• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

If a pokémon kills itself in a battle with more than two pokémon (say, by energy fainting), which pokémon gets the EXP for the KO? Is it the pokémon that last damaged the one that just fainted?

Will a Pokemon holding a Choice item follow the conditionals it is given if its item is removed mid-round?

I have a few questions about Rest.

Can a Pokemon be commanded to use Rest, and then use Snore/Sleep Talk for the other two actions until it wakes up?

Is any damage taken while using Rest recovered as well?

Can a Pokemon be commanded to Chill while resting?

Can Rest be used while in the invulnerable stage of moves like Dig, Dive, and Fly? (Fish and aquatic animals can sleep while swimming, and many birds can sleep while flying!)

I have a few questions about Rest.

Can a Pokemon be commanded to use Rest, and then use Snore/Sleep Talk for the other two actions until it wakes up?

Is any damage taken while using Rest recovered as well?

Can a Pokemon be commanded to Chill while resting?

Can Rest be used while in the invulnerable stage of moves like Dig, Dive, and Fly? (Fish and aquatic animals can sleep while swimming, and many birds can sleep while flying!)

Yes, no, yes, and yes, at least for Dig. Rest is apparently not banned in Sky Battles, so I suppose so, but ask your ref about specific cases of Fly. Dive should be fine in most cases.

Does Brick Break break the screens if used against a ghost-type?

A Pokémon in a semi-invulnerable state?

Pokémon using Protect / Detect?

Up to your ref. I've allowed it to break screens against a Ghost-type before, since the screens themselves aren't the same typing. I would say no to the second, as I think most would. As for the third, that would depend on how your ref visualizes the screens.

Does Gravity affect the damage of weight based moves?

Also, moves like thunder still don't work indoors, right?

How do sleeping flying-types react to ground-type moves? Especially if those ground moves do not involve the actual ground, but rather are projectiles? (eg. Mud Shot, Bonemerang and the likes)

How do sleeping flying-types react to ground-type moves? Especially if those ground moves do not involve the actual ground, but rather are projectiles? (eg. Mud Shot, Bonemerang and the likes)

A type immunity is a type immunity. The ref can come up with whatever flavor shenanigans they like, but it wouldn't do damage.

Can Avalanche be used as a conditional (i.e. "If you are attacked, use Avalanche") or is it a move that requires a full turn to charge, like Focus Punch?

Can Avalanche be used as a conditional (i.e. "If you are attacked, use Avalanche") or is it a move that requires a full turn to charge, like Focus Punch?
Some refs allow it. I, personally, prefer not to, since it's a negative priority move and thus requires a lot of time to charge.

Back
Top Bottom