with either, although tbh it's really more of a gut thing than anything else. I would very much like Faorzia, ZM and anyone else to come forward with some kind of something—for now I'm going with my gut, but if actual evidence comes along and we've got time to act on it, I'm willing to change my vote.

For those who don't know, a Desperado is like a day-Vig, except one-shot and if I hit a townie I die. I remember seeing it a while back on tcod's irc mafia channel, but I'm not sure if it's been played on the forums recently.
As for Faorzia, I'll put a vote down if she doesn't show up.

I've been waiting for this...

So, who remembers when this happened?
When the oft-meeting brawlers reconvened, it was again in a nostalgic location -- the training dojo. Most of them were utterly astonished to find that there was not, in fact, a facility in which they could strengthen their deduction and debate skills. Bereft of the opportunity to perhaps deadlift some premises, they settled on striving to improve themselves as their present situation allowed.

And yet, as if to answer this concern, came along the perfect opportunity to take on the new challenges with kid gloves. For once, the morning's roll call saw no faces missing from the list -- aside, perhaps, from one or two on the list who were a little too engrossed in their dojo exercises to pay attention to this boring stuff. But this fortune was not necessarily a result fate taking a sudden turn for the merciful, thus leaving mysteries to be solved still.

The matter that stood out is that the Speed Training Dojo had been all but totaled sometime between dusk and dawn; every single mat was out place, many having been blown into the walls and ceiling, and the hard floor below had taken its toll just as well. Still, considering the vigor with which trainees ocasionally approach their bettering, who can know whether this was truly foul play?

No one has died.

72 hours for discussion.

You probably all still do, right?

Well, it might have been me who caused that...

See, my free move protects any person from getting killed by the mafia at the cost of I can only use it against them until they die via lynching or I use another move. My theory is that that night, the mafia were planning to kill Faorzia that night, but my free move stopped that. This is just a theory since maybe they didn't target Faorzia that night. Still, since we're all revealing stuff, I decided to throw in my 2 cents.

Well, for starters, I'm almost entirely certain Autumn is the one handing out supports, if you consider the order in which people have obtained them (I and Wargle got them on the same nights she supposedly targeted us, for instance) and her general eagerness to act like she has no idea what they are. So I'm guessing that makes her innocent.

As for me, well... I suppose we're nearing the end anyway, so I might as well spill some beans. If it wasn't obvious already, my power targets dead people! Fufufufu! My free move takes a few Synergy Points from dead players, and my other moves identify their powers (paying a higher cost gives you more information). I must admit, I haven't actually used my powers to gain any information about the dead yet. I figure the most important thing to know is whether or not someone is mafia, and we find that out upon their death already - and besides, roles don't matter when you're too dead to use them. So I've just been saving up points in case I end up being useful in a clutch somehow, hehe!

Anyway - I'm not really buying ZM's roleclaim. It seems to me very unlikely that his free move would be a high-stakes one-shot kill. I mean, what the heck do his other powers do then!? I'm just not entirely convinced. I still vote to lynch Zero Moment, and I hope someone tags along!

It's also possible that Stryke and Faorzia are mafia; it'd be really easy for Stryke to lie about his powers if he's only been targeting a fellow mafia member, and I guess it's oddly convenient that he's coming forward with this information just when Faorzia is under threat of being lynched... but all in all, I still think ZM seems more suspicious, so I'd like to take him out first.

hello hello!

As a starter, I'd like to apologize for not speaking much - I do tend to be pretty quiet on forums.

To get to business, I feel like nothing can hurt me if I go ahead and reveal, bc if either Kratos or Stryke's not lying I'm safe?

Anyway, my ability is ridiculously specific, takes a huge amount of effort, and it targets the entire town. What I consider my 'main' night action protects every innocent for that night, but it costs fourteen synergy and I just don't have that in my pocket. To achieve that end my other targeting action 'drains' synergy from other players - the problem with using that is half of the synergy in your gauge disappears and I get the other half.

but earning fourteen synergy to protect town just for one night??? especially when Kratos has this ability too and it sounds like it's much easier for them??? it's kinda weird to me, but I haven't played much mafia so I don't know standards.

anyway I gotta go sit a math exam so here's all I got

plus a quiet abstain in case I'm still gonna be lynched

Right, now we have a majority abstain vote. That's not gonna get us anywhere. More people need to chime in!

Yeah... ZM's claim sounds suspicious. I can't detail much about my role because I'm in mobile (and a bit short on time), but I'm casting my vote for ZM.

Also quick thought but would people mind sharing their targets for the last two nights? I just targeted Negrek again both times.

I don't see what's implausible about ZM's claim. ZM, is that your only ability, or do you have synergy abilities that cost as well? For now abstain so he doesn't get lynched.

Will post more in a little bit, but I targeted Kratos both nights again.

My 3- and 7-cost moves are a self-protection and a modifier to my free move. I don't get a real night action until my 10-cost burst, but that's pretty far away.
I wonder what everyone else's roles are that make mine so farfetchd. After all, it's not like we don't have Vigilantes in almost every game.

seriously more later but I'm afraid my battery's going to die

actually I think that sounds like a very plausible action set

possible way to resolve this: ZM uses his power on Faorzia today

best case: Faorzia is mafia, confirm VM's ability, one scum down
worst case: Faorzia and VM both innocent, both die. Unlikely, do the math

if ZM can't use his ability on Faorzia, then is mafia and lynch

I do not trust MD

Everyone seems to be claiming these odd roles (such as multiple protective roles?) and I'm just sitting over here with my free move literally being to give someone 2 synergy points. That's it. No other effect, just a +2 synergy for my freebie

Back
Top Bottom