• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Bros 4

Both the costumes and the equipment. Most of that shit is a breeze if you play lots of Smash Run and Classic.

I'm sorely disappointed with Fox's voice actor. Sounds like he went back through puberty.

What was the first trophy you got? Mine was Samurai Goroh.

Who else wanted to main Villager and/or Mega Man, but then played them and realized how wonky and hard to use they are and decided to main someone else? (I will learn how to use Villager...someday...)

Right now I'm mostly playing Pac-Man (sorry, PAC-MAN). I've also enjoyed Robin and Kirby, and I'm planning on trying Bowser Jr. (aka: the much cooler Koopalings and not Bowser Jr.), Mr. G+W (one of my mains in Brawl/PM), Duck Hunt, and Yoshi (who used to be my main when I first played Brawl and is apparently OP/glitchy as hell this time round).

There's also Pikachu and Bowser, my other Brawl/PM mains, along with R.O.B., my fourth Brawl main. Pikachu I've mained for 3 Smash games and a mod, so I'm giving him a break (that and he got nerfs to Thunder Jolt, Thunder, and d-smash, his three most obnoxious (and therefore fun-to-use) things.). Bowser, as we all know, gut turbo-buffed, but now I don't really feel like playing him 'cause he's too easy now. I liked him more when he sucked and only I played him. And R.O.B. I haven't unlocked yet (the only one I have left, because stupid trophy-based unlock requirement.)

I'm sorely disappointed with Fox's voice actor. Sounds like he went back through puberty.

More importantly, why'd they change Sonic's "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!" to "SONIC SPEED!!!"? It doesn't even make sense for the animation, or as a taunt in general. (Super Sonic's line got changed to "SUPER SONIC STYLE!", but that's at least as good as "Now I'll show you!").

But seriously, why is Fox an awkward twelve-year old. According to some people, it sounds more like his voice in Star Fox 64, but I don't care about Star Fox 'cause I'm not a furry jk i'm totally a furry.

Apparently mine was Blue Falcon, which is kinda weird, 'cause it's a thing from an unlockable stage.

You guys just have to get the feel of things. It is not like the Wii and GCN. The controllers are small and the screen is small + don't break your 3DS stick which I hear is happening a lot too XD.:)

I think I will probably main Sheik and Lucario in this game. Both have become stronger than they were in Brawl. Lucario's aura ability is more powerful, and Sheik just has a whole new arsenal of tricks that make her as deadly as she is fast.

Villager would probably be my next pick. I've had plenty of practice playing Villager in the demo, and their moves are really fun to use. Pocketing Mega Man's smash and sending it back at him is very satisfying.

Has anyone tried Charizard yet? If anyone has how does he play? Does he play well or is he hard to handle as well?:)

Both the costumes and the equipment. Most of that shit is a breeze if you play lots of Smash Run and Classic.

I recall trying out Fox and randomly being matched up against Kirby and two female characters. And then I started wondering who was making the annoying high-pitched noises -- I thought it'd be one of the female characters, but neither of them were anywhere near the fight and the noises were only getting more frequent. And then I realized it was coming from my own character as Kirby beat the shit out of him whilst I was distracted.

My first trophy was Glunder. It was not a nice surprise to find out that those damned things were back, although finding out that way is probably better than the more common alternative.

More importantly, why'd they change Sonic's "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!" to "SONIC SPEED!!!"? It doesn't even make sense for the animation, or as a taunt in general. (Super Sonic's line got changed to "SUPER SONIC STYLE!", but that's at least as good as "Now I'll show you!").
I guess the trolls won't find "SONIC SPEED" as amusing to spam at people. That much just about outweighs the phrase's lack of impact.

You guys just have to get the feel of things. It is not like the Wii and GCN. The controllers are small and the screen is small + don't break your 3DS stick which I hear is happening a lot too XD.:)
This might be because I haven't Smashed in years before this, but I'm actually not really a feeling a big difference. Well, that is, aside from the controller stick -- I haven't really played any actiony games on the 3DS, so I'm still getting used to moving fast on that particular stick. Also, I sincerely hope that this last bit of a sentence doesn't get spun out of context.

Villager would probably be my next pick. I've had plenty of practice playing Villager in the demo, and their moves are really fun to use. Pocketing Mega Man's smash and sending it back at him is very satisfying.
I always forget about Pocket when I'm playing as Villager, and then it's so frustrating when it hits me that I could've been using it. Likewise for a good range of new fighters with reflecting or countering moves -- I'll have to hope I won't have to play as Palutena much, for example. I guess there are two kinds of people: the ones who were meant to main Villager, and the ones who weren't.

Has anyone tried Charizard yet? If anyone has how does he play? Does he play well or is he hard to handle as well?:)
I've actually used it to clear All-Star Mode on Hard since I figured a heavyweight would do the trick more easily (this coming from a guy who would prefer to shove the controller stick up his nostrils over playing as King Dedede back in Brawl days...). I've been having no trouble whatsoever using it, although at first your muscle memory is bound to violently betray you because the B+Side isn't Rock Smash anymore (since that's B+Down now), but rather Flare Blitz, which can go hilarious wrong in all sorts of ways that you weren't counting on (although I think I've also racked up a couple KOs from those accidents, too).

Also, I should report that somebody desperately needs to take Mii Fighter creation and, most of all, snapshots away from me. Most of what I've snapshot has been a too Fire Emblem-specific kind of humour, but here's a couple that more people can enjoy.
[hide=]-Roy continues to fight for his rightful place.
-The key to mechanically powered flight is overkill, apparently.[/hide]

I've been playing for a few days now. I feel the balance between Melee/Brawl speed/feel is spot on. I've been playing as yellow (Dragonite coloured?) Charizard and red Link. I've also play a bit of Olimar, Blue Yoshi and Duck Hunt Duo. I love Flare blitz but have had a few embarassing falls from misfires earning Charizard titles such as ''Disaster Master". I want to give a few more characters a go but are not finding the time for them. I'm not going to bother with customised movesets considering they're banned online I've just made some Blizzard game inspird Mii fighters including a Footman from Warcraft, a Marine and Dark Templar from Starcraft. Smash run is fun but annoying as the final battle (or race) is randomly selected from several modes such as giant smash, flower smash, defeat as many enemies as you can and race to the highest point (jumping up) or finish (horizontal). This can make the powerups you collected become pointless depending on the mode you get. Classic mode is a bit of a joke if you get game over you still get more prizes than the amount of coins you invested plus if you die in a high difficulty if you continue the level drops (wasnt the point of choosing a higher level to be challenging?). For some reason you cant change stage and music frequency and cant access the custom modes like sudden death, giant, bunny hood etc.

I dont wanna start an argument but does anyone else think that KI:U is over represented? I know that its Sakurais game and he brought the KI franchise out of the shadows which I believe is a good thing.
but representing this franchise (particularly KI:U) there are:
3 characters (one of which has already been discussed earlier, enough said)
7 pieces of music 2 are originals ripped from the game and also have a remix which seems unecessary (I"m getting very annoyed of Wrath of the reset bomb...)
there are more smash run enemies from this game then in any other series.
A ton of items are from it as well.

And why the hell is Dr.Mario back?

All of my Complaints aside this is still a great game. I'll be taking to online within the next week.

Ps. the first trophy I got was some crappy arm/zipline thing.
Also i think the biggest addition to the game is the fact FE:A trophies have feet.

Have any of you read the trophy descriptions?

The Earthbound/Mother team wrote the trophy descriptions and some of them are hilarious.

original.jpg
tumblr_ncwpeoeNE81trqxz5o1_500.jpg
jfW76on.jpg
Also, the description for the Pokémon Trainer trophy makes a reference to the anime. Go see for yourself.

The Wii U version is coming out November 21st in NA, before anywhere else!

It's also the same day as ORAS coming out!

I'm really feeling it quite upset about how soon the Wii U version comes out, actually, because it's going to be difficult to save up an additional $300-ish to get everything (Wii U, game, special GC controler, GC adapter).

I've been maining Robin, and dabbling with Lucina/Marth, Little Mac, and Shulk. Robin is really fun to play, and I think they're really good at spacing and tricking opponents. Will I use my fully charged Thoron? Use a smash? predict your roll with a D-Smash and follow up with a Thoron? Dodge behind and pull out a Nosferatu?

A few comments, though- Thunder/Elthunder are great for interrupting charges/attempted combos, Thoron works for KOs and near-instant damage (Plus it's really hard to avoid), Arcthunder can really throw off people expecting a full charge into Thoron, Arcfire does a great job interrupting dashes and spacing, plus making you hard to approach, Elwind is great to throw off someone expecting you to grab the ledge and is just a great vertical recovery in general, and Nosferatu can really help because at high percents it heals an obscene amount of damage from behind (took me from 148% to 92%).

Everything does run out, but the only thing that doesn't charge at a fast rate is Nosferatu. I've never felt pressured with anything except for my Arcfire, which runs out really quickly. But switching things up instead of spamming Arcfires makes it seem like I don't really ever run out. I have never run out of Elwinds, or at least have never had a problem with recovery.

Smash attacks/aerials are insanely powerful and have a lot of knockback. U-air kills really quickly. For some reason I have a problem inputting a d-smash and it comes out a d-tilt, but that's probably just me. d-smash hits in both directions simultaneously, and that's great.

I have some real problems playing against Ness, Sonic, and certain Little Macs/ Rosalina and Lumas. Plus Villager has that terrible pocket and can even steal a Thoron if timed right. I've been pretty much winning dittos, though, so I feel a bit proud about that. (Although the Robins I've faced have spammed moves and then ran out, so it may have just been who I've been playing.)

Also, some really cool things- First, sometimes male Robin will comment "Reckless fool..." and female Robin "I was careless!" on KO instead of a scream. Also, if Robin beats Lucina and a certain d-pad button is pressed (I just sort of roll my finger around the d-pad right after GAME appears on screen and that usually works) They'll say a character-specific taunt towards her: male Robin says "Lucina, I hope I didn't hurt you." and female Robin "How can you protect Chrom if you can't protect yourself?"

Marth/Lucina are sort of interchangable, though I like Lucina more because it doesn't require as much precision (and therefore prediction) and she can fight in close-quarters successfully, and that caters more to how I like to play speedy characters.

Little Mac is Little Mac. Ground game is amazing, if you jump you die. ("You ain't no air fighter, Mac!") Air attacks are useless and recovery is terrible, so don't get grabbed, and if you do get grabbed, try and get back on the stage in a way that isn't too predictable. Side-B does a decent amount of damage in the air, and has just as good knockback as on the ground, but it's really predictable, as I've been punished for it in nearly every online match that I get knocked off.

Shulk is still tricky. I switch to Buster to rack up damage and then switch to Smash if I'm at a low-enough percent, and Shield if I'm at a high percent. Speed and Jump are situational, but also helpful. Using the Monado is sort of weird, as the smash attacks aren't instant, but really powerful.

Also i think the biggest addition to the game is the fact FE:A trophies have feet.

This is why I bought the game.

Is everyone ready to pay $100.00 for both or pay $40.00 for one of the games+tax? That is about how much they will cost. Hope everyone is ready. I will wait until I can get the games on 3DS XD.:)

Have any of you read the trophy descriptions?

The Earthbound/Mother team wrote the trophy descriptions and some of them are hilarious.

original.jpg
tumblr_ncwpeoeNE81trqxz5o1_500.jpg
jfW76on.jpg
Also, the description for the Pokémon Trainer trophy makes a reference to the anime. Go see for yourself.

Are the ones from the leak that happened a few months ago still in there and unchanged?

I dont wanna start an argument but does anyone else think that KI:U is over represented? I know that its Sakurais game and he brought the KI franchise out of the shadows which I believe is a good thing.
but representing this franchise (particularly KI:U) there are:
3 characters (one of which has already been discussed earlier, enough said)
7 pieces of music 2 are originals ripped from the game and also have a remix which seems unecessary (I"m getting very annoyed of Wrath of the reset bomb...)
there are more smash run enemies from this game then in any other series.
A ton of items are from it as well.
It really is. The amount of enemies from the franchise in Smash Run is just ridiculous. Not so different from the excess importance of Kirby characters in Subspace Emissary, I suppose.

That, and the difficulty select screen in Classic Mode was made to resemble that cauldron thing where you put hearts in to make the game harder. It strikes me as rather pointless in a game where subtle differences in difficulty don't matter in any way.

Oh, that explains everything.

I'm really feeling it quite upset about how soon the Wii U version comes out, actually, because it's going to be difficult to save up an additional $300-ish to get everything (Wii U, game, special GC controler, GC adapter).
For what it's worth, the 3DS can also be used as a controller for the Wii U version, far as I hear, so the GC controller may not be of too much concern. (Of course, it'd still be a better controller to Smash with, but the 3DS would have to work fine for people who have already been Smashing with it for months.)

Also, if Robin beats Lucina and a certain d-pad button is pressed (I just sort of roll my finger around the d-pad right after GAME appears on screen and that usually works) They'll say a character-specific taunt towards her: male Robin says "Lucina, I hope I didn't hurt you." and female Robin "How can you protect Chrom if you can't protect yourself?"
Yeah, I've seen some of those character-specific taunts in the voice clips. The Fire Emblem ones are mostly terrible. It's badly out of character for Lucina to be ridiculing either Marth or Ike, for one thing (specially the former).

Falco and Dark Pit have pretty good clinchers, though.

Last edited:
Why is the release date for the wiiU version so spread out?
3ds makes sense with JP first:
was 13th Sep for JP
and 3/4 Oct for AUS/EU/NA

So 3 weeks until the other versions were released.

now NA gets the wiiU version on the 21st Nov while everyone else including JP get it on the 5/6th Dec 2 weeks later?

Wasn't Sakurai saying that he hated people leaking Spoilers? Here's a tip for him to stop it: Look how recent Pokemon games have been released..

I find the biggest lol for us here in Aus is that the first lot of Amiibos are released a week earlier then the game....what the????

At least I'll get a nice 2 Weeks of ORAS though playing alongside the rest of the worlds Pokeplayers.

I wouldn't be surprised if some AUS retailer breaks the street date. It's happened before with other games (but I can't remember which).

Man I so can't wait for this game. Looks like Smash Run will be tough if you only have 5 minutes to do it and I am not fast at all. I might not get far in Smash Run XD.:)

I saw they added Dr. Mario and Dark Pit as secret characters today on the site. When I saw the shadow for the last Character I thought it was Mewtwo. XD.:)

I see Home Run Contest is back. I hope it is much easier than in Melee. I also hope 15 minute mode did not come back. That was the most annoying mode ever made for Smash Bros XD.:)

Back
Top Bottom