• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Relic of the Lost God

Sylph

Take me to Wonderland

The sun starts to peek over the horizon, bringing the calm sea waters to live with its powerful glow. In the distance a circle of fins slice through the water as a pack of Sharpedo hunt down their morning meal. As the sun's glowing grasp spreads over the water, it wraps its warmth around the vast ship docked at the port of a fishing town. Standing at the bow of the deck, facing the sun, a tall willow figure watches the sun rise with arms folded and hair tucked into the collar of their coat.

"Captain, the new crew is making their way here. Any thoughts on what we should do with these greenhorns?"

The figure turns their head and acknowledge the the figure to their right. They remain silent as they turn and stroll to the wheel of the ship, resting their hands on it as they continued their thoughts.

"...They will learn on the seas, Mr. Greed. We don't have time to waste with Gate's Truth sailing toward the treasure. See to it they find a place to be of use to us, I'll be needing to speak with my pokemon to see what plot we should sail for first."

Nodding to his captain, Greed walked down the stairs to the stern of the ship, overlooking the land and village of the port they rested at. The Captain pushes back from the wheel, walking to her quarters and glancing at the room around her.

"Sedna, Budi. What do you have for me today."

Two figure shift in the dark, one walking toward the Captain while the other flutters over and lands on their head. With a chuckle, they leave the Quarters and look out over the deck of the ship. Looking up to the crow's nest, the Captain callas up to the one that sleeps in that secluded place.

"Mr. Halan! Care to join us or would you prefer to stay up there forever!"

Answered with a growl, a third figure jumps from the nest and lands next to the group. Folding his arms, he looks to the village ahead and glares. The Captain shakes their head and pats the pokemon's back before leaning on the railing.

"Of all the Lucario I've seen, you are by far the most...unique. How you evolved, I'll never know...but at least you get along with my Golduck and Butterfree"

Halan rolls his eyes and leans against the rail,watching the village in silence. The Captain chuckles again and pets Budi's wings, turning to Sedna with a slight smirk.

"See what waters we should set out for. Budi, check the winds. As for you Mr. Halan, I need a scan of the surrounding area for any hostiles that may try to slow us down. We have a new crew and we should try to keep them alive long enough for the curse to leech on."

Halan shrugs, turning his head and looking the Captain over. With a slight glint in his eye, he smirks as he moves from the rail and leans to the Captain's ear. Shaking their head, the Captain smirks along with him, nodding in agreement.

"Aye, that will surprise them. Lets see what happens next."

Last edited:
Jack Geyser strolled onto the dock, arms raised and hands clasped behind his head. On his head, a little pink mime pokémon did the same, her hat-like scalp tied at the end with a little golden jingle bell. The sound of the thing was near-constant, and could probably annoy someone to no end if the mime hadn't learned long ago to keep her body movements steady when she wanted. Also, the psychic powers kind of helped.

A ghost ship with (a) ghost captain(s). High adventure, Salt water. It was going to be great. He would finally get to–

tug, tug, tug

June was pulling his hair again. Jack absentmindedly pulled a pecha berry out of his bag and tossed it upwards. Despite having had June around for nearly two years now, he still half-expected for the fruit to just fall back into his hand; however, a whistley humming noise issued from above him and the pecha berry glowed its way to the mime junior's mouth.

He saw the captain now. And a guy, too, and some bipedal dog. He felt an odd force on his mind, like that of June's psychic powers, but somehow less pink. It was odd but subtle, and he might not have noticed it if he hadn't been traveling with his little psychic clown for a while.

Jack waved at the boat.

In a dead-end alley just a block or two inland, Xhan Northcut stared at the brick wall before him, glancing over his shoulder at the two men behind him. One of them held a tire iron in his hand, and laughed sadistically. The thought crossed Xhan's mind that perhaps it was a bad idea to pester these fine gentlemen. All sarcasm aside, it was clear that the bald one with the tire iron was in charge, while the slightly smaller one seemed to be incapable of independent thought.

"Oh, look. A rat in a trap. Where you gonna' run now, boy?" The bald one laughed again.

"Yeah, but there's no cheese! Hehe, no cheese!... No... Cheese..." He got a cold stare from his boss that read, 'shut up, you've taken it too far.' "... Sorry."

"Oh, look." Xhan mused. "A bear with pants-AH!" Xhan ducked just below the tire iron, and he could feel it brush his hair. He quickly pivoted around the bald one before he could swing again, throwing his knee between the lackey's legs on his way out of the alley. While the lackey writhed on the ground, clutching his sensitivities, the boss took after Xhan.

Xhan looked over his shoulder. The man was closing the distance between them, and fast. But he was almost to the docks, almost to that ship he had been thinking about. He rounded a corner, the bald man still just behind him. He could see the ship, or what he figured was probably the ship. It certainly stood out the most. He ran forward, dodging around a man with a Mime Jr. on his head, and immediately jumped into the water by the ship. Screw staying up there. That moron was gonna' kill me... Then again, did he even come near this boat? Xhan surfaced, searching for the man. He didn't see him, but he didn't actually get out of the water, to be safe.

~Derrik

Derrik hummed absent-mindedly to himselfnas he put away the belongings he wouldn't bring. His small boat was nothing to the one he now had a chance to sail upon, and he couldn't bring everything, so best to ensure everythings locked away from others. Soon after he emerged from the lower deck of his ship, noting his closest friend standing there, observing something going on. Apparently Xhan had picked a fight with the wrong people, and was now making a break for it. The bald man behind him seemed to have violence in his eyes as they ran by, and Derrik nodded to Marty to help. Marty took off after the bald man, his four arms pumping as he he paced himself to catch up. Derrik followed at a calm walk watching Marty as he went. Marty knew well enough not to harm anyone unless he was mortally threatened himself, a situation only brought along by pistols and swords. Derrik noted it when Xhan leapt off the dock in attempt to escape his pursuer, and Marty managed to grab the brute before he could start searching for Xhan.

"So, uh, was the problem friend, Xhan rub you the wrong way or something?" Derrik asked as Marty effortlessly held the brute of a man up to Derrik. "Hey Xhan, can you hear me? You can up now, Marty's got him, it's fine."

"...Captain, some kid just jumped into the water. What do you suggest we do."

The Captain looks to their first mate, amused by the thought that a crew member jumped ship before even getting on it. Shaking their head, they join Greed and look over the side of the boat at the swimming guppy below. With a glance to Halan, the Lucario moved other to the two humans and looked over the rail as well. Rolling his eyes he lifts a hand, a pale blue energy glowing around him as he starts to lift the soaking sap out of the water with his own psychic ability. With a flick of his wrist, he drops the boy on the deck and turns away from him in favour of sitting on a crate and glaring over the side of the boat again.

"Don't mind Mr. Halan there, Guppy. He's just a little grumpy around humans and landlubbers like yourself. Now I should introduce myself and my First Mate here. This here is Greed, he will be the one to show you and the other new crew what to do."

The Captain then smiled and walked over to the wet mess of a lad, looking him over with a glint in their eye. They reach out a hand and catch Xhan's chin, lifting it up until their eyes met.

"I am Ming Tora. Your new Captain. Welcome to the crew, Guppy."

With a sharp laugh, she drop his chin and walk to the gang plank to peer at the other members that appeared. With a slight frown at the small number, she walks down the plank and stands before them on the dock, folding her arms.

"This be all the ones interested? Tis a shame when the promise of adventure only draws in these few of people. But I need the crew and you answered. Welcome to St.Virtue, I suggest you load your gear up and listen well to my First mate's instructions on where you all will be sleeping on this trip."

"Ha, yeah. I believe you." Xhan spoke sarcastically to the one with the Machamp. How does he know my name? Did I bugger him recently and just forget? Or am I just really bad at keeping track of friends? Naw, I'd remember this guy-Ah! Xhan was lifted out of the water by something, though he wasn't entirely sure what.

"Ah! Oi! Put me down you- Oh, there we go." Happy to have his feet on land once more, he straightened his goggles, and his chin was tugged up to look at a strange woman.
... Landlubbers? Haven't heard that one since I was five. She said her piece, then let him go, telling them to get onto the boat and load up. Xhan bit the inside of his cheek. ... Guppy? I swear to god, if that sticks as a nickname, I'm going to smash her head on the steering wheel. "My name isn't Guppy." Xhan grumbled as he followed the woman onto the ship. He pulled his scarf off and began wringing it out. "It's Xhan. So how does this work? Do I sleep in a hammock, or am I floorin' it this whole trip?"

~Derrik

Derrik sighed slightly at the sarcastic response, but then again it seemed as though Xhan was being wary of him, not a surprise, as Xhan didn't know him, yet. Derrik felt it best to keep up to date with who most people in the town were, or namely, people with less than normal activities, such as Xhan. Derrik watched as Xhan was hauled onto the deck of the ship by a blue energy. Looking to Marty, who was still holding the brute, Derrik grins and says,

"Marty, let our friend here have a bath, he stinks." With that the brute is promptly dropped off the dock into the cold water. Derrik smiles, and leads his friend to the meeting point on the dock, where the captain was addressing the crew, or hopeful crew, and not a large lot it was either. Derrik looked across the sailing ship that sat in the water before them. It was well built, but clearly showed the signs of years of use, much further than that of even Derrik's small boat. It's broad sails were rolled up, and it's masts castes a long shadow across the docks. Derrik smiled again, knowing that his dreams were about to become true, he'd be a member of a pirate crew.

Jack looked about. The captain was correct, obviously; there were barely any people here, even counting Sir I'll-just-knock-into-you-as-I-jump-into-the-sea. (Also known as Mr. I'll-lead-a-scoundrel-right-towards-you and Lord of The Inexplicable Goggles and Scarves.) A rather piratey sort of guy accompanied by a machamp seemed to have handled things nicely, dropping the thug into the ocean over there. He apparently knew the guy who had ran past him. Or he didn't? Mixed signals there.

June leaped from his head, landing on the ground with a jangle. She pranced her way towards the machamp, who was at the end of the dock-area, and immediately began copying him (her? it was difficult to tell with humanoid pokémon). At first, it was all muscle-pumping and showing off, but she soon just began doing everything exactly as he did. It would be unsettling if it wasn't so adorable.

"Sorry about that," he shouted, more to the machamp than his(?) trainer. He was used to June's antics, but some pokémon found it irritating or, occasionally, insulting. Not that June wasn't probably a match for the average creature, but even with a type advantage here it was a baby versus a hugely powerful pokémon that was hard to evolve.

It probably wouldn't come to that, though!

~Derrik

Derrik noticed the little mime pokemon had made its way over and was immitating Marty. Derrik chuckled slightly as Marty grew frustrated with the little ones immitation. Quite soon the owner of the Mime Jr. apologised to Marty regarding the little one.

"Oh, don't worry 'bout it, Marty here is gentle as can be, at least so long as he isn't physically provoked. That, or insulted, but don't worry, he truly finds it amusing, even if he isn't showing it in an evident way." Derrik grinned slightly as he continued watching Marty attempt to pose in ways the mime couldn't, mainly by exploiting his ability to have four arms rather than two. Derrik found it comforting that the Mime's owner was a new member of the crew that Derrik was joining, thus ensuring a larger, if not still skeltal presense on board the ship.

Jack chuckled. This was interesting; June had never had to contend with a subject with six limbs before. She seemed to be doing rather well, considering, contorting herself wildly and making little pink arms out of her barriers and psychic energy. She was having even more trouble, though, controlling her fake arms in tandem. It was just hilarious to watch for Jack, who knew only too well that June was hardly ever confronted with such a confounding conundrum.

Walking quickly forward, Jack reached over and grabbed June by her 'hat', lifting her up and back onto his head. He knew from experience and the waves of frustration rolling off of her that she was pouting like a human toddler. Again.

"Nice to meet you two, anyway," he said, pulling his pack a bit higher. He nodded at the guy and his fighting-type. "And, if you'd allow me the honor of going first..?"

With that, he turned around and stepped up onto the ship, and soon arrived somewhere in the vicinity of the captain and Mr. Waterlogged.

"Hello, I'm Jack Stephen Geyser, and I'm happy to find that this ship doesn't yell 'Boo!' at you whenever you first get on," he paused for breath, extending a hand. "... and it's nice to meet you, m'am."

Ming takes his hand and gives it a firm shake, a slight smirk on her face by his comment. She glances to her First mate, who was hiding his smile behind his hand. Shaking her head a bit, she turns back to Jack. "She doesn't yell boo, my boy. My good ship likes to mess with people in other ways...but you'll all see what I mean by that soon enough."

She releases his hand and folds her arms behind her back, the rising sun highlighting her head of braids tied back in a pony. "This will be a long trip, and I warn you know that it will not be easy. you'll be facing things that are only told about in stories, so you best be ready to fight". With a tilt of her head, she peers over to the dock where the other member stood, a slight frown on her face. "I really hoped there would be more...but if this is all that would come, then I can't complain."

She turns on her heel and heads up the stairs to the wheel, facing the ocean with her back to the dock. Searching the seas ahead, she watches as the circle of Sharpedo slip under the waves and their shapes draw closer. With a glance to the waters of the dock, she noted the man earlier struggling to get out of the water. "...Halan, if you'd please."

With a roll from the Lucario's eyes, he lifted the man from the water with the same method as the boy and dropped him on a heap of ropes near the dock. With a sigh, he walks to the gang ropes and starts to climb back up to the Crow's nest where he won't have to deal with other people. Shaking her head, Ming watches the pokemon climb back to his hiding place.

Well that went well, Jack thought, putting his hand back down by his side. The captain seemed nice enough for someone who should be worm excrement by now, although her comment about the ship was unsettling; he found himself glancing down the the boards at his feet when the weight on his head suddenly disappeared.

As soon as the bipedal dog began lifting the brute out of the water, June had taken interest. He was one of the punchers, like the four-armed one; he shouldn't be able to do that! She had to get a closer look. She leaped nimbly from her trainer's head, holding the bell on her hat still with her mind. She slipped into step behind the lucario, her steps matching its perfectly. She was stumped, though, by the crow's nest. She couldn't climb and it was too far to float or teleport for her. She imitated his earlier sigh and jangled her way back to Jack huffily.

Xhan watched the brief exchange between pretty-boy and the captain with mild bitterness. He already didn't care much for pretty-boy, or Jack, as he called himself. He was too courteous and too... Actually, Xhan couldn't really bash him for anything other than being a goody-two-shoes, except that he was about to embark on being a pirate, so that insult was thrown out the window. I have found myself a true challenge worthy of my skills, I suppose.

He looked at the floor of the deck. "Waitwait, are you trying to say this ship has a mind of its own? That's friggin' awesome!" He kicked at the floorboards, amused by the thought it might suddenly flip over to try and throw him off. That'd be hilarious. He smiled stupidly to himself. "So, pretty bo-er-Jack." Xhan turned his attention to his newfound companion. "What were you hoping to provide the other crew members? I mean, are you a navigator or something? I'm not exactly the most helpful person to have around, sure, but I'm curious as to what you're 'bringing to the table,' so to speak." Xhan felt his left eye twitch involuntarily. He figured it'd be a nice touch to the question, so didn't make an effort to stop it. What are your flaws, pretty-boy?

"Wait! Hey, wait!"

Nathaniel slid to a stop at the side of the ship, breathing heavily and practically bent double. When he could finally straighten up again he did so, pushing his glasses further up his nose with one hand and using the other to reposition his bag. The bag meowed quietly, a pair of bright eyes staring out from within.

"I hear you were looking for crew members. I'm... I'm not too late, am I?" he asked, looking towards the people already aboard the ship, though moreso towards the woman standing by the wheel. A few strands of hair slid loose from their ponytail, and he blew them out of his eyes.

After glancing down at the bespectacled newcomer for half of a second, Jack returned his attention to Goggles Guy. He was shortish, perhaps a bit younger than Jack himself was, but his legs were oddly long. The guy had just kicked the ship, which was not only odd but stupid to do in front of the captain, who as far as anyone knew could spin her head around backwards and/or walk through walls.

"Well, I can cook. I know what's edible and what isn't, I know about plants and what they do. I know a lot about pokémon, I guess, and I can identify money from basically anywhere. A whole bunch of that stuff might not come up much, but who knows with a ghost ship and a bunch of pirates?"

Greed leans over the rail and smiles down at the newcomer, amused again by the the fact this one seemed to have ran the entire way to the ship without having some brute on his tail at the time. He pushes off of the rail and waves to the new man to come abroad. "You aren't too late to join there, Lad. We are still making sure all the parts of the ship is ready for the voyage. Join the group here and I'll tell you all what it is you 'll be doing."

With that, he turns to the one called Jack and chuckled under his breath. "A cook are you? That should be useful. Why don't I station you there for the trip, as to make sure you don't become too bored with the voyage. As for you, Guppy...yes, i think I have a chore for you."

Greed smirks and walks to the other end of the ship, entering a room and started to rummage around until he found what he needed. With a light laugh, he returns with a bucket and mop. Placing the bucket of water on the deck, he slides it over to Xhan with his foot, pressing the mop to the boy's chest. "You'll be the Cabin boy, swabbie. Hope you are not too bad at this or the Captain may have to figure a place for you."

Seriously? Xhan wondered just what he could bugger this man with. He wasn't even the kind of talented person that was ugly. He was a golden boy, by all accounts thus far... Actually, he could very well be a slimeball who just makes good first impressions. He had to hope for that. Otherwise he'd have to resort to the primitive annoyance technique of incessantly poking him in the ribs until his temper flared. Ugh, talk about regression.

"You'll be the Cabin boy, swabbie. Hope you are not too bad at this or the Captain may have to figure a place for you." Xhan held the mop, staring at the tool for a few moments before suddenly flaring up at this 'Greed' person.

"You've gotta' be kidding me! I'm supposed to be some sort of... Housewife... Maid... Thing?! T-this is ridiculous! Don't you have some poor sap that's too scared to refuse this sort of thing? You know, a hostage or just a kid that was a stowaway?" Xhan knew he didn't have the most diverse skill set, but to lower him to this degree... Whatever happened to pirates being filthy? And really, with this whole 'Guppy' thing, I mean... That can't possibly stick, can it? Guppy... That's just ridiculous. How Pirate-y is freakin' Guppy? Xhan made a promise to himself that he'd eventually pummel one of these Pirates. Greed would certainly be the most fun.

Last edited:
Nathaniel gave a nervous laugh and stepped on-board the ship, nervously rubbing the back of his neck before realising he hadn't actually introduced himself yet.

"My name's Nathaniel, by the way. Nathaniel Archer," he said quickly before adding, "I don't mind if you call me a nickname, or just call me by my surname or something." He opened the top of his satchel and a small Meowth leapt out, sitting by his feet.

He ignored Xhan's little outburst, instead choosing to re-tie his hair and smooth out his clothes a little bit. "I must have looked a mess running down to the docks," he mumbled under his breath. He was beginning to regret not having anything stronger than a knife on him. Pirates had swords, not boot-knives.

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late and I'm being redundant, not the best start to the day imaginable..."

Shane sprinted through the streets, legs pumping. There was a serious chance that the ship had already left, or was close to leaving, so though he wasn't exactly used to running and his lungs were aching because of it, he kept going as fast as he could. This was a market street, so it was crammed with people and with stalls that he had a habit of smashing into. Not two minutes ago had he destroyed a grocers cart, and had the man chase him quite a ways. He didn't imagine the thieves had been kind enough to spare the fruit from their pockets. He had probably seriously ruined that guy's day. But if I don't get there in time, I'll be ruined for a considerably larger timeframe... For if he didn't get this job, he would have to sign up as an Apprentice Carpenter to his father. He already was in all but name, for his father had decided many years ago to teach him he tricks of the trade before the age of apprenticeship. It was not a line of work that he enjoyed, but at least it had given him a skill to bring to the group. And it was over now, anyhow, he wouldn't have to put up with his Dad anymore, or this town. He could be free now, sail anywhere, go anywhere, do anything. The world had opened up to him. Unless he arrived shortly, it would cruelly shut itself just as easily.

Shane vaulted over a jeweler's stand, miraculously leaving it undamaged, but some people were impossible to please, and the jeweler in question screamed at him as he shot past. The dock was close, very close, and his eyes soon found the ship, it was that distinctive. He was running too fast, he couldn't see if it was moving or not, but it was probably close enough to signal back. Suddenly something glittered in the sun. He saw his Jellicent, Madeline, was carrying along a golden amulet as she floated sublimely along, probably procured from that jeweler. He would have scolded her, but to be honest it was a nice amulet and he didn't have the breath. He took it from her and stuffed it into his pocket, quite a feat for the speed he was running, and headed for the ship. He was a hundred yards away, ninety, eighty, he smashed into the hulking frame of somebody it was probably best to run from, seventy, sixty, fifty, he narrowly avoided sending a wealthy-looking woman careering into a fish stand, forty, thirty, he narrowly avoided careering into another fish stand himself, twenty, ten, five,

He leaped onto the ship with a great sense of triumph. The Captain was easy to spot, the only woman on the ship. He walked to her briskly, and extended a hand. "Hello, my name is Shane, and it is a pleasure to join you crew, Captain, if you'll still have me for all I am late".

Jack was getting, in his opinion, a little too much enjoyment out of having shut the younger man up. The guy seemed to be an ass and Jack didn't like him, although June seem4ed to think he was funny, if he could feel her right. He should have expected as much. As the kid, 'Guppy' (?), was handed the mop and bucket, Jack could feel the little mime on top of his head copying the boy's body language, shaking with rage and probably scowling.

He was to be a cook, eh? Hmm. There were only so many ways too cook seaweed and fish, but he would have to make due.

The ponytailed young man had come onto the ship while Jack was thinking, and so had a guy named Shane. Well, at least there would be company.

Back
Top Bottom