• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

seriously more later but I'm afraid my battery's going to die

actually I think that sounds like a very plausible action set

possible way to resolve this: ZM uses his power on Faorzia today

best case: Faorzia is mafia, confirm VM's ability, one scum down
worst case: Faorzia and VM both innocent, both die. Unlikely, do the math

if ZM can't use his ability on Faorzia, then is mafia and lynch

I do not trust MD
Hmm. That's not a bad plan, but I thought the idea was that Kratos would use some sort of protection ability tonight and prevent kills? It won't work if that's the case. Either way, I agree that the moveset seems more plausible now that he's elaborated.

As for not trusting me, well... I'll take that as a compliment, fufufu!

Also I used it on Faorzia/Kratos
Oh, goodie! If your power is to grant bonus Synergy, then Kratos should be able to confirm a sudden boost to Synergy on the night you used it. Seems believable.

It shouldn't be that hard to figure out who I targeted.

As for powers, I block mafia kills. However, as you can tell, it has some disadvantages, like not being able to switch targets. Also, I too have a power like Kratos and Faorzia in that when I use it, it targets the whole town. But it's also hard for me to use it (Not 14 synergy, but still in the double digits), so I can't really use it any time soon. And I can't switch the target from Faorzia to anyone else yet.

Oh, and, uh... Abstain

That should about cover it...

Yeah, actually. I did get more synergy than I was expecting this past night. Wargle's claim would appear to hold up, then, assuming no one else has anything to add to that. (Someone should probably see how that squares up with the earlier synergy total tally, but still fighting with computer atm.)

And I can only guarantee no one will die at night. I have no ability to affect anything during the day. If ZM wants to daykill Faorzia (or whoever) he can go right ahead, I suppose.

Okay, gonna start working this out; still haven't had the opportunity to read all the posts I missed, but here's how the numbers shake out thus far:

Kratos seems to be assuming there are three mafia left, but I think it's more likely there are two. Starting with four mafia and thirteen players would suck. Suuuuck. However, I could see three scum and a terrorist/alien or something along those lines.

Anyway, there are nine players left alive. I know me and Kratos are both innocent. I think Wargle's claim checks out, although I'll have to go back through and double-check.

At this point I think ZM's claim at least seems plausible, so I'll put it in the "possibly okay" pile. Likewise, Faorzia and Stryke, although they could easily just be colluding. That leaves only Autumn, ILS, and MD with absolutely no alibi.

oops I missed MD's claim, I think that puts us down to ILS and Autumn unaccounted for

JackPK said:
My Synergy total is 5, which is off by 2 from what is accounted for.
Yeah, I think Wargle's claim is quite well supported.

My first paid power stops a player from losing synergy points, unless they spend them to use their powers.

So there is a role around that can steal synergy points away from people apparently

iirc Faorzia claimed one, I also have one that does

Wrote out a long post, deleted it after reading back even farther in the thread...

I think MD is the most likely mafia candidate at this point.

MD's been pretty unhelpful throughout the game IMO--he's made and retracted various lynches, none of which have ultimately turned out to be mafia, which could either be overzealous lynch targeting or trying to get rid of extra innocents, and his roleclaim gives him a convenient reason for never having targeted a living player. He also might be trying to shift suspicion from Autumn eminently by pointing out the connection to support pokemon, but Autumn previously claimed she targeted him and Wargle in the early nights, and neither of them reported getting a support pokemon those nights. ILS has a MUCH stronger claim to the support pokemon IMO: he said he didn't target anyone N0 or N1 because busy, but would be able to participate starting with the next night; and lo, the first support pokemon showed up the next night, and I believe we've gotten a steady one/night since. This suggests that support pokemon are either free or one point for their creator to make, which means that, unless Autumn has multiple free or one-point actions, there's no way she could have targeted people the first two nights with something other than a support 'mon, and neither of her targets reported getting one. Granted, she also said she targeted Wargle, Wargle didn't die, and I don't think there's anything that contradicts that. Since she wasn't the one who actually claimed supporter, I consider her less suspicious than MD, but it also could be the case of a mafia trying to shift the suspicion off another scum and forgetting a previous lie.

So it's probably too late to get an actual lynch, but Music Dragon is my choice. Or ZM target MD, if people are still suspicious of him.

yeah sorry i haven't been around, my internet died yesterday and i dont remember my tcod password offhand so i can't log in on my phone ._. (and i fear i'll forget it even more if i use "forgot password" lmao)

re: support pokémon: They're a free action and I know because I have it. I don't know why MD and Wargle have not said anything tbh but, yes. I know there's no reason to offhand believe this especially considering I acted like I didn't know what the whole support thing was about, but that's literally because when I saw people start talking about this being a super useful power I didn't want to roleclaim and put myself at risk.

It might also have something to do with the fact that I've been Mafia the last two games and had to lie my ass off the whole time and haven't gotten out of that mindset, idfk ._. but yeah, I'm the inventor role. I have enough Synergy to use one of my other actions now, I might do that tonight if they are decent (i forget what the fuck they are)

MD is super suspicious though tbh and i can't tell if because MD or because Mafia so I should just go ahead and cast a vote for MD eh? I guess. I dunno I have not been paying nearly enough attention besides from handing out lots of supports.

So just because my powers involve stealing from the dead, suddenly I'm the bad guy!? I put years of hard work into getting my necromancy degree at necromancy college and now everyone's like "oh necromancy's bad", "it's ineffective"... Bah! Fools!

Fine! I'll vote to abstain, to save my own skin... but you do as you like. With me, the dead always find their way back, one way or another!

Okay not sure why the day's not over yet but sure, fine, MD, just to make sure something gets done.

Hmm. That's inconvenient...

Well, at least the time extension means I can speak a few words before my untimely death. Once I die, you'll know that I was telling the truth about everything; try to find a way to make use of that information! For instance, it means I really wasn't lying about getting a Support Pokémon. Obviously that's not enough to prove Autumn's innocence by itself, but it's something, ehehe!

Good luck rooting out the bad guys. If you need me I'll be chilling in the morgue. Hehe, "chilling", get it?

this makes me nervous but I'll change my vote to Music Dragon.

Hehehe! Pile on!

Looks like my execution is getting delayed even further. I guess I'll share some more MD Words of Wisdom before I go! Remember what I am about to tell you.

Firstly: ILS and Negrek haven't roleclaimed as far as I can tell, so tomorrow you should all look into that, see if you can figure them out. I mean, Negrek was the one who started the "lynch MD" trend, which you'll soon find results in the death of an innocent. An honest mistake, perhaps. Make of it what you will.

Secondly: Trust nobody, not even yourself.

Thirdly: Wake up, sheeple! Kratos only lynched Superbird so they would look innocent! Superbird sacrificed himself for the Illuminati cause, and Kratos is now orchestrating everything, with all you fools blindly following. Of course Kratos has the power to prevent mafia kills tonight - it's because they're the mafia don! Some people around here are in cahoots, I tell you. Serious cahoots.

Fourthly: Goodbye, cruel world! At least I'm not the first person to die today, since Metallica Fanboy also seems to have passed away tragically. ZING! ... I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Sorry, that was mean. It's actually just me dying.

My two cents for now:

I have a strong suspicion that either MD or ZM are the terrorist (assuming there is one). MD because of the constant deflection of blame. I'm not so sure now, because he could have easily blown up anyone (maybe he doesn't have enough synergy? I don't know).

I'm leaning more towards ZM, though, because the role sounds supremely fishy and fits very well with the whole terrorist deal.

Constant deflection of blame!? What's that supposed to mean!? I'm changing my vote from abstain to I liek Squirtles! I'll show you deflection of blame, punk!

Okay not sure why the day's not over yet
It's because my strong suits are punctuality and not getting hit with multiple deadlines at once.

Wroth with grief and struck by the sheer reality of the betrayal in their group, the Ferrum trainers straddle the lines between investigation, interrogation, and combat -- only this time, they clash not for competition or Synergy, but out of distrust. That way, no Grabs are barred, no Move is too violent to break out.

Some come out of the maelstrom more roughed up than others, but in the end, it is Music Dragon who ends up attracting all too much attention, after making some forward comment as to what he's been up to at night, apparently involving the corpses of the fallen and his faithful Gengar. Outrage yet proves a poor substitute for method, as by all eventual accounts, his shifty behavior was an oddity of its own, rather than an indication of deeper foul play. The culprits that they seek continue to lurk among their own, wearing subtler colors.

The sun falls beneath the distant waves of the horizon, and soon, the trainers will have to make landfall and subsequently dive, with nothing to show Nora for their efforts along the ride.

Music Dragon, Gengar's trainer, is dead. He was innocent.

72 hours for night actions.

Back
Top Bottom