• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

so while i will be around for EoD, 100% stuffs gonna happenen before i wake up, so ill just throw my vote for mr ultracool in now

partially bc my gut tells me that the inactive lynch is better and that we can get more out of keeping superjolt alive for another day (as opposed to UC)

and partially because unless im forgetting the vote count this helps to even up the wagons, and even is fun :p

I wake up and have to peel myself off a sweaty bed and I'm like 😰 Heatwave has transmutated me into sweat!

I'll probably get a drink and possibly an eat before I activate my brain engines (maybe even... more sleep!), but again, I understand apprehension around my ISO of Trebek. I just honestly have a hard time parsing any of his posts as wolfy, though maybe that's a me thing and I'll end up really positive about anyone I comment on. I try to be super positive and encouraging when I comment on art for instance, so could be a bad habit bleeding through. xD I'll try to do more ISOs when I can so people can assess my character a bit more! And then hopefully I will have contributed more and not feel like sponge brain 😍

@kokorico, could you give updated reads on me and Blu?
I would like to see eir updated thoughts on me/Blu.
Steady on! I do need to sleep from time to time :P

Regarding you, I concede I probably jumped to my conclusion a bit too quickly, out of excitability / wanting to demonstrate my read / feeling like 48h was shorter than it is, and on reflection you were probably right to find it odd. Sorry about that. But so far you still haven't actually displayed the "combativeness" I mentioned towards anyone other than me, or done anything else that pings me as scummy, and you've been engaging with the game, trying to figure things out and presenting your thoughts in real time. So I still consider you to be at the top of my town pile.

Blu, I'm wavering back and forth on. His bubbliness certainly isn't pinging me as particularly town-indicative, as it seems to be for almost anyone else, and I have the impression that he pivoted into mechanical talk much sooner in Cats (2019) than he is here. But equally, I can't really pin down anything solid that indicates scumplay. I also spotted a couple of things that, if he's town, might be a part of an attempt to set up a gambit for later - I'll avoid spoiling that. I would still dearly love to know what his reasoning was for asking the question in #121: both mewt and I have now asked him on separate occasions, but unless I missed it I don't think he ever responded.

(I know some other people asked me things overnight too, but I gotta go eat something. I promise to come back to them later.)

mewtini votes Seshas [->1] (#14)
Mist1422 votes Seshas [->2] (#19)
mewtini votes Seshas -> Eifie [1->1] (#63)
Trebek votes Stealth Rock [->1] (#111)
Trebek votes Stealth Rock -> mewtini [0->1] (#216)
Trebek unvotes mewtini [0->] (#217)
mewtini votes Eifie -> kyeugh [0->1] (#219)
mewtini unvotes kyeugh [0->] (#223)
Trebek votes Seshas [->2] (#226)
Trebek unvotes Seshas [1->] (#243)
Keldeo votes Superjolt [->1] (#317)

Hey Seshas, I get that the bold entries are active votes, but is there any meaning to the italicised ones?
I had a dream last night that Seshas replied to say that, duh, the italic votes were cast in Italy. I don't really know what that says about my subconscious. Or mewt and Trebek's holiday plans.

Hi koko! 😄 Oh, was 121 the uhhh question about a trapping role? (Oh god how do I go to specific numbers on mobile)

I think because I was thinking about it in terms of Pokémon mechanics (stealth rocks! Sneaky pebbles!) my brain internally parsed it as different for some reason. Trapping/recoil role makes sense as a thing that exists but I also didn't know the specific name for it ^^; Big sponge brain moment!

Votecount (#590):
Superjolt | 3 | Ysabel (#362), M Plus 7 (#570), mewtini (#575)
Mr. Ultracool | 2 | Keldeo (#574), Trebek (#584)

Trebek votes mewtini [->1] (#216)
Trebek unvotes mewtini [0->] (#217)
mewtini votes kyeugh [->1] (#219)
mewtini unvotes kyeugh [0->] (#223)
Keldeo votes Superjolt [->1] (#317)
Ysabel votes Superjolt [->2] (#362)
M Plus 7 votes Trebek [->1] (#407)
M Plus 7 votes Trebek -> kokorico [0->1] (#467)
Keldeo unvotes Superjolt [1->] (#517)
M Plus 7 unvotes kokorico [0->] (#532)
M Plus 7 votes Superjolt [->2] (#570)
Keldeo votes Mr. Ultracool [->1] (#574)
mewtini votes Superjolt [->3] (#575)
Trebek votes Mr. Ultracool [->2] (#584)

I'm still catching up but
Here is a game where I was town. Unfortunately the ones where I was mafia and SK was lost due to Curse and Twitch things, but thought it could help you if you have the time @Keldeo and whomever else wants to check. This one was my latest game anyway. I'm Mystical there.

see every time someone calls zoruas scum I get sad because they are cute!!! and i wanna be a zorua!!! but sadly i had to roll town and enjoy it

Talk to me more about your alignment preferences and meta if you don't mind.
this is straightforward I can take this

I generally like towning more because there’s less external pressure and I’m kinda better at it

@M Plus 7 - Nice to see you earlier! Do you have any thoughts on the game so far? What do you think your general strategy is going to be?

@kokorico

Circling back to this.

My general strategy will be close to how I usually play as town. Behavioral reads based on body of work/ISOing and/or occasional posts that strike me as notable. Constant re-assessment. Solving the game via POE and towncore.

If you were looking for mechanical input, I apologize to disappoint. I'd be curious in the answer to your own question here.
Uh-huh. The reason I asked was that at the end of Cats (2019) you said you wanted to try powerwolfing next time you rolled mafia. So I was keeping an eye out to see if you would offer an alternative explanation in advance for a high postcount. Which I suppose is what happened, although I guess it could equally well just be your normal towngame, which I haven't seen. It was a bit of an ill-planned query, sorry.

As for me, I'm trying to be a bit more proactive about gathering reads instead of just fucking around waiting for some mech information to show, like I did in D1/D2 of TVT. So I'm noting down everything I spot that seems vaguely alignment-indicative. I don't have much yet, but I'm hoping that after a Day or two I'll there'll be enough to identify patterns of behaviour in a few people with reasonable certainty.

koko uses e/em!
Oh dang it, thank you mew. I apologize if I mess that up for anyone else in the future, I'll try my best to avoid it.
I don't mind a great deal - it's what I'm most used to online, but it wouldn't really irritate me if you wanted to use something else instead. Also IIRC I spent most of the first half of Cats (2019) absent-mindedly using he/him for you, so I figure you've earned a free pass. :P

Hi koko! 😄 Oh, was 121 the uhhh question about a trapping role? (Oh god how do I go to specific numbers on mobile)
Yeah, that was the one. Sorry, I usually add a link when I reference an old post but I forgot that time.

I think because I was thinking about it in terms of Pokémon mechanics (stealth rocks! Sneaky pebbles!) my brain internally parsed it as different for some reason. Trapping/recoil role makes sense as a thing that exists but I also didn't know the specific name for it ^^; Big sponge brain moment!
I see. Maybe I'm reading too much into this.

I appreciate you asking again tbh! I'd been meaning to clarify it a bit since people were wondering about it, but it totally slipped my mind ^^

lol i woke up early!
partially bc my gut tells me that the inactive lynch is better and that we can get more out of keeping superjolt alive for another day (as opposed to UC)

and partially because unless im forgetting the vote count this helps to even up the wagons, and even is fun :p
why do you think an inactive lynch is better tbh? i kind of don't love them because i think they're like ... lazier than at least poking at someone who's contributing (seeing as there is definitely mafia among the posters) and because they yield no information since, even if we're lucky and they are wolves, mafia probably don't really stick their head out to save inactives

(i'm not set on jolt, but that's where i'm getting the closest to having bad vibes and i don't have anyone else i really want to go for tbh. i just keep like ... reading his early posting in cats and getting thrown by that because i think there's a tonal difference, even if his reads weren't significantly deeper they were. i will feel kind of bad if it rly was just a time issue for him yesterday though)
Blu, I'm wavering back and forth on. His bubbliness certainly isn't pinging me as particularly town-indicative, as it seems to be for almost anyone else, and I have the impression that he pivoted into mechanical talk much sooner in Cats (2019) than he is here.
ftr the bubbliness thing is more of a metaread at this point, not that i think tone is irreproducible as either alignment (it's much more "he sounded just like this as town" than "he's towny because he's sounding this way"). i don't really get the impression he's been like ... ignoring mech or post analysis at all this game though?

Back
Top Bottom