• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stupid things you thought were true: World Version!

- We would die if we weren't outside every day.
- Rats were adult mice.
- You know those light-stripe-things in the ceiling in your room that's caused by light coming through the windows when it's dark? I was scared of these, because I thought a monster lived inside them.
- Later, I thought some cat guy lived inside them. He was my friend.
- Monsters came out at 12 o'clock.
- Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.
- Cartoons were for kids and "real-life" shows for adults
- Twins had to wear the same clothes
- The only purpose of pumpkins was to make jack-o-lanterns
- Ice cream was naturally vanilla
- Vanilla was white

Yeah, I was weird.

Last edited:
I used to think that if I missed brushing my teeth even once, they'd get rotten and fall out. The idea terrified me so much I remember going nuts at a friend's house when I had a sleepover and forgot my toothbrush (my friend's mum eventually gave me a spare one to calm me down). I'm still kinda obsessed with my oral hygiene. X3

Just one...

Cat snacks. Made from dirt, grass, and tree bark.

I was crushed when the cat wouldn't eat them.

EDIT: Oh, and humans were basically good.

Last edited:
- Cartoons were for kids and "real-life" shows for adults

Same. Also, I though until I was, I think, 13 or 14, that
Shit and Fuck meant the same thing. So, for example, if somebody said, "Fuck you", they were saying, "Go poop"... Man, it feels weird to type poop x.x

I also thought...
-That Pokemon lived on a distant planet and some guy went there, and video taped every episode. I wanted to be an astronaut for years because of that.

-Canada's favorite food was weiners(blame Ren & Stimpy).

-Fairies were real. I wrote letters to them everyday and they replied back. I kept it up until I was 10.

-People in Canada always had a pet goose or moose.

-My stuffed animals were alive, but only moved when I wasn't looking.

Canada's favorite food was weiners(blame Ren & Stimpy).

xDDDDDDD.

On the topic of R&S...I used to think Ren was a rat...and before even watching it...I thought he was....a girl...xDDDD

Hey, the first time i saw it was like 2-3 years ago. I only really watched it since December.

Same. Also, I though until I was, I think, 13 or 14, that
Shit and Fuck meant the same thing. So, for example, if somebody said, "Fuck you", they were saying, "Go poop"... Man, it feels weird to type poop x.x

I prefer "defecate", myself.

Also...

-Babies burst out of their mothers' chests
-Nothing outside of my range of vision existed

Hmm, where do I start....

- Santa and the Easter Bunny were real.

- Sex was kissing when you were naked. I learned when I was like four that to have a baby the guy had to put his penis in the woman's vagina but I didn't learn any more details than that. I didn't learn until I was like eight that sex was what made the baby.

- Everybody died on their 83rd birthday, unless they were killed or something. If they hadn't died until then, then they would get a huge cake, blow out the candles, but then they would die. No idea where I came up with this.

- When a baby was born it had all the male "parts" and if the couple wanted a girl then the doctor would cut it off, and it would make it a vagina.

- When Robin Williams was in Mrs. Doubtfire they had to cut off his penis to give him a vagina just for a while, but when the movie was done being filmed they glued the penis back on so it was all good.

- If you turned off the lights in your bathroom and lit two candles by the mirror, closed your eyes, and spun around thirteen times then said "Bloody Mary" three times she would come out and slash you to death.

- If you said "Ronald McDonald" instead then there was a chance that he would come out instead and give you free burgers for your whole life, but there was also a chance that Bloody Mary would come out. I was brave enough to try this at age six, and when it didn't work I tried Bloody Mary. Then I did it in front of one of my friends to show that Bloody Mary wouldn't for me because I was better than he was at Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, and I won a three-dollar bet that I could prove I was better than he was.

- Orca whales were from Mars. This meant, of course, that all sharks were from the moon, except the hammerhead ones. They existed when scientists bred a "normal" shark with a hammer. This is my brother's fault.

- "Egg groups" existed in real life, so you could breed like a zebra and an antelope or something and you would get a baby of the female. My brother's fault.

- I had a second older sister that died when our old car died. This is my sister's fault.

- My sister that exists was lying. She got mad that the fake older sister was prettier so in the middle of the night she slit her throat with a fork. My brother's fault.

- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was a true story, except the Oompa Loompas were actually serial killers that killed the real Oompa Loompas and disguised themself as them to kill Willy Wonka. Partly my brother's fault, partly my sister's.

- Herpes was a monster that lived at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean and had fifteen tentacles and three heads that each breathed fire, but it only would hurt you if you tried to steal its baby, Hepatitis, who was a puppy with six heads that was always sleeping. This is partly my brother's fault and partly my cousin's.

I'll post more when I think of them.

- If you turned off the lights in your bathroom and lit two candles by the mirror, closed your eyes, and spun around thirteen times then said "Bloody Mary" three times she would come out and slash you to death.
Bloody Mary won't kill you, but the ensuing fire WILL. :3

- Herpes was a monster that lived at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean and had fifteen tentacles and three heads that each breathed fire, but it only would hurt you if you tried to steal its baby, Hepatitis, who was a puppy with six heads that was always sleeping.

My god, it's like Greek mythology!

My brother used to think that there was something called "The Sneet" which ate children and only appeared when there was sleet outside.

To not be eaten you had to hide inside your bed and whisper stupid things.

I think he got the idea from me, but I was telling him that he was adopted, not that things would eat him.

My god, it's like Greek mythology!

=O It is. I'm just not sure why my brother and cousin decided to tell me that when I heard them talking about herpes and hepatitis and I asked what they were.

I thought of some more:

- Oprah was white.

- Madonna was black.

- Tiger Woods was the name of haunted woods where people played golf but got eaten by tigers.

- I could go down the drain in the bathtub.

- If you swallowed chewing gum you died.

- Brown cows made chocolate milk.

- Pokemon were real and actually existed inside of the cartridge, but they were really really small, and when you traded them, they actually went through the link cable.

- Cremation was digging up a dead body and setting it on fire because you hated the person.

- If you drove past a cemetary without holding your breath, you were cursed. (This is my sister's fault.)

- Songs on the radio were played live by the band in the studio.

- The singer in a band always wrote the songs.

- Clouds were made by a machine in the sky.

- There were legendary animals and shiny animals.

- Beetle was spelled Beatle.

- Dog food was made from dead dogs. (Also my sister's fault.)

...I believed way too many things.

Oh, I thought that ripping my Pop-Tarts up into teeny bits somehow made there be more of it, so for a long time I'd have little peices of gooey ripped-up Pop-Tart for breakfast every day. :p

When I was moving from primary school to secondary school, I thought that if I didn't grow up and go through puberty, (not like that's happened at all anyway), that I would be able to stop time, and I wouldn't have to change schools and that I'd be able to keep all of my friends, just the way it was before.

...I'm still kind of upset 5 years later that this didn't work, as I'm now in near-to-no contact with half of my closest friends when I was at primary school. :<

I used to think the back of the lid on the toilet had teeth. This caused me to always sit on the edge of the toilet seat. Which caused me to pee all over the floor. And I used to think that if you pulled on the hair at your scalp it would come off, and there would be different hair there. This belief came about after I saw a clown take off a wig. It cause a lot of hair pulling, both to my hair and other peoples.

Back
Top Bottom