• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

'Shipping Fan Club~

Aww, it's so sad (for me, at least) when you're watching a show/film and see a really obvious pairing and as soon as you're done, you rush to the computer to read all the realms of fanfiction people must have written... and there's nothing. It's crushing, I tell you.

The best way to avoid this (and I'm going to demonstrate here a) how shallow I am, and b) what a femslash fanfiction whore I am) is to find a fandom, revel in the amount fanfiction, etc., and then watch the show/movie/whatever. I totally didn't get into Murder in Suburbia by reading a bunch of Ash/Scribbs fics and then watching the DVDs a few weeks later.

Oh my God, the end credits of the 7th (it is the 7th, right?) movie are so, so cute <3 I always adore the ending credits on the Pokemon movies; sometimes they're really sweet (like Molly getting her mother back in the third movie), but I used to just love watching Ash and co. wander around the Pokeworld because, let's face it, it would be the coolest thing ever.

So... kind of weird question here. Has anyone here ever 'shipped two characters from different fandoms?

It's not something I make a habit of doing at all, but a while ago I was in a crossover roleplay and although no characters got together, it got me thinking... Neku from The World Ends With You and Roxas from Kingdom Hearts are really similar and would probably get along well. o.o Now I kind of 'ship them, which is just bizarre.

Haha, I have. so much. So very much. Some of the highlights...

Spike (Buffy)/ Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh) [Don't ask. No, really. It's just as strange as it sounds.]
Edward (FMA) / Hellboy (go on, guess) [um. This is moony's fault. Yes.]
Edward (FMA again) / Harry (HP) [I think that I'm a bit insane.]
Edward (FMA again) / Black Jack (guess what he's from) [Ed is a whore]
Alphonse (FMA again again) / Ichigo (Bleach) [Also moony's fault]

I'll stop now so I don't scare anyone more than I already have.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.
Nononono it's "Come to the dark side. We have Yaoi." :D.

So for me, yes I'm joining.

Death Note:
LxLight (Oh come on. There's so many fanfics with LxLight it's impossible not to become a shipper :D)
MattxMello (I know Matt didn't appear very much but he's the only one who has a real relationship with Mello so they have to be paired!)
NearxMello (One sided, Near loves Mello :3)

Naruto:
SasukexNaruto (Again, too many fanfics out there to resist :3.)
NejixTenTen
ShikamaruxTemari
GaaraxNaruto (Just a little)
HinataxNaruto (Oh but they're so cute together <3)

And probably other stuff I don't remember.'

Oh yeah, maybe:
Pride!EdxEnvy

:3 I blame fanfiction, once again :P.

Nope. It's 'come to the dark side or be forcibly dragged. We have yaoi, yuri, het and threesomes.' =D

Welcome, welcome! I'll never stop being creeped out by Light/L, and I can't really have an opinion on any pairing with Matt because he never gets time to develop a personality, but cool.

Nope. It's 'come to the dark side or be forcibly dragged. We have yaoi, yuri, het and threesomes.' =D
I'm so on the dark side :O

Welcome, welcome! I'll never stop being creeped out by Light/L, and I can't really have an opinion on any pairing with Matt because he never gets time to develop a personality, but cool.
Agree with Matt. He was just shown in some panels :/. BUT I still don't mind MelloxMatt. It's yaoi, after all.

Last edited:
I'm an exceedingly casual shipper of at least one dumbtarded shounen series~~ Typically m/m or f/f because usually the het pairings are so completely flat in these things. :( That's what genderbender's for, at least...?

Although really it's kind of inaccurate to say that I ship anything. It's more that I loudly don't ship certain things. Most pairings, sure, I'm fine with, but there're a few that hit my squick button so much or are done badly so frequently that I reflexively skip 'm.

Sounds fun~ Is the identity of the series a secret or can you share? =O

Not!shipping... yeah, I hear you there. I generally try to keep an open mind about pairings, but some things are just... no. At least to me.

I only ever write for Katekyo Hitman REBORN! (it's completely retarded so uh if you have anything against things made entirely of stupid, don't look for it. But usually it is an AWESOME STUPID as it has time-travelling swordsmen mafiosi that ride giant flying shark Pokemon that are on fire and many other stupidly awesome things) but I've ventured into SquareENIX fandoms and uh. Yeah. Let's not go there.

AS SUCH this post is now filled with angry pairing rants for something no one else cares about. I could write about why I like particular pairings, but it'd turn out to be more like "everyone/everyone because it'd totally work. Or it would sort of work except for the murder or explosions but besides that it would totally work. Come on, you know it's true."

KHR pairings I cannot stand include:
- Reborn/Lambo (... come on even though they're both magical baby hitmen [though one's a magical genius baby hitman of the rainbow and the other is a really stupid baby Pokemon-training Power Ranger that keeps a pet Tauros or something I don't even know anymore], one's supposed to be actually five and the other is around the same age as Uni's grandma. THAT'S NOT RIGHT OKAY D: please say someone else noticed the squick here because duuuude. ... somehow I am not disturbed by Reborn/Tsuna or Reborn/Yamamoto though because at least they're not five and I assume everything definitely pairing-related takes place at least five years after the series and probably in an alternate universe)
- Lambo/I-pin (... THEY'RE FIVE. EVEN IF YOU SHIP THEM 10YL, THEY'RE SORT OF ADOPTED SIBLINGS UNLESS YOU THINK I-PIN MOVED BACK TO FENG'S PLACE OR SOMETHING. BUT IF THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE THINKING, SAY THAT BECAUSE DUDE)
- Shamal/Gokudera (asdfjkl; WHY WOULD YOU. WHY WOULD YOU EVER. NO. ... okay unless you're writing it as a joke where Shamal was drunk and then they had adventures with herpes because that's funny)
- Gamma/Uni (... that's not right. That's just not right. I don't care if she's secretly her mom reincarnated and Uni's mom and Gamma had a thing going on. Just leave it like this page. It's cute, so let it be cute. MAN I HATE FANDOM I wish someone wrote Gamma + Uni antics without TAINTING IT HORRIBLY)

Ah, KHR. I actually do need to watch that because I've heard it is incredibly good stupid!

...Squenix fandoms can be a little... violent at times... o.o;;

D: Don't watch it! Read the manga. The anime is kind of ... bad. Okay it is really bad. It makes everything turn-based and ugly okay :(

Mangahelpers has scanlations somewhere of most of the series, and OneManga updates weekly with (frequently terrible) scanlations, so you should totally check it out so I have more people to rant at. Don't read the licensed translation because it is all sorts of terrible. (That last link's to a fic mocking the Viz translation. ... and yes, it IS that bad. EVERYTHING IN THAT FIC IS DESERVED and they left out a lot of other fail too....)

I don't ever particularly dislike pairings, I just have a lot that I find boring or at least not interesting enough to read fic for. That and I hate it when I accidentally read darkfic or otherwise creepy/disturbing/AAAAAA GOOD GOD WHY fic. I'm completely unsuited to reading or writing anything but fluff and dumb humour stories that I don't think are that funny but people seem to fin-

Yeah.

I've been meaning to get into KHR! for a while, but I think surskitty's rambling about it over IRC has spoiled me for the actual series and I'll be disappointed! Haha.

EDIT: Also, I ship Byron/Bastiodon.
Dude.
He shouts I LOVE BASTIODON every time he sends him out. That's love right there.

Last edited:
I've only spoiled some of the major plot points! D:

But does Bastiodon love him?

I know! But I'm afraid it won't be as funny as when you're recapping and going THIS MAKES NO SENSE

Of course he does.
He just does okay.

See, that's why you read it and get me to do summaries of parts I tell you to skip (chapters 203-218 do not exist and anyone who claims that they do is a lying bastard who probably is going to make jokes about Yamamoto's loving relationship with invisible walls. Speaking of which, I ship it. WALL/YAMAMOTO OTP FOR LIFE THEIR LOVE IS SO TRUE) because any part I tell people to skip is probably not worth reading.

Also my summaries are inherently wonderful because they're mine.

I'll accept that, I think.

I don't ever particularly dislike pairings, I just have a lot that I find boring or at least not interesting enough to read fic for. That and I hate it when I accidentally read darkfic or otherwise creepy/disturbing/AAAAAA GOOD GOD WHY fic.

THIS. I don't actively dislike most canon pairings, but equally, I tend to find them a bit dull, often because it's so in-your-face very little is left up to fic-writer's imaginations.
And one dark fic can totally ruin a ship for me. Anything remotely bordering on non-con absolutely terrifies me, and character death isn't much better.
(Of course, with most of my preferred pairings being of the fem/slashy persuasion, I often experience character death within canon (which, needless to say, I'm not best pleased about), but I've developed some excellent repression and coping skills)

I love darkfic, I feel so alone! Then again I do write it, as well as mass character death/mindfuck type stuff (But I suck at writing so uh)

but ANYWAY

I tend to be very... passionate about my pairings, and will refuse to read a few... For example (this are all going to be FMA so unless you watch it or something you can ignore me!) Ed x Envy is a nono for me... I just can't see Envy forming any sort of bond with anyone, let alone Edward. Then there's Ed x Winry, but that's mainly because I am a fierce AlWin shipper (I know EdWin is supposedly canon but a girl can dream!) I also dislike Roy x Riza in favour of Havoc x Riza (oh there I go again, disliking canon pairings :C)

Also I completely adore mostly any fic that has one-sided Alfons x Ed. Oh god these are so sad when done well.

...this post made no/little sense.

Hm, I can like canon pairings if I think the dynamic is cute; I don't get bored by canon pushing it in my face, I get bored just like immediately. I'm like eeeeh seen it before, most of the time. If it's something new to me I'll probably enjoy it. ♥ So yeah, canon can be cool and I rarely /dislike/ a canon pairing. Unless it's not canon and fandom treats it like it is in which case I'll get a bit iffy.

Also I don't understand my fandom seems to have come to the general agreement that 'normal' relationships are boring. It's all DYSFUNCTIONAL SHIT and I'm like cool I like it but don't you guys enjoy things that aren't massively fucked up? D:

(I love this image I get of Danni accidentally reading a dark!fic, then just sitting and forcing it to lurk in the recesses of her mind. XD)

Back
Top Bottom