• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rayquaza Forum

master_c

The forum website is http://rayquaza.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Unlike many other pokemon forums, we have gym leaders and elite 4, hold regular tournaments, offer an EV training service and have a great community which gets along and is always willing to help with pokemon or item trades.

We have almost 150 members on the site which has been up and running for around 4 months but now we're trying to expand a little more so that we can have more frequent tournaments and perhaps fill our 2 vacant gym leader spots and elite 4 place.

So whether its battling, tournaments, trades, items or EV training you're after, register now! Advice welcomed also.

:grin: Wow this site is amazing!!I joined it and its fantastic!!theres alot of people you can battle or trade with or just simply chat on the CB.I recommend you join you will like it there.

Are you talking about THAT site?! That site is awesssooommmmeee! I mean it! I love the battling and trading and...Well, everything! That place is the bomb, dude! It's wicked awesome!

I saw the title and thought ":D Forum about MEEE?"
But sadly I am mistaken.
Oh well it's still cool. :)

*Headdesk*

Jeremy, that's what this board is for - critiquing and commenting on advertised sites.

Fine. I'm sorry. I am what some of you people may call...A "noob". And besides, it's just me. Even if it's not my website...I still hate being critiqued. I can't help it. Please accept my apology.

Apology accepted. We were all new at some point. But it does quite clearly say 'Link to your website or forums here and get feedback, attention and criticism.'

It looks tacky in my opinion. Green font on a green background = oh god i cant see

From what I see, there isn't a website to go with the forums. I'm afraid your forum isn't going to expand much without one. Stand alone forums usually die off anyways.

Thanks for the advice there, we're currently working on a way in which our members can choose out of 3 backgrounds/styles (much like this site). Many of our members like our green font on green background as green is the colour scheme at the moment.

I'm not after the forum to expand to extravagant lengths, I'm only after enough new members that we can have more frequent tournaments etc, fill our spare elite 4 and gym leader places and not too many members that theres no longer a small enough community where everyone gets along and knows each other. As for the forum dying, we have been expanding so far for about 4 months now so I can't see it dying off.

Is there a reason we should care about your Pokémon forum when - if you haven't noticed - we're already members of at least one?

Is there a reason we should care about your Pokémon forum when - if you haven't noticed - we're already members of at least one?

Yes, beacuse - if you haven't noticed - I posted many features which Rayquaza Forum holds which many pokemon forums do not.

we have gym leaders and elite 4, hold regular tournaments
this is definitely not original or uncommon; this very forum has the same thing

offer an EV training service
this is unique I guess

and have a great community which gets along and is always willing to help with pokemon or item trades.
eh

not to mention the design is unappealing (read: ugly), your grammar (or whoever wrote the majority of forum descriptions) is atrocious, and standalone forums with nothing new to bring to the table are uninteresting

Never underestimate a community where everyone gets along. Its a great feature that is under-rated. No matter what time of day I go onto the site, I find a group of members online at the same time, that I know well, that I can talk to and get along with. When forums get too big, they lose their community.

Also, we now post some regular pokemon updates, post pokemon tutorial videos/strategies, help people with their teams (and there's another thing - having someone you know well and respect as a battler help you with your pokemon/movesets - something you only get with a community thats small enough to get along and where everyone knows everyone else).

I'd also like to receive advice/criticism, not just your opinion...

The text on the banner is a bit too plain. The banner doesn't really go with the forum theme. The entire theme looks sorta out of place on the top part, and the forum listing is pretty OK.

I can't put my finger on it, though your theme is just lacking something to make it feel natural.

The text on the banner is a bit too plain. The banner doesn't really go with the forum theme. The entire theme looks sorta out of place on the top part, and the forum listing is pretty OK.

I can't put my finger on it, though your theme is just lacking something to make it feel natural.

Well that's about the friendliest criticism I have heard yet. As for others, pointing out the pros and cons of the site is part of criticism, no? So why don't you share the pros. Nobody likes to hear 100% negative feedback. :unsure:

Well that's about the friendliest criticism I have heard yet. As for others, pointing out the pros and cons of the site is part of criticism, no? So why don't you share the pros. Nobody likes to hear 100% negative feedback. :unsure:
Because there is absolutely nothing positive for me to say about this forum.

I'd also like to receive advice/criticism, not just your opinion...
What?

You've got a good basis, you've just got a lot of cleanup work to do in terms of presentation. Grammar, style, imagery, etc. are what people notice first and can easily turn people away before they even start to browse a forum. How you present yourself is also key.

wow i guess you probably go around saying this to all the people that are advertising.Fist of all, if you got nothing good to say, unless your trying to give advice,dont say it at all.Like jeremy said,nobody likes to hear 100% negative feedback.Second,Master_c is advertising,isnt that what this forum is about?So why start an argument saying,"Why should we care-if you havent noticed-were already members of one"?

I don't know. Maybe because the argument got the members here.

Nice tactic, Aurora. I would of never thought of it.

By the way, criticism always has opinions. Otherwise, it'd just be a listing of facts.

Because there is absolutely nothing positive for me to say about this forum.

This is an opinion which certinately isn't needed here. How can that line be interpreted as advice/criticism which can be worked upon to improve the site I'm advertising?

not to mention the design is unappealing (read: ugly)

This is another example of an opinion... rather than just saying its ''unappealing'', why don't you actually expand on that and say how the design could be improved? You know, like give advice...

Back
Top Bottom