• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Bros 4

I doubt there's going to be that many. I'd like it too but it'd be much harder to make it balanced if they did. Also I guess there's no point in them putting that much time/money into making a game when they'd sell the same amount of copies if there were fewer characters.

we're not going to have /that/ many characters. it'd take much longer to balance things out (as opposed to SNK's KOF dream match games, which already had all the source and balance as they released, so they got away with having 72 characters in a single fighting game) they simply said that we'd have no more characters than Brawl did.

counting multiple forms (ie; zelda/sheik, samus/zero suit, each of the PKMN Trainer's pokemon), there's a total of 37 characters, so i wouldn't expect more than that

EDIT: looks like Cuccos are now an assist trophy or other item of some sort
10150644_10152725297426982_10006704_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wait Melee has a lot of characters but I don't remember how many. I have never played Brawl so I can't detrmine the official count. Hmm. Maybe they might get away with 50 characters or something cause right now I think they have like 20 or so released so far.:)

In the original one there were 12, in Melee 25, and in Brawl 37. The average between SSB and Melee is 18.5. The one between Melee and Brawl is 31. The average of these averages is 24.75 which is 25 rounded up. Using math, we can determine that there will possibly be a total of 62 (!) characters.

Imagine having to beat every mode with 62 different characters to get the sodding trophy. I'm crying just thinking about it. Haven't we suffered enough?!

Pfft, I haven't even gotten every Final Smash trophy in Brawl yet.

But!

Think of all the characters! If they keep every single on from Brawl, that leaves us with 25 new fighters (announced newcomers counting)! Isn't that awesome?!

Pfft, I haven't even gotten every Final Smash trophy in Brawl yet.

But!

Think of all the characters! If they keep every single one from Brawl, that leaves us with 25 new fighters (announced newcomers counting)! Isn't that awesome?!

I hate to sound pessimistic, but I highly doubt that that many fighters are going to be returning from Brawl. And I don't think it's good to have too many of them, either -- the way it is now, basically every character save for Toon Link has a completely unique fighting style, which is the way it should be in a fighting game -- clones aren't fun, even if the way one plays Fox and Falco are extremely different, and even if they do differ in weight and agility.

Hmm. 62 is a bit high for the count. I estimate 45-50 characters this time. We will probably see Brawl's characters and the new ones coming out and the remaining characters that yet have to be unveiled

What characters from Brawl do you think won't return?

I don't think Snake'll be returning. Beyond that I can only guess. We haven't had any Earthbound characters revealed yet but I doubt they'd leave Ness out, but they might give Lucas a miss. I also don't want Wolf to return. (even if we don't get Krystal, I don't want us to have 3 Starfox characters that're all clones of each other)

Wolf is just Fox, but heavier and slower. That just doesn't cut it since it seems that you're supposed to play like Fox when you're Wolf.

I don't think they'll cut Lucas. Ness and Lucas have distinct play styles, Ness being more refined, Lucas being much more blunt and brutal (Up Smash, anyone?). I don't see anyone else, really, besides Snake being cut. I just love all the other characters so much.

They're actually going to cut Mario and he's just been in screenshots and stuff as clever misdirection.

(I mean he's just a clone of Luigi after all).

(getting this feeling people aren't actually reading my posts hahaha)

Wolf may not make it in, but not due to being a clone; he was far from being a Fox/Falco clone, especially when you consider so many of his moves were vastly different, even if largely the same in the most basic concept, as opposed to Fox and Falco having more subtle differences (ie; Falco having those few extra frames of invincibility during his evasive actions and slightly higher damage, etc)

Wolf may not make it in, but not due to being a clone; he was far from being a Fox/Falco clone, especially when you consider so many of his moves were vastly different, even if largely the same in the most basic concept, as opposed to Fox and Falco having more subtle differences (ie; Falco having those few extra frames of invincibility during his evasive actions and slightly higher damage, etc)

I know there're differences but aesthetically they're essentially the same moves, it makes it boring to play regardless of the the technicalities.

Also he even had the same final smash. We've never even seen Star Wolf use landmasters!

On the topic of Final Smashes, do you guys think any of them will be changed?

I really hope they change Landmaster (for Falco, at least).

PERSONALLY, I PREFER THE AIR

even aesthetically the moves are vastly different from Fox and Falco's, they're merely the same in concept and execution

and who knows. considering how lazy a lot of the final smashes were in Brawl, i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't change many, if any at all

Only a couple were particularly creative. Kirby's and DK's stand out.

I would love to see multiple Final Smashes. Like each character has a couple, one is randomly chosen each time you get a Smash Ball.

Only a couple were particularly creative. Kirby's and DK's stand out.

I would love to see multiple Final Smashes. Like each character has a couple, one is randomly chosen each time you get a Smash Ball.

That might be a bit annoying. What if you're Zelda and you line yourself up to shoot an arrow only for your final smash to be something completely different?
Unless I guess there's some sort of indication of which final smash you got before you use it.

Taking Zelda as an example, there could be (besides the Light Arrow) one where she'd conjure up some huge magics or something. Maybe her hands would glow. For the Light Arrow, I can't think of anything.

give each character different smashes for each of the directions you press for your specials

it would eliminate the random factor and allow you to pick which Final Smash to use depending on your situation, rather than ending up with something you don't need and not being able to use it very well to begin with (ie; Toon Link's default B would be what it was in Brawl, up+B could be his Hurricane Slash, etc)

Back
Top Bottom