• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Political Compass II

there is nothing intrinsically wrong with authoritarian beliefs. authoritarians have the view that development should be held in a higher regard than the freedom of people. at first glance this may seem like a terrible breach of human rights, but you have to understand that the most incredible economic turnarounds in history came at the helm of authoritarian leadership: soviet russia, nazi germany and communist china. yes, those regions were notorious for grotesque ethical violations but if you look at the countries from a purely economic standpoint then it becomes fully apparent how incredibly these countries had transitioned from being weakened or backward nations into superpowers. russia under the authoritarian leadership of communist leaders like lenin and stalin rose to a world superpower rivaled only by the united states. germany under hitler turned from a country with a broken economy that was utterly disgraced by the treaty of vienna after ww1 into a country that started a NEW world war and held firm against the allied powers in three different fronts. china is the fastest developing nation in the world and is predicted to become a world superpower by as early as 2015.

yes, those leaders winded up killing millions of people on their way to economic salvation, but it could have been avoided and doesnt really prove anything about authoritarianism in general. in fact the only reason authoritarian ideology is associated with so much stigma is because the most prominent leaders who employed authoritarian philosophy were also CRAZY. that doesnt mean its a morally questionable ideology, or that the people who support it are psychopaths.

also, my political compass:

pcgraphpng.php

interesting fact: i am almost exactly where gandhi and mandela are on the graph

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I decided to take the test as I would normally take it:

pcgraphpng.php

And then I took it imagining a totalitarian state that afforded everyone equality and happiness and freedom at the small price of censorship and harsh punishments, which got me this:

pcgraphpng.php

Compare those to my original one:
pcgraphpng.php

And here is me (unsuccessfully) trying to mimic Hitler's political beliefs:
pcgraphpng.php

The moral of the story: I am Left no matter what, even when I'm trying not to be. xD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom