• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Quotes of Awesomeness

How funny are these?

• Hilarious!

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Funny

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Amusing

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Awful

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
not so much a funny quote as generally awesome but

So I'm standing at marching band practice and the band director's standing nearby. We're taking a break. One of the rookies asks, "Has the band room changed at all since you went to school here [in the mid-90's]?"

The band director responds, "It hasn't changed at all." After a pause he adds "The people haven't changed, either." Initially after hearing this I narrowed my eyes and was like wut before he went on, "There are always the same characters, they're just played by different actors."

After thinking it over I realized "Huh. That's a great way to describe it. :o"

So I was texting my guy friend and he was all "My girlfriend is sooo sexy" and I was like, "STFU I'm sexy!" and he was like, "I luv you too." We can say stuff like that becaause we've known each other our entire lives :)

"Hamsters are fat, so they have a lot of defense!"
-Quote from my sister.

She plays alot of RPGs.

"Hamsters are fat, so they have a lot of defense!"
-Quote from my sister.

She plays alot of RPGs.

Actually not really, the larger they are the easier they are to hit. Something large would have a lot of HP but a low AC.

/geekdom

There are so many Who quotes I won't bother.

Throughout high school I kept notebooks all together they were the Quote Book of Doom.... I don't know where the 'Doom' came from. But I wrote down all funny, stupid, cool, and whatnot jokes I could in there. And at the end of the year I had them photocopied and printed and gave them out to everyone for graduation as a gift. It was the life of the all night senior party. There were hundreds of quotes that I collected and the book itself was huge. I think freshman year was the biggest, being something like 250+ quotes.

Here's a few as an example.

*Class is walking to computer lab, and a couple kids are messing around*
Teacher: Stop touching each other and GET IN THERE!

*Friend walks up to group in the morning as they are hanging out outside their lockers, everyone looks at her*
Friend *looks around*: I breed row boats.

Some kid in biology: When I grow up I wanna be a fossil!

*group of people are talking and I mishear something*
Me: Wait, what?
Friend 1: I said this CD makes me want to break things.
Friend 2: Ash, what did you hear?
Me: You don't want to know.
Both:?
Me: *sigh* I heard him say it makes him want to rape things.

*random bit of conversation heard while walking with my best friend through the hallway*
Girl 1: I get a piece of him!
Girl 2: Save some for me!

*I walk in late to class and teacher is telling a story*
Teacher: Then I said, "you got had four gators in that pond, now you got three, so now you're missin' two gators".
^Yeah, I still have no idea what he was talking about.

Teacher: *asks some difficult question and no one knows* Surely? No one knows? *tsks* Sad, there is a test tomorrow, some of you will die.
Random kid in back: It's just a flesh wound.

Teacher: For example, *points to my friend and the boy across from her* say these two marry... *thinks* wait a second, she's too pretty for you. *starts scanning for better looking guy*.

Hellooooo? Eat my Tarts?!... This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.
-The Royal Tart Toter, "Adventure Time"

=D Yes!!!

[reading the inscription over the cave] The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it. The way is shut.
Legolas in The Return of the King

Gimli: I never thought I'd die fighting side-by-side with an elf.
Legolas: What about side-by-side with a friend?
Gimli: Aye... I could do that.
A short exchange from The Return of the King

Legolas is awesome!

School is awesome.

Social Studies teacher: *rambles on about Russia*
Kid in my class: Russia sucks.
SS teacher: How dare you say that! Russia has given us so many things. Communism, Chaikovsky, and Tetris! TEEEEETRIIIIIS.
Rest of class: O.o

I live in Puerto Rico, so it's translated. But funny nonetheless. XD

"To Kill" is an absolutely wonderful new part of speech.
- Someone in my Latin class (referencing an already hilarious mistake someone else had made, but I sadly don't remember how that little quote went)

This is one from school.

Teacher: Why SHOULDN'T you release a helium balloon into the air?
Some GRADE 6 in my class: *raises hand*
Teacher:Yes?
Some GRADE 6 in my class:Um, because it might fall onto someone's head and seriously injure them.
Class: *holding back laughter*
Teacher: So you're saying we shouldn't do that because it might maim someone.
Me:*hysterical laughter*
Class:*laughing*
My class was derpy. d:

My friend asked me what was wrong.
I said nothing.
But then I turned around and whispered:
"The gym leader used a full restore."

RespectTheBlade's siggy :3

FatLuxray said:
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
Ever liked that one in a Forum Game.
Luxcario said:
Just a little! I like shortage!
One of my many user titles, taken from TCoD Site Babelfish Section.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom