• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Should Pokemon Revisit Orre?

Well?

• Total voters

Karkat Vantas

Virile God-Snake Tower of Masculinity
See title.

I've been thinking about htis recently. Would you want a sequel to XD with Sinnoh Pokemon?

Personally, I think that the idea behind these games was brilliant, but the execution leaved a lot to be desired. It would be nice if you could catch wild Pokemon (really weak ones, of course) and leave the rarer ones to be snagged.

I loved XD, so I'm totally for it. Of course, a few tweaks would be nice - catching Wild Pokemon, as you said, although I think they should limit the opportunities you get; the game's centered around snagging, after all. The Poke Spots were fine, but it was annoying when you were in the middle of a huge labratory or something, your detector thing starts to beep, and you know there's no way you can get there in time.

I agree with Blaz, I love XD (A.K.A happy face). The concept of 'stealing' other people's Pokémon is always fun (even if the Pokémon you steal is evil in concept). Also, I like the fact that they have eevee starters. Also, I want VOICES in the console games. The handheld I can understand, but I prefer voices in console games unless the game play can compensate (IE: LOZ: Twilight Princess).

They really have to extend on the plot, though. Shadow Lugia is described in the instruction booklet as-- get ready for this incredible description -- "a Shadow Pokemon that suddenly appeared". Yeah.

Wow, I never noticed that. That's sort of... anticlimatic. Agreed, they should really extend on storylines and stuff - in my opinion, the Mystery Dungeon series had the best storylines, and I want to see another Pokemon game with a plot of around that magnitude.

I'm sorta 'eh' on the issue of voices - as far as I know, all the protaganists in Pokemon series were always silent people. Really, really silent.

The protagonists of Pokemon are canonically silent: when your character in PMD gets to speak, its choices are "......." and ".......", and in GSC, Red doesn't even speak to you. (Not sure if it's really a spoiler or not, but I want to be safe here.)

Technically in Mystery Dungeon you can speak, but it's still from selected choices. My point was that I don't think voices would be such a good idea, because it might be kinda awkward if everyone but the main character is silent. But that's just me.

YesyesyesyesYES. I love Shadow Pokemon to death (and those of you in Shadowy Past may attest to that).

I'd be interested in seeing another game set in Orre, whether or not it's in the same vein as the two that have already been done in that region. I'm fairly indifferent to snagging; they might be able to do some cool stuff with it, but I feel that heavy reliance on it made the console games much more linear than the handhelds. Since the ability to explore around and ditch the storyline for a bit is something I really enjoy about the pokémon games, obviously, that wasn't a huge selling point for me.

However, I'd be interested in learning more about the Orre region itself--what its relation is to the other regions, why it experienced such a decline while the others didn't, and so on. So, I'd be interested in seeing another game there, if only on the off-chance that they might explore its concept a bit more. It's the setting I'm interested in, not so much the snagging aspect of the gameplay.

Orre was interesting; Pokemon's attempt at being badass was not. Colosseum didn't really ... work. I've never played XD.

Orre was interesting; Pokemon's attempt at being badass was not. Colosseum didn't really ... work. I've never played XD.

XD was a lot less "Badass" than collesum and a more complete game. Im all for a part 3 just expand on the story.

Ponies and unicorns!
er, I've never played those games so I have no opinion. vov

They need to have wild Pokemon be capturable. Pokespots were a stupid idea, and just snagging makes the game kind of linear. Just being able to walk in the grass and capture something you see would be nice.

Plotwise, though, it might be harder. Cipher's done with, seeing as Greevil's been arrested... maybe somebody from Cipher could try to reform the group?

What I want to see is the option to help Cipher take over the world. Alternate endings where you didn't save the day would be nice to have.

They need to have wild Pokemon be capturable. Pokespots were a stupid idea, and just snagging makes the game kind of linear. Just being able to walk in the grass and capture something you see would be nice.

Plotwise, though, it might be harder. Cipher's done with, seeing as Greevil's been arrested... maybe somebody from Cipher could try to reform the group?

What I want to see is the option to help Cipher take over the world. Alternate endings where you didn't save the day would be nice to have.

The qusetion is will ninty do it? They rarely do this stuff.

True. Honestly, though, having a bad ending would be a pretty good twist. If they want the series to be darker and edgier, they're going to have to do stuff like this if they don't want to be cheesy.

I just want a Shadow Milotic, or at least a Feebas. :c Anything that'll make it easier to find them.

Cipher's had their chance come and go twice already; it's time to had the torch to someone else. Namely Team Snagem, which was little more than an afterthought in Colosseum, and a minor plot point in XD, so if there's another sequel they should have finally gotten back on their feet by that point.

True. Honestly, though, having a bad ending would be a pretty good twist. If they want the series to be darker and edgier, they're going to have to do stuff like this if they don't want to be cheesy.

The sad thing is I doubt any pokemon game will ever turn that way, thanks to the companies making the games. They tried doing darker stuff in the Mystery Dungeon series, it failed as they keep retconning any sort of "bad" happening.
I think the farthest we can expect from them is a bittersweet ending but no bad ending... sadly. :/ If they ever do then that'd be a breath of fresh air in pokécandy land.

Otherwise, Orre should be reused, although mayhaps with a new sort of plot other than just the shadow pokemons. They could keep it as some sort of "side quests" or whatever but the novelty value is lost by now. They need bioweapons and splicers now. At least.. spliced shadow pokes. D: Perhaps a bad guy along the lines of Cyrus but without the whole god-like world destroying plot. :I
Yeah I'm picky. :c

True, but the thing is, for the most part, Orre's a desert; there isn't going to be a plethora of Pokemon running around like there would anywhere else.

Spliced shadow mons = NO. It would take too much effort to do such.

...I can imagine areas where you walk around and search for Pokemon there. Maybe keeping food or something.

Hey, Phenac City was an oasis. Agate Village was grassy. :V It's not too much of a stretch to think that wild Pokémon could live around those places.

On topic, I never played far enough in Colosseum to get much into the plot, and I've never played XD. I might be more interested if it were a handheld (but then I wish everything was handheld, since I almost never play my N64 or Gamecube), but eh. Revisiting Orre might be cool if they were to expand the plot some, get rid of the holes at the end and maybe even have a negative ending. MD2 may not have had the dark ending we were hoping for (hell, the only negative thing that happens there gets retconned by Sky), but it's a step in the right direction! Maybe Ninty should try to increase the average age of fans. They really can't put that dark of an ending in (like Cipher taking over or whatnot) until too few little kids are playing it for it to matter. MD2, for instance, references death twice: first with the disappearance of yourself in Grovyle at the end of the main game, then with Darkrai's trying to convince you to commit suicide near the end of the post-plot. But they never actually call it death; to the younger audience it's open to a few interpretations. They could only make it negative once they're sure that the majority of the target audience is old enough to handle it, or else they would end up getting a lot of complaints... or something, I don't really know.

Back
Top Bottom