• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rayquaza Forum

I'm usually much harder on my criticism when there is a lot to look at, actually. I don't have much time to look thoroughly at your forums inside out to be able to pick at flaws, so that's the best I can offer right now. :/

wow i guess you probably go around saying this to all the people that are advertising.Fist of all, if you got nothing good to say, unless your trying to give advice,dont say it at all.Like jeremy said,nobody likes to hear 100% negative feedback.Second,Master_c is advertising,isnt that what this forum is about?So why start an argument saying,"Why should we care-if you havent noticed-were already members of one"?
lmao

did you join just to defend this forum

that's cute

So! It looks like you're really serious in believing in this forum, and after much thought I figured the side of me that sees the glass half-full will draw it out since it's apparently too much to take in.

I'll start with grammar. Please allow me to take the liberty of suggesting revised forum descriptions.

These are the rules,read them
"These are the rules; read them." or "These are the rules. Read them." are both much more correct ways to say that, although both sound equally as stupid. What about "The rules are located in this forum; please read them."? Sounds a bit more thought-out. Although having a forum dedicated to a single thread seems pretty stupid; why can't you just throw it elsewhere?

This forum is for important news and announcements so check for updates.
"This forum is for important news and announcements, so please check [frequently] for updates."

or

"Important news and announcements are located in this forum; please check [frequently] for updates."

If you have any questions post here.The moderators and I will try our best to answer your question.
"If you have any questions, post them here. The staff will try its best to answer yoru question(s)."

If you have any ideas or suggestions to help improve our site post here.
(this is very redundant after reading the forum description above)

redudant version:
"If you have any ideas or suggestions to help improve our forum, post here."

non-redundant version:
"Any of your ideas or suggestions for improvement may be posted here for consideration."

This forum is for any advice you have about pokemon for people to read and discuss
Having the forum labeled as "Advice" is fairly stupid; the "Discussion" part covers it all. May I suggest something along the lines of General Pokémon Discussion? And of course an appropriate forum description to match.

Challenge and battle other members here
Just needs punctuation. Also, it's "Wi-Fi", not "Wifi."

This forum is for people that are looking to trade pokemon
Slightly redudant, but fine.

"This forum is for people that are trading their Pokémon." perhaps?

This forum is for people to make tournaments and rules and number of people in it
So much unnecessary information!

"Create and participate in forum tournaments." covers it all, really; the rules and number of people part belong inside the forum.

This Forum is for serious discussion about battling.Discuss movesets, RMTs (Rate My Team), strategies and combos, and other such things.
Why do you need a forum dedicated to battling? You already have a Pokémon discussion board; your forum isn't anywhere near large enough to warrant something like this.

Regardless - "All serious discussion concerning battling - including team rating, strategies, etc. - belongs in this forum."

This forum is for polls
Yeah, thanks. The forum title told me the exact same thing!

"Create and participate in polls here."

This forum is for pokemon videos only
This has to be the most useless forum ever. It could easily be merged into the other videos forum (although having a forum for videos in the first place is ridiculous).

Read to find out how to become a gym leader
This doesn't need its own forum, either.

These are the Gym Leader rules
I guess this is fine, but... this section really needs work. Again, you're just repeating what the forum title already tells me. "All rules and regulations of individual gym leader challenges can be found here.", perhaps.

These are the elite four rules
See above. This section is baaaad. I'd suggest reorganizing it completely.

If you're new to the forums, please post here and introduce yourself.Try to keep any discussions in the General discussions though.
The second sentence is needed at all. You have the right idea with the first, though. "If you're new to the forums, please post here and introduce yourself; please leave all in-depth discussion to other forums."

This forum is for general discussions non-pokemon related.
"This forum is for non-Pokémon related general discussion."

In this forum you can post any non-pokemon related video, just try not to post alot of videos as it might make this site slow
I laughed. Hard.

See the "Pokémon Videos" forum; these two forums are just completely irrelevant and unneccessary; an Entertainment forum like the one here is probably a much nicer choice.

Post any pictures or art of your own
"All visual art may be posted here." You could change it around to include not stealing anyone else's art, but I don't like catering to shallow art thieves. Up to you, though.

Discuss any non-Pokemon Anime / Manga series in this forum.
Again, an Entertainment forum suit this better. As I said once before, your forum just isn't big enough to warrant all of these un-needed, specific boards.

Post your Friend Code, Gamer Tag or whatever else you use to get connected with here, and arrange to play games online regardless if it's on the Wii, Nintendo DS, XBox 360, PSP, or PlayStation 3.
Yet another useless forum. Why do you want something so specific? A thread would work just as well... and it would fit right in that Entertainment forum I mentioned a few times :)

also

This is an opinion which certinately isn't needed here.
Glad to see my opinion is less valid than the fanboys that joined just to defend your forum.

The best advice I can give and the one thing I can really point out is that music player whateveritis at the top of the page. A great big flash applet isn't really the first thing I'd like to see when I come to a message board. Can you find a better place to put it? Do you really need it at all? How many people on your forum use it?

Other than that, everyone else has pretty much said it all already.

AuroraKing, thanks finally for posting how to improve the forum as well as posting your ''criticism''. I'll get onto it to see that the forum descriptions are changed.

And about user 619, he is a relatively new user on our site also and actually seems to enjoy what we have to offer there.

Actually, he wouldn't say it to the advertiser of a site which he likes, I'd assume - in other words a site into which the creator has put every effort possible to make it unique. And I'm not saying that the forum being advertised here hasn't had any effort put into it.

Last edited:
I joined to support this forum.The only thing im defending it is from people like you.But seriously,do you go around saying this to all the advertisers here?....
Only if they're something I've already seen a thousand times.

Why is it that the threads that get the most replies are almost always the generic Pokemon forum ones? Well, except for the fact that the "worst" sites end up being repeatedly pushed to (and kept at) the top of the thread listing, I suppose there's nothing wrong with it

hm, as for the forum itself... looks like you're actually serious about this one, so my best advice would be to just get rid of that Dizzler thing at the top. Flash widgets foisted on visitors = not a good thing most of the time. A unique name would be nice; I imagine "Rayquaza Forum" is already used by at least a dozen other forums (example example example). A better username would be nice too, it smacks of unoriginality to just use a Pokemon name as a username (there are others, too, but they're well-known/important enough to get away with it)

You are just an undying puddle of bliss, aren't you? <3

Maybe this thread could enlighten you, especially this:
I really don't care about your forum. At all. If you hadn't noticed, I'm already on at least one. Yours is, in all likelihood, absolutely nothing special, and I have no reason to go there. In fact, I kinda resent that you are trying to direct time away from this forum so some massive group of ten people can accumulate on yours and.. do absolutely nothing they can't already do here.
Generic forums are clogging my internet; established communities are not.

Im just continuing the argument you have started.Dont get me wrong,I like doing this,and I can tell you do too.

As for your reply, your just saying what you posted in this topic in the first place,with a little more extent. Again just an opinion....

hm, as for the forum itself... looks like you're actually serious about this one, so my best advice would be to just get rid of that Dizzler thing at the top. Flash widgets foisted on visitors = not a good thing most of the time. A unique name would be nice; I imagine "Rayquaza Forum" is already used by at least a dozen other forums (example example example). A better username would be nice too, it smacks of unoriginality to just use a Pokemon name as a username (there are others, too, but they're well-known/important enough to get away with it)

First of all, alot of poeple actually like a flash widget on wich you can hear your fav music,watch videos from youtube, and play games all in one. In my opinion, Its not really that bad, is it?

Second, I guess our forum is the most popular "Rayquaza Forum" out there.....at least more than your examples.....

Third, for an admin, using a pokemon name as a username is original, especially if its the pokemon on wich the forum is about. Last time I checked, this forum's admin's username is "Butterfree"....

Third, for an admin, using a pokemon name as a username is original, especially if its the pokemon on wich the forum is about. Last time I checked, this forum's admin's username is "Butterfree"....

You admit it's a copy. Not original.

holy shit if you're down to criticising eir username (seriously. let em have what username they want) you have really run out of things to say.

Back
Top Bottom