• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stupid things you thought were true: World Version!

-French kissing was just kissing in France
-Sex is just a gesture of love.
-Having babies was entirely different.
-Dogs/cats/etc. could talk, and only children can hear them talk. Adults are oblivious.
-The color red was evil, because blood was red. Blood = evil.
-If you carried a gun, they'd arrest you, always.
-Grandmas and Granpas, or anyone old never had a childhood.

I was such an idiot when I was a really small kid. :'D

I HAVE A GREAT ONE.

I'm pretty sure I didn't actually believe this, but still. God (as in the Abrahmic god, Yahweh, etc.) was the ruler of Earth and oversaw all the people on Earth. But only Earth, not the rest of the universe. All the other planets had their own god. Then, there were higher up, more superior gods that were the bosses of the gods of each planet. The boss god for our solar system (as in, he ordered around the gods of Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, and all the rest) was a giant beaver who liked to play baseball.

Don't ask me where I got this.

I sort of vaguely remember thinking that women only fell in love with women, because all of the girls I saw always looked happy and stuff. I thought my parents were just really weird. No idea what I thought about men, though. :S

I also had the usual nightmares about the bath plug eating me. xDD It STILL creeps me out, I have to put a facecloth over the plughole if I'm going to have a bath.

- Dog food was made from dead dogs. (Also my sister's fault.)

... Uhh, that's actually TRUE.
Some dogs foods have euthanized animals and roadkill in them, rather than real meat. It's horrible.
Search "The truth about Dog food" on Google. You'll be surprised.

What's so horrible about that? It's letting good meat not go to waste, and I doubt the dogs really care.

I used to have this weird idea about languages. It wasn't that I thought everyone in the world spoke English, because I started learning a second language the moment I started school. I thought that everyone heard the language they spoke as English, and if you spoke in English to them they would hear it in a different language. Don't ask me what caused me to think this.

My mother also used to think that when a horse was shot in a western, it fell into the back of the TV. This resulted in her trying to take the back off the TV to see all the horses.

~GG~

yeah, i used to have the same idea about languages too when i was little!:freaked:

What's so horrible about that? It's letting good meat not go to waste, and I doubt the dogs really care.

Who wants to eat ROADKILL? Seriously?
Also, the euthanized pets still have their collars and whatnot on, and are still in a bag when put into pet food. No matter if they are rotted and diseased! Let's just grind em' up!

When I was one and my dad came home from work I got really mad at him because he left for the hole day and came back at night. I had no idea what work was.

-You could spell Beetles (the bug) with an A or an E - it was like colour and color. I spent like 5 years writing about the eating and mating habits of Beatles. x_x
I didn't believe that myself, but reading that made soymilk come out of my nose. :D

So anyway, stuff that I thought:

That ALF (The fuzzy alien puppet dude) would come out of a glass of milk to cast an evil curse on me (I was about four. -_-; )

I was afraid that I'd be sucked down the drain in the bathtub. (Damn you, Rugrats! >=|)

I thought that if I wished and prayed enough I would acquire shape shifting powers (I was 6. I wanted to be a flying T-Rex. :D)

That fairis lived in my house (age 8). I wrote letters to them and built little towns for them out of building blocks. :3 MY parents replied to the letters. xD

That I could get shape shifting powers if I pleased the fairies. (I left them a corn chip once. :D)

That there really might be a Chalk Zone.

That I was actually a wolf in a human body (I was about 10 maybe? Iunno.)

That I had Mad Cow Disease (Good God, all my worst panic attacks were over that D: It's still my biggest fear.)

That Pokemon existed. (age 8)

That everyone was actually their favorite pokemon on some spiritual level (Once again, I was 8. I was a really really screwed up kid. >_>; )

That I could build sci-fi-ish machines by sticking random toys and stuff together. (6)

That my dead dog was my guardian angel (Yaaay, 'All Dogs go to Heaven' 8D)

That the Magic School Bus was real. (about 6.)

Eeeeh I'm weird. Reallyreallyreallyweird. |D;

Back
Top Bottom