• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rise of the OCs [INNOCENT WIN]

Re: Rise of the OCs

D: Well, that doesn't tell us much. Flora was the first to get on werefish's case, so maybe the mafia is inexperienced? Or maybe it's a coincidence?

And uh I guess I look suspicious because I thought werefish5 might have been innocent and stuff. I honestly thought that she might be kinda newbie-ish or something. There's nothing I can really do about that, but I figured I'd address it before someone else tried to use it against me.

D: Well, that doesn't tell us much. Flora was the first to get on werefish's case, so maybe the mafia is inexperienced? Or maybe it's a coincidence?

That's exactly what I was thinking, I mean when the night phase started (after I learned werefish5 was mafia) I thought that the first person the mafia would think to lynch if they were inexperienced would be Flora, and it's freaking me put that it actually happened.

If it was a coincidence it's a pretty good one but I'm willing to bet it's not. If the other mafia member posted they would have probably stuck up for werefish5, or posted before everyone casted votes for her.

If they didn't post they would have had to view the thread and see Flora's post, but everyone in the game has viewed the thread already so this doesn't help that much.

Again, this is assuming my theory is correct and the mafia lynched Flora because she was the first to suspect werefish5. It is also assuming that the remaining mafia is inexperienced, so I may be wrong but it is something to consider since we can't just expect the remaining mafia member to show up and act suspicious like werefish5.

EDIT: I am confused; Kammington posted and cast a vote when he is not in the game. I have no idea why. It was probably a mistake...

Last edited:

A sound rings through the dungeon, sounding like someone clearing their throat.

"...Umm...well, seems not even the DM is perfect. I seem to have over-looked the lover trip there. Sorry. It's been fixed..."

OHAY THEY WERE LOVERS.

Uh...that doesn't help much, but it's something.

Okay, what we know so far is that Blazie, RTB, and DoF are not Mafia. Other than that, no leads.

Are you claiming to be Kammu (Detective)? Otherwise, how would you know? I mean, you're obviously right about Respect the Blade, because he's dead and was said to be not Mafia, but that's not particularly helpful. (Admittedly, you posted before the GM update, so that may be more helpful than what initially appears.) In any case, hope you have a healer on you (and only one, because healer clashes are bad).

Back to who to lynch. Time for odds. Since we know one mafia was killed, it leaves us with 2/9 chance to lynch Mafia. Since there's been a death both nights, we can assume (hope?) Kit hasn't been activated (although there's always a possibility of healer clash killing someone, and Mafia getting Kit), and have a 1/9 chance of getting them. Due to the nature of the deaths, Tem and Tsuki are all still alive, giving a 2/9 chance of hitting them (and then another death in the night from revenge). This leaves us with a 4/9 chance of everyone else, which could include Kammu, Ryan, and Ray (who we really don't want dead), Ryo and Angel (who's roles confuse me a bit, as one is only activated in the case of the day lynching and the other seems like it makes them unkillable), and Tik (who might be a good choice or a bad choice).

Long story short: Assuming no activation and an innocent Tik, there are 3/9 alive that would be a great lynch, 2/9 that would lead to another death (with 3/8 chances of Mafia death then), and 4/9 that would be a bad/terrible lynch (depending on their role). Assuming the truth of what rock-ground said, the odds improve to 3/8, 2/8, and 3/8, respectively. Zora of Termina, Brock, and Worst Username Ever have all not posted, although they've viewed the thread. It's the best I've got, really. Thoughts?

There are actually 3 roles that lead to another death; Tem, Tsuki and Ryo, who drags down people the moment he's lynched. The problem with lynching Ryo is that he chooses at night who to take down, so if something happens in the day I don't think he can change his target if he chose a doctor or something. But I suppose for that reason he does belong in the "bad lynch" category.

rock-ground confuses me. He can't be wholly correct unless he's lucky, because an inspector can't inspect three people in two nights. Perhaps he inspected the other two and decided I was innocent based on the whole werefish5-was-mafia thing? I kind of want him to explain so we don't start assuming that he's Kammu.

For now we don't have leads, so maybe asking rock-ground more will get us some?

Or rock-ground made a mistake, and claimed three were in the clear over two nights, because they are only pretending to be Kammu. An honest mistake, or a clumsy false claim?

As for the Ryo thing, due to the description, I can't tell if they get a free kill only if they're lynched or in any event that leads to their death. If their ability only takes effect during a lynch, they may have been killed at night already, or they could be part of the lynched-then-another-death group.

Anyway, yeah, rock-ground should speak up when he's on again.

Oh crap I never posted?

I thought I did!

So yeah. Sorry about that. My Firewall went down last week and my internet has been almost 100% lost. So yeah... sorry about that. Trying to fix it.

I have no idea on a lynch either.

Back to my corner now.

There are actually 3 roles that lead to another death; Tem, Tsuki and Ryo, who drags down people the moment he's lynched. The problem with lynching Ryo is that he chooses at night who to take down, so if something happens in the day I don't think he can change his target if he chose a doctor or something. But I suppose for that reason he does belong in the "bad lynch" category.

rock-ground confuses me. He can't be wholly correct unless he's lucky, because an inspector can't inspect three people in two nights. Perhaps he inspected the other two and decided I was innocent based on the whole werefish5-was-mafia thing? I kind of want him to explain so we don't start assuming that he's Kammu.

For now we don't have leads, so maybe asking rock-ground more will get us some?

I am not Kammu. This is just logic - why would they second the nomination of a mafia member if they themselves were mafia?

I guess, but they could always be mafia voting so they don't look suspicious. It's been done. I've even seen mafia target one of their own. Just because it's unlikely doesn't mean we can rule it out, and just because it's your logic does not mean that everyone else has the same logic.

I guess, but they could always be mafia voting so they don't look suspicious. It's been done. I've even seen mafia target one of their own. Just because it's unlikely doesn't mean we can rule it out, and just because it's your logic does not mean that everyone else has the same logic.

Yeah because they did it to me once. *evil Glare* jk.

Not solid proof.

I am not Kammu. This is just logic - why would they second the nomination of a mafia member if they themselves were mafia?

And if we expand that reasoning, everyone that voted for them could be considered innocent, right? (I mean, that'd be nice and convenient if we could assume that...)

Well, nothing seems unduly suspicious at the moment, although Worst Username Ever is rather...bandwagon-like about being indecisive. Since Zora has not posted, they might be better to take out, as not posting is rather indicative of not caring. Unless someone has a better idea, I'm officially voting for Zora of Termina.

Yeah because they did it to me once. *evil Glare* jk.
Haha SORRY BROCK. =)

Yeah, the Zora thing is odd, but she hasn't even VIEWED the thread the day phase first began. I dunno, it seems like she's forgotten or something. But the problem with TCoD bandwagons is that it takes something crazy to stop them, like a roleclaim or something. And if Zora is not on she cannot roleclaim...

Uh yeah ramble over. Unless someone has something against this, looks like Zora's going, so I'll vote Zora of Termina.

Hmm. Now this presents an interesting Conundrum.

Vote? and be considered suspicious for bandwagoning?

Or not, and be considered suspicious for not voting.

The human mind is a giant puzzle.

I guess Zora. Sorry Zora.

As much as I hate to vote for someone who hasn't even stuck up for themselves, I am suspicious of people who have not posted yet so I vote Zora of Termina.

The time came for the votes to be cast. One by one they turned their gaze to Zora, stepping closer and closer as she backs away and tossing out swears. Her back hits the wall and she lets out a shriek for them to stop and re-think. Suddenly, another light appears like before. The portal opens and this time a large blond dog steps through. He wears a metal collar with red stones set in them, pale blue eyes, and has a few silvers hairs in his coat. He walks calmly over to Zora and pulls her her pant leg with his teeth, leading her to the portal. He sits and waits for her to step through the portal, glancing over his shoulder at the others.

"Foolish mortals. Vait until vorse things happen" The dog muttered, before leaping onto Zora and sinking his fangs into his throat to release her from her role. He drags her body further into the portal.

Zora is Dead. She was Innocent.
24 hours to send Night actions in.

Back
Top Bottom