• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stupid things you thought were true

Another one I remembered

I used to believe, back when I first got Emerald, my first game, that if you lost to a Gym Leader they took all of your Pokémon exept your starter. When I lost against Roxanne and found out they didn't, I told my friend. He said "No, not the Gym Leaders, Team Rocket and Team Magma and Team Aqua. You should try not to lose to their admins"
I played through Emerald, happier now. Then I got to Mt. Chimney. I lost against the admin...and when I opened up my "Pokémon" tab, I had my whole team.

Needless to say, I didn't believe said friend when he told me breeding your starter and the first Pokémon you caught would create a fusion of the two Pokémon.

Remembered another one:

I used to think that Dratini/Dragonair was were Water-types.

(Hard to type when you have a hand covered in corn-chip dust)

Hmmm I am not sure I have ever been sucked in my a Pokemon rumor; does it count by any chance that when I begun my silver I thought ??? was supposed to be the rivals name and so kept it as such? >_< *head/desk* lol. It was only the second pokemon game I had ever owned so I was used the naming the rival after you name yourself from my Yellow.

Most of the time for me I WANTED to believe certain stories rather than actually did. Such as trying the itemfinder in mt moon 100 times to find Togepi, I knew it was shit but wanted to have Togepi in the old games so I could not help myself.

Way back in 2nd or 3rd grade, some friend of mine said he caught a glitch clefairy at Mt. moon that be trained to Lv. 9,999. After that, it would die.

Kids say the darndest things.

And here is another one

~That if you bred Miltank and Tauros, you would get a baby named Calfleet, and if it was male it evolved to Tauros and if female it evolved to Miltank. And Calfleet had really, really high Speed

Have I said this before?

Breed Lugia for Latios and Latias. Once you get the Eon twosome, you can no longer breed Lugia.

^ Your signature is so cute. :D

I just remembered, and I think I've said this before, but I used to think that Dratini and Dragonair were Water/Dragon. Oh, and Dragonite didn't exist.

When I was about 10, somebody convinced me that in Pokemon LeafGreen there was a place by Victory Road that let you get to Hoenn and get the Hoenn starters. I actually believed him and spent about an hour one day looking through every single nook in that area T_T

........Lololol how does that even make any SENSE? |D

Skitty's tail looks a bit like a hand...and cloyster's face kinda looks like a gastly. Since I started with sapphire, I only believed the second one, but it isn't impossible to get mixed up with these kinda things.

I used to think that if a pokemon was confused if I used a move that it had known longer it wouldn't damage itself.

I thought Clamperl evolved by leveling, so I tried forever to evolve it, it got to level 63 or so before I went on the internet, and someone told me that clamperl doesn't evolve. Then I thought it didn't evolve at all -_-" Then I started looking everywhere in Hoenn for a Gorebyss... -_-

[22:20] Alraune: I remember when I was little and I had the Blue instruction book...
[22:20] Alraune: I thought every Pokemon evolved twice, like the starters :<
[22:20] Vixietails: Aw :<
[22:20] Alraune: And there was an incomplete pokedex in the back...
[22:20] Alraune: So there was Ponyta, ?? and Slowpoke
[22:21] Alraune: I remember being sooo confused >x
[22:22] Vixietails: haha

One thing that scared the crap out of me when I was younger... Remember in R/B/Y there was that little pattern of white squares on the fifth floor of the Pokémon Tower? By the time I got to that floor, I had fought way too many creepy old ladies with gastlys, and finally I find this channeler on the fifth floor that says,

"Come, child! I sealed this space with white magic! You can rest here."

I was surprised the bleachy looking woman didn't want to fight me, but what she said had creeped me out... Come, child? creepy... White magic? What is white magic? I honestly thought that if I stepped onto this space, that witch would steal my soul. "You can rest here." Rest in peace? Would I die? Well, if one thing is certain, I didn't take any chances, so I avoided this creepy shit at all costs.

Except one day, I walked into the trap without thinking. My screen cut to a bright white.

I was panicking and thinking "OH GOD I'M DEAD, I'M DEAD!!!"

Then the screen went back to normal and said "Entered purified protected zone. Your pokémon are fully healed."

I just stared at the game for a while, thinking "What the fuck?"

Back
Top Bottom