• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Bros 4

If that happens, how would you make it so you don't accidentally use your Final Smash when you intended to use a special? Button combinations?

Wolf is just Fox, but heavier and slower. That just doesn't cut it since it seems that you're supposed to play like Fox when you're Wolf.

I don't think they'll cut Lucas. Ness and Lucas have distinct play styles, Ness being more refined, Lucas being much more blunt and brutal (Up Smash, anyone?). I don't see anyone else, really, besides Snake being cut. I just love all the other characters so much.

That is Falco LOLz. He is bigger than Fox and Slower too. Not sure where Wolf came from but he sounds cool cause I like characters with slow speed.:)

EDIT: Check out the updated stage on the smash bros site. Looks like the Eyeful Tower XD.:)

Last edited:
It looks like the next Nintendo Direct will be about SSB

EDIT: Check out the updated stage on the smash bros site. Looks like the Eyeful Tower XD.:)
That's because it's Lumiose City, which is based off of Paris

Oh so that is where they got the idea for Lumoise City. Well looks like they have added a Nintendo Direct page coming out next Tuesday April 8th. Go to the Smash Bros site and there is a Nintendo Direct Link already set up for that date.:)

Reminds me of the old Nintendo Power issues. Man I wish they had never cancelled that magazine XD.:)

Kalos itself is based on France. Notice most of the names and the geography of the region in general.

Anyways, when i first saw the Nester thing, I was like 'What?', but then I noticed how horrible it looked and I convinced myself there is absolutely no way Nintendo could've done that.

so, like i thought, Sheik is no longer a transformation for Zelda

they removed the forms from each character and made everyone their own unique character, and with Charizard back, this likely means we won't see Squirtle or Venusaur. at least not with Greninja around

also, dem master balls

I wonder how popular of a decision it will be to stop form changes. I'm sure some people liked transforming into ZSS or Shiek mid-battle. Though I'm glad those two made it in. Maybe it was so that people who say there aren't enough female characters can't say they don't count any more

Also I find it funny that they'll have a "No items, Fox only, Final Destination" mode. Though I'm a bit sad that the "for fun" mode was said to never be on Final Destination.

Also I love how he put in a substitute while he was talking about Pokémon :P

I think they are eliminating most form changes to make actual playable characters. This changes everything dramatically on the play field now. Expect tougher battles and a whole lot more to offer this time around.:)

The Nintendo Direct isn't loading for me. :(

Nevertheless, I heard the news, and I am freaking stoked. What if they introduce Sceptile or Grovyle as the Grass starter? Hoenn confir- *shot*

Dem pokeball mons
freakin Xerneas up in this piece

No the trainer is not coming back which is actually better because you have full control over the character rather than using the trainer. This way it is not like Pokemon and they made you as the trainer. Kind of like you having your own Pokemon this time.:)

You had full control over the Pokémon with the Trainer. All he did was change 'em. I should know about that, he's one of my mains. :P

It feels kinda weird without him, and it's a darn shame he's probably not coming back. One of my favorite brawls was setting up four Trainers and picking one of the Stadium stages.

Finished the Nintendo Direct. So amazing. The Final Smashes look much more original, now there's gonna be in-stage bosses (Ridley ftw!), and customized movesets. It's obviously going to be limited, but still. If this doesn't bolster Wii U sales, nothing will.

This begs the question: what version are you thinking of buying?

Here's a summary for the currently or permanently video incapable (although I'm relaying these from a summary myself so feel free to point out any I'm missing)

-Smash Bros for 3DS will be released this Summer; Smash Bros for WiiU will be released this Winter.
-Global online play is now divided in two modes: For Fun and For Glory.
-The For Glory mode incorporates the ancient adages of "no items, no handicap, Fox only, Final Destination" (except for the third one, thankfully). Also, there are now Final Destination versions of all stages, so you can still technically choose a stage, it's just you'd only be picking a backdrop.
-The For Fun mode goes the opposite direction, with items all around and no Final Destination whatsoever. For the most part, it's just like how global online play was in Brawl.
-You can opt to participate in online play without being anonymous, logging in with your Nintendo Network ID. Moreover, you can get temp banned for any rule violations.
-There's also some kind of scoreboard that doesn't tell you your ranking, so much as it tells you how many people are ranked below you.
-Friend matches are, naturally, back and every bit as customizable as they have been so far.
-There's a Smash Run that appears to be SSB43DS's version of a Subspace Emissary, although I really can't wrap my head around the way it's been described.
-Dr. Wily's Castle will be featuring some kind of Yellow Devil, maybe people who actually played Megaman games will know what that is. It's supposed to be some kind of "boss", and the players can damage it, and whoever lands the final blow will get it to explode on everyone else.
-There will also be other stages with "bosses" in them. This was followed with a Ridley teaser (so down it goes for people who were hoping he'd be playable, I guess)
-Returning Assist Trophies: Devil, Knuckle Joe, Saki Amamiya, Lyn (hell yes), Dr. Wright.
-New Assist Trophies: Minda, Dark Samus, Chain Chomp (I need to check that out), Elec Man, Color TV-Game 15.
-Alongside Pokéballs, there will now also be Master Balls, which contain rare Pokémon and legendaries.
-Returning Pokéball Pokémon: Electrode, Staryu, Metagross.
-New Pokéball Pokémon: Eevee, Palkia, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Kyurem, Meloetta, Fennekin, Gogoat
-Yoshi is back.
-Characters no longer transform; eg Zelda's B+Down will do something else, and Samus will keep her armor after using her Final Smash.
-On that note: Sheik and Zero Suit Samus confirmed as independent charaters. The latter has jet boots now.
-Moreover: Charizard also confirmed as an independent character. No word on Pokémon Trainer but it seems pretty unlikely that he'll be returning.
-And most importantly: GRENINJA JOINS THE SMASH
Oh, and, of course:
-Yes.

Last edited:
Finished the Nintendo Direct. So amazing. The Final Smashes look much more original, now there's gonna be in-stage bosses (Ridley ftw!), and customized movesets. It's obviously going to be limited, but still. If this doesn't bolster Wii U sales, nothing will.

This begs the question: what version are you thinking of buying?

I wonder if they had Pikachu scuffle past before you see Ridley's shadow on purpose, in reference to how Pikachu and Samus were a team in the Subspace Emissary?

That's a good question. I have no idea why I'm talking about this game since I have no intention of buying either version. I don't intend on getting a Wii U, and even if Nintendo's next console is backwards compatible, I'll just wait a little longer for SSB 5.
I won't get the 3DS version because the best part of smash bros in my opinion is the local multiplayer, and since none of my friends owns a 3DS I won't be doing that at all. Local multiplayer is best when you only have one console, anyway.

Also I find the fact that they're going to be sort of monitoring people for people who grief or AFK a lot to be a bit creepy? I mean it'll probably improve the quality of the matches for other people but it makes me feel a bit uneasy. Then again Nintendo's online stuff has always been through their own servers so it's not like we had any reason to think they couldn't do that.
(although since their Wii and DS servers are turning off in May, it would be nice if it was possible for people to host their own servers but I doubt that'll ever happen)

Don't forget the 3DS version is the only one with the Smash Run mode. I will be getting this version because I don't own a Wii U yet. But the Pokemon Trainer could control your Pokemon but the fact of being able to switch Pokemon actually took up space for a general move. Switching between characters is bad especially when your opponent is coming at you with a direct attack that could KO you with one blow. This could be why the removed the transformations for Zero Suit Seamus and Sheik. This is probably why they made them regular characters plus with the updated technology they now have more room to work with without the robbed button space to transform. On the GCN they had a lot of room in Melee but not enough space for the separate character space like they do now. This is a whole new generation for the Smash bros series XD.:)

Back
Top Bottom