• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stupid things you thought were true: World Version!

Drifloon Rocks

Honey, please don't eat the rancid dung.
This is like the one in the General Pokemon Discussion section, except its for everything.

-If you eat Gushers your head turns into a fruit, but only if you ate the magic ones. Not the normal ones.
-Teachers live at school
-Kansas is black and white (the Wizard of Oz movie)
-You can get sucked down the drain in a bathtub

-If you eat pop rocks and drink pop, you'll die
-The world is flat
-Mom's know everything
-Dad's know nothing
-I'm a girl

There's probably more, but I'll post those once I can remember.

That the clouds held all of the oxygen in the world, and that when we ran out of clouds, we would all die due to asphyxiation

Yes, I seriously thought that at one point in my life x.x

Mushrooms grew from cow poop. My mom told me that when I was little. I've hated them ever since.

And forks could go through your hand and kill you. I was afraid of forks for weeks. My brother told me that when I was about seven.

- A tree on a hill visible from my window was a monster. (Really though, that was one scary-ass tree.)
- Sex was just kissing in bed. (That's all they ever showed on TV!)
... or kissing in a hot tub. (I don't remember why it was that specifically.)
- When you got old, your hair turned gray, then white. When it turned white all over you died.
- Once you beat a video game, you could never, ever play that game again.
- I accidentally ripped the tag off a pillow once, and you know how it always says something about that being illegal? I started crying because I thought policemen would come in and check our pillows and my parents would go to jail. D:

I'm sure I have more.

When I was young I had a book called "Charlie Brown's 'Cyclopedia to the Human Body" that talked about... the human body. At the beginning it talked about babies, and while I don't remember the exact quote, the general message was "when a male-specific sperm and a female-specific egg get together, a baby forms". They conviently forgot to mention how the two get together. Young mind went "it happens when they kiss!" because a. that's a sign of love anyway and b. I was born the year my parents got married (so I assumed it was the wedding kiss).

... yeah.

I thought the sperm went outta the penis and into the vagina through underwear and pajamas.

The kid books never tell you anything past SPERM + EGG = BABIES.

If you ate Honeycombs you would turn into one of those things on TV.
Sex was just being naked in bed
There was an evil thing like the Green Goblin in the basement

There are more I'll remember later.

I used to think the world was black and white before colour tv and photographs

I have no idea where the fuck I got that one from but I believed it untill I was like
nine.

I thought the vice-president and the president were best friends. Logic: imagine if you get elected. Who do you like to spend time with the most? Your best friend, so you make him vice-prez since you'll be spending a lot of time together.
DUH
At least I found out more people thought this :T

Also that cows with different colours gave different kinds of milk. White cows = normal milk, black and white cows = coffee with milk, black cows = coffee, white and brown cows = chocolate milk, etc.

Also that cows with different colours gave different kinds of milk. White cows = normal milk, black and white cows = coffee with milk, black cows = coffee, white and brown cows = chocolate milk, etc.

You thought that too?

In my case, it was, "Brown cows gave Chocolate milk. All other cows gave Normal milk"

Of course, back then, I only knew of Brown cows and White cows with Black splotches...

Why am I capitalizing colours and the kinds of milk?

I thought that you could go through the TV to the show.
I thought the Taco Bell Dog actually talked
The MGM lion would eat me...

Oh, I was terrified of the Kool-Aid man and Chunky Beef Soup, because they both came crashing through walls on their commercials. D:

I also saw the veins on my wrist one day and thought I'd colored on myself.

...and I got scared of going down the drain after I saw that one episode of Rugrats.

Just remember another one:

Due to more somewhat poor night vision, things seemed to move as my eyes were trying to focus. As such, I thought the animals in my Babe (You know, the movie about the pig) poster were alive and trying to talk to me D:

Oddly enough, it calmed me down :D I talked back to them! :D

I used to think little midgets lived inside my computer and made it work. Seriously, untill I was like, 8.

Just remember another one:

Due to more somewhat poor night vision, things seemed to move as my eyes were trying to focus. As such, I thought the animals in my Babe (You know, the movie about the pig) poster were alive and trying to talk to me D:

Oddly enough, it calmed me down :D I talked back to them! :D
Yeah, the Justin poster in my sister's room blinked and moved his mouth. I was freaked.

- Moms magically get babies when they REALLY want them and dads don't have a say in the matter.
- Steve actually did go to college and left Blue with Joe.
- The pencils we were given were still made with the poisonous lead. I panicked when I chewed on the point instead of the eraser. D:

- Moms magically get babies when they REALLY want them and dads don't have a say in the matter.
- Steve actually did go to college and left Blue with Joe.
- The pencils we were given were still made with the poisonous lead. I panicked when I chewed on the point instead of the eraser. D:

What did happen to Steve, then?

Back
Top Bottom