• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Special Plans for Platinum?

Icalasari

YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D
Got the idea from Gamefaqs. So, are you going to do something special for your first playthrough of Platinum?

I plan to keep a journal of the game through the eyes of the main character ^^

Hmm... I dunno.

I guess I might keep track of stuff as I go, so I can actually remember the more specific stuff later on... with Diamond, I couldn't even remember what level I beat the Elite Four at without looking at the Hall of Fame.

I might also try to avoid using any of the same Pokémon I had in my teams in games I've played recently. Shouldn't be too hard, especially with the extra Pokémon they've added into the Sinnoh Pokédex.

Keep track of stuff, use Pokemon I haven't used, don't use a starter or legend, complete every area (get all the items, battle all the trainers), try to complete the dex as I play, and actually put time into training my Pokemon, so there all above level 60 at least.

• Make it my main game (trading all my best Pokemon over from Diamond after I beat the E4)
  • Don't do what I usually do and be halfway to the third gym after my first evening of owning the game (probably won't happen)
  • Pwn the Battle Frontier

That journal thing is a good idea... I may have to do something along those lines...

Heh. If you do decide to do that, then want to compare the journals? Maybe we can insert a few link battles and have the trainers write about it XD

"Today, I faced a trainer who said that they also beat Cyrus... WTF did Giratina DO to Sinnoh!?"

• Make it my main game (trading all my best Pokemon over from Diamond after I beat the E4)
  • Don't do what I usually do and be halfway to the third gym after my first evening of owning the game (probably won't happen)
  • Pwn the Battle Frontier

Yeah, I do the main game thing~

The only reason I'm trying to get a Suicune in Leafgreen now is that I can have one in Platinum that is my own...as I like to raise and catch my own :)

And I'll transfer, Mewtwo, the birds(yay I can have two of each that I catch myself), my whole team(which will be killed by the physical/special split but will still be fun and will get new moves) and that's it.

And THEN I'll(after transferring EVERY Pokemon I can be bothered with(everything but the Lv 5 HM slaves)) start a new game on Leafgreen, get my starter and then go AGAIN. And then get all three starters and THEN if my friend is accessable, I'll use their Emerald to get all three of the Hoenn starters(I'll store their Pokemon on my leafgreen) and then...yay?

Wow, text wall...

Well, I would like to try to actual train my whole party equally, but I'll probably fail. if I do try, I'll use a rotor technique in which I will always have the lowest-levelled Pokémon at the front of my party until, obviously, there's a new lowest-levelled one; that way they should all be approximately the same level.

Other than that, creativestuffs... um, I don't know, to be honest. Although the journal thing is an interesting idea.

Well, I plan on keeping a journal as well, but sort of like they do in the Monotype type challenge thread: Note my time, name, id, location etc., what pokemon I have and their levels, what I've done so far and what I plan to do soon.

My starter will be chimchar, since i had piplup in pearl and turtwig in diamond. I will transfer all my pokemon and items over to platinum, so it will be my main game.

I might plan out more stuff. I'm not sure.

Well, I would like to try to actual train my whole party equally, but I'll probably fail. if I do try, I'll use a rotor technique in which I will always have the lowest-levelled Pokémon at the front of my party until, obviously, there's a new lowest-levelled one; that way they should all be approximately the same level.

Other than that, creativestuffs... um, I don't know, to be honest. Although the journal thing is an interesting idea.

I rotate every five levels myself

When Platinum comes out, should I update the journal here on TCoD?

Hmm...and this time I might try a journal. I'm not sure if I could be bothered to type rather than just play the game but...I want something special for Platinum.

Since I'm not getting it until my birthday, I had no special plans. That journal idea appeals to me quite a bit though. I've always wanted to do something like that in a Pokemon game. So I might do that.

I don't really know, I've still got 2 months to think about it. I may do a journal type (like already mentioned) thing on MS Word or something. I might even post it somewhere. Or I might just do what I normally do.

Back
Top Bottom