• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

At twilight, the trainers disembark on a relatively well-known isle, and from there, they venture beneath the raging waves of the far ocean. Their destination is visible from not very far below -- the sight of the sprawling underwater facility is rather unavoidable.

The hour of this arrival ends up being a rather late one, and there's no time for a proper rendezvous with the Blue Dome's gracious host. Instead, the worn wayfarers lodge in some hastily arranged rooms by the main observatory, praying that their meeting with Nora on the morrow will not be tainted by yet another murder under her hospitality.

Calamity eventually finds them, albeit not in the expected shape. They're only given a bit less than an hour before something goes incredibly haywire; some unknown, unidentified incident tore through the Blue Dome's whole structure. Viewports were busted open, flooding the observation rooms. Support stilts were twisted like wet towels, tipping floors all around the compound. Mayhem and watery hazards spread at an alarming rate.

Naturally, the guests of honor were thrown into panic, indecision, and even more discord than their now usual fare. They had little chance to make it unscathed through this peril, in their frenzied states. And yet, somehow, a few minutes in, they were delivered to safety... As they suddenly found themselves in some sort of cavern.

A quick headcount revealed that, miraculosuly, none of the group was lost to the dangers of the seafloor -- in fact, there was one person more than there should be, as they found themselves in the company of the veteran trainer they'd been planning to meet with.

"My Gardevoir teleported us all here with her psychic powers," she explained. "This is the Phos Volcano. If you go further into these mountains, you'll find the Dragon's Nest. Look for a trainer called 'Jake' out there, and he'll help you out. As for me, I need to go back to the Blue Dome and make sure everyone else is safe. Good luck."

And thus, Nora and her partner Pokémon vanished into the ether, leaving the trainers with a long hike through sulphur-dense tunnels and gnashing peaks.

No one has died.

72 hours for discussion.

Okay, so everyone's here, yes? Looks like my action worked, then, phew.

...unfortunately that action is a roleblocking action, not a "protective" action per se, so if any of you were expecting some kind of feedback from whatever your action was, I assume you didn't get it. Sorry. :( S'part of why I'm glad people finally spoke up yesterday, because chances are no one got any new information last night and I wanted to be sure some stuff was actually on the table to discuss today. (If someone's action magically *did* go through somehow, then, uh. Hm. Anything to share, I guess?

I'm still kind of fighting with my computer atm, but briefly:

-I don't think we've had any kind of claim from ILS yet
-Some people didn't really buy ZM's claim; personally I don't think there's anything *unusual* about it, it sounds perfectly reasonable to me, but it's also very convenient so *shrug*
-Stryke and Faorzia both claim to also have some kind of game-wide/town-wide protective action??? I doubt that either one is a global roleblock like mine, and I'm not sure why we'd have three actions like that in one game, burst or no? So that's interesting.
-There was an idea floating around about ZM using his daykill action on Faorzia to see what happens. I'm not averse to that idea, but I'd also like to wait a bit and see if anyone else has anything to float before we potentially risk two innocents (I realize that's unlikely, but still).

okay back to laptop wrestling I just wanted to make my action clear, more thinking later

So, ya know how no one died tonight?

That might've been me.

Like I said, I block people from getting mafia kills. That is a power can extend to myself. I targeted and protected myself last night , and I think the mafia may have gone after me that night. Again, just a theory, but still.

And I just read kratos post. Disregard that last one

Okay, so everyone's here, yes? Looks like my action worked, then, phew.

...unfortunately that action is a roleblocking action, not a "protective" action per se, so if any of you were expecting some kind of feedback from whatever your action was, I assume you didn't get it. Sorry. :( S'part of why I'm glad people finally spoke up yesterday, because chances are no one got any new information last night and I wanted to be sure some stuff was actually on the table to discuss today. (If someone's action magically *did* go through somehow, then, uh. Hm. Anything to share, I guess?

I take this to mean your roleblocking action blocked everyone? I got mine blocked, and a specific message telling me it didn't go through.

Never got anything like that... maybe they DID target me??

I didn't get a failure message, just the nightly update message with my Synergy bar.

I take this to mean your roleblocking action blocked everyone? I got mine blocked, and a specific message telling me it didn't go through.

Yes, my action should have blocked literally everyone else. I assume you'd only get a message if you would normally get some kind of specific response, though? I mean, idk, but that's what would make sense to me. So, Stryke, if you haven't gotten any specific success messages before this point, I don't think it's unusual that you wouldn't get a failure message now.

It was a message just saying "your support pokemon didnt go through which means you can send it again, it hasn't been lost to the void"

Last night I tried roleblocking ZM because I was suspicious.

I don't know why I didn't say this earlier (probably because I was too lazy), but my I can investigate dead people's last action. Naturally, I tried it out on Superbird... and it turned up nothing. He had targeted no one. I think that might means he's either the terrorist (if there is one) or he was just inactive.

Last night I tried to use that Synergy to block ZM, but it didn't go through (for obvious reasons). My roleblock only targets one person, by the way.

okay but who are we gonna kill. seriously

I obviously haven't got a clue; any ideas?

blargh I keep forgetting to check in.

quick note to say I tried to drain Autumn last night. Curiously enough I got no message saying it failed, just the usual synergy total (which remained the same).

that's all I've got.

bc you said support pokemon were free so I figured you'd be ok without some synergy? also if I targeted you, you would get some anyway right

actually i have a non free action (which i tried to use last night but couldnt) lets me send someone a support pokemon and they actually get to see what it does so

//casually sits in corner and reflects on life

lol it ok, when i say i couldnt use it last night thats because of the blocking action

24-hour time extension. Although, if you guys can't come up with a lynchee 'til then, just leave it up to me, eh?

Back
Top Bottom