• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Somewhat Blu sprites

Bluwiikoon

All is fair in love and war
Pronoun
he/him
Here we go again! Like most other people in this spriting subforum, I happen to make sprites sometimes.

I haven't really made a lot of stuff recently, so bear with me, here!

beebadge.gif
bananabadge.gif
cirrusbadge.gif

Here be some fake badges, which fit into a badge case like so.

jojahaffabadges.png

Those other ones weren't made by me, but I did create the badge case stuff myself, so there you go. o: I'm particularly fond of that cloud badge.

blupip.gif

it's a blu!!! I don't have too much to say about this. He's entirely scratch.

trianglemansprite.png
trianglemanbacksprite.png

Triangleman, the trianglest man on the planet! Despite being tiny, he is still one of the oldest shapemans. Also, sorry for the blinding yellow background. That's just how it is, man.

exmarkmansprite.png
exmarkmanbacksprite.png

Exclamation-markman, the loudest man on the planet!

staceymansprite.png
staceymanbacksprite.png

Staceyman, the boringest man on the planet!

You know, it's a shame that the game project this was for kinda stopped and such. It'd be a blast to Pokémon it up with these guys, haha. Maybe someday I should make sprites for the rest of the shapemans, when I have some sort of free time to.

girasprite.gif
giraspriteshiny.gif

oh god it's Giratina. An entirely scratch sprite, whooo. I made this for my own Giratina character, who is a lot more cuddly and cute than the average Giratina (not to mention being half the size of one). Those wings are a little funny, but they were also a nightmare to fiddle with so I'm not going near them again.

And now for really recent things! Like, one or two days ago recent.

natogre.gif

I thought I'd start small, so clearly a Natu-Kyogre was the thing to do. It is the tiniest little Kyogre guy.

cyndanaut.gif

Next up was Cyndanaut! Because, of course, why not? I think the way I managed to imitate Wynaut's shading is quite nice. I was going to add the little dress thing that Wynaut had, but I guess I got lazy. Perhaps he looks better without it, too.

dragopie.gif

And finally, Dragopie, with his stubby little arms. Those little wings were quite fun to scratch! Aside from that, Dragonite and Caterpie seem to fit each other surprisingly well.

That's all for the moment! Keep in mind that I'm a little rusty here, so if you're going to suggest splices, keep it down to three Pokés or less for now.

I'm considering trying to scratch sprite a Nosepass, considering it's my favourite Pokémon, but I'm open to other ideas as well.

Alrighty, I went ahead with that scratch Nosepass after all.

scratchnosepass.gif

Obviously any angular Pokémon is kind of difficult when it comes to spriting, but I think I did a somewhat good job. It's recognisable, at the very least! The nose and other little things are different due to my style, but maybe next time I should make more of an attempt to follow the official sprites more closely in those regards.

Hey there, the Butchman!

xatoudon.gif

It is a possibility that this could've gone a bit better. o:

Now all we need is Rayquaza... Xatu-evolution. Fifth gen, don't disappoint me!

Speaking of Natu-Kyogre, it still makes me laugh whenever I look at it, hahahahaha.

o hey blu's back~
How come you always arrive after a big change in the forum?

You know how your sprites are, fantastic as always. I love that Kyogre-Natu sprite, how did you manage to shove so much detail into such a tiny sprite?

I assure you, it's completely unintentional! Haha.

It involves a combination of squinting, being very careful, and knowing where to simplify things. :D As well as zooming in and out a lot to see how it is at proper size, but that's pretty much what you should do with any sprite, really.

scratchbarboach.gif

it is a barboach! A scratch Barboach.

Scratching's becoming simpler now that I have a method down, yaaay.

it's the power of love and rainbows! THE POWER OF LOVE AND RAINBOWS OVERCOMES EVERYTHING

Alternatively, lots of glue was involved. But honestly, where does logic have a place in the Pokémon world? o:

scratchflasheen.gif

Green asked me to make a sprite of his avatar pokesona guy thing, so that is what I tried to do! The eye is borrowed from Squirtle, and he wanted the pose to be reminiscent of Pikachu's.

I should possibly look into borrowing colours from other sprites rather than making my own. :T Although I'm not too sure where I'd get a green like that...

In any case, it looks like I need to make something MOTHER 3. Hmmmm.

I don't blame you for making your own colors. I looked through the green Pokemon, and saw none worth using. But still, that sprite is so FTW. :3 I am avataring that. 8D

I'm glad you like it! :D Just remember to add a little credit somewhere, yeah?

Meccanica-man! I see your Ness, Lucas and Claus Fakemon (they're pretty rad, by the way!), and give you a Kumatora. The tigeriest bear in town!

kumagersprite.gif

Something's just... not right here. I can't quite put my finger on it. I can only hope that more practice at spriting will take away this mysterious, unknown flaw.

I guess this just didn't quite survive the transition from full-size sketch to tiny little sprite, huh? Perhaps if I made the face larger next time, as well as having a more interesting pose and such... maybe shading around where the legs would shift that long fur stuff. And those claws could definitely be better, man.

Oh yeah, I also seemingly forgot to shade around the eye. I guess I just can't be bothered to now, haha.

Credit is in my bio. :3

The problem I see with the bear-tiger-thing is its (our left) right claws. They seem to be short and stubby. Some shading changes could fix that, though. c:

Back
Top Bottom