• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rival Names

Red: Thomas (boy at school I don't like)
I can never remember my GSC rivals... so in HGSS he's gonna be Silver, because I'm lazy like that.
Pearl: Vespe (this guy from AMEN who's as crazy as the rival)
Platinum: Matthew, but I want to rename him Sam...

I give my rivals reasnoble names, but I just call my heroes whatever I can think of at the time:

Red: Auri (Yeah, I dunno)
HGSS: Will be either Ai or Cyrstal (inside joke)
Sapphire: Zac (I never intend to finish that game, then it becoems my best save file ever!)/Bianca (Bianca from PKMN Heroes)
Pearl: Alanta (I was almost named "Alanta Martin", so I went with this)
Platinum: Coyote (Coyote from Gunnerkrigg Court)

If he's wearing blue, he's Blue. If not, he's Silver. Sometimes I come up with other brief names, but most not exceeding four letters.

In Red and Blue (maybe Yellow) there's a person in victory road who says "-rival's name- just came through here" or something like that so now I call him "A MEW".

...I felt so frustated about the Diamond rival that I named him "Ur' Mom". Childish, I know. ;D

Sometimes I've named him "Gay" or something else, so I wouldn't feel as frustated when I lost to him.

How is homosexuality an insult? (to be on topic, though, my diamond rival is named Timmy. I really don't know why.)

Well, it isn't. :P
In our school people just loved to call each other gays when they were particularly angry. Guess it just stuck.

One of my friends named his Yellow rival jackass. It always made me laugh when he fought his rival.

In Red: Noe (A kid from school who is a rude douchebag), Sasuke (they both have a major superiority complex)
Gold: Alastor, Dante
Crystal: Alastor again.
LeafGreen: Noe, Malfoy (named my self Harry)
Diamond: DERP, Balls (My Balls went off like a rocket!)
Platinum: Axel (I'm Roxas)
HG/SS: Alastor again, or Vader (I will name myself Luke)

Uh... usually I give them a different name, but in LeafGreen I always call the rival "Matt", because he looks creepily like the Digimon character. And not like Gary at all. XD

Oh, and on my recent Silver game, I called my rival Thames because I should have been doing a Geography presentation on rivers. This is how I solve guilt. :D

RBY - Gary
GSC - ??? (I actually thought that was his real name!)
RSE - 8==D
DPPt - Retard
HGSS - Rival

I named mine 'Taylor' in SS, after Taylor Lancaster (OC from 'The Quest for the Legends'), the red head cheatin' bastard.

Back
Top Bottom