• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Super Smash Bros.: Conspiracy

((I imagine that, once you emerge from Crazy Hand's lair-thing, you'll see lots of wooden floor, mats resembling various terrain, and buildings. First paragraph in the OoC thread.))

Meta Knight looked up. What he saw didn't please him. In the distance, he could see a speck of shining, blue metal. I doubt this one is an ally... Most have already assembled. Either way, they were extremely exposed, and it wouldn't take long to be spotted. It seemed like a good idea to warn them. He fluttered down into the clearing below.

"An enemy is coming."

Bass growled and looked at where Saturn was. "YOU'LL REGRET YOUR WORDS, YOU BASTARD!" he screamed. And for that other... How could a stupid AI be better then I am? Bass closed his eyes and spun on his heels. "I suppose I'll look elsewhere myself," he said in a slightly more composed way. He stormed off in the direction he was facing.

Never one for subtlety, Saturn had been smashing aside a few buildings with his disembodied fists, and was making quite the display. Looking down, Mecha Sonic guessed Saturn's plan, and thought it as extremely foolish.

I'd better do something before he messes this entire operation up, he thought, jetting down toward the ancient Machine's position.

"You do realize that once they see what you're doing, they'll mobilize their forces and come at you en masse. They're like insects; one is nothing but a group is trouble."

"I'm well aware of that," Saturn said, "Why do you think I've been making such a display this whole time?"

"Fine, do what you will," Mecha Sonic said, "I'm going back to gain a better aerial view. There was something..."

Not bothering to finish his sentence, he jetted back upward and looked around, but what he had seen earlier was no longer there.

Duftmon was prowling around the building where Meta Knight once was, eyeing the congregation before him. In the hushed silence, he had heard a sole, low voice. There was a peculiar, spherical creature with a mask, cape, and sword, presumably the one who had spoke. Should I strike? He waited for one of them to make a move.

((My last post until one of the heroes respond.))

"It's really hard to explain." Phoenix said to Luigi, embarassed putting his hand behind his head.

He turned to Megaman. Phoenix was visibly sweating.

(Robots?)

Saturn had just punched by some debris from a building when he saw two things: the creature from before and a strange cloaked figure.

That creature is on my side; that much I know. But that other... I didn't see him during the meeting.

There's no use in trying to find out exactly who he is through talk... and I need the exercise anyway.

With that in mind, one of the tanks on Saturn's back opened up to reveal a missile launcher with four loaded missiles. Saturn took a moment to make sure his targeting system would be dead-on, and then he fired.

Four missiles shot out of the tank, arced up for the briefest of moments, and then accelerated down at the cloaked being.
----
Up in the air, Mecha Sonic saw the missiles arc upward before they shot back down.

So Saturn's begun his attack. It is of little surprise that he made the first strike.

The robot floated gently down to the ground, and slowly jetted toward what would soon become the battlefield.

I'd better observe, and only interfere if it seems things are going against him.

Meta Knight stepped back. Another, huge machine had appeared, targeting him. Snapping into action, he threw up his cape and vanished less than a second before missiles collided with the ground on which he had stood. Reappearing on a nearby buildingtop, he looked up to face his attacker. A moment too soon he sensed something creeping up on him. Whirling around, a thickset, metallic beast had pounced, flattening him.

Duftmon stared down at his capture. What an ugly... thing. Is it one of us? He growled in its face, "Why are you here? Are you an enemy?"

Meta Knight lay still, gazing up at it. "You are with Crazy Hand?"

"I ask of you the same."

"No. I am with neither Crazy Hand nor Master Hand."

"How is that possible?" Duftmon was incredulous. "You must have some alliance! Do you want the powerful to rule, or do you want Crazy Hand eliminated? You can't be undecided!"

"I am not. I believe that we need both gods," Meta Knight replied. "However, this violence is unnecessary. If you want to start a war, then I am not your ally."

Yuri tilted her head in curiosity.

"What's so hard to explain?", she asked of the blue-suited man, who seemed to be nervous about something.

Scanning the room again, Yuri noticed that another young man that couldn't be anymore than two years younger than her had wordlessly entered. He was dressed in a funky red outfit and carried two swords.

And who the heck is he?, she pondered.

Saturn had to give the cloaked warrior credit; very few of his opponents managed to completely avoid the initial strike.

Maybe I should take things up a little, then...

Floating upward, he readied his next attack, until he saw that creature from earlier attacking the cloaked one.

Upon hearing the words of the cloaked one, he gave the same derisive sound he had made earlier.

"How sad. You think that this can be resolved by way of nonviolent means? Crazy Hand has declared war on his counterpart. Nothing can stop the tide of battle. Not you, not any of those weak servants of Master Hand."

At this, the one of the two boosters that would technically be considered his legs flipped over, revealing a nasty-looking barrel of a cannon.

I can't necessarily attack the cloaked one without hitting that creature... and he's not yet a liability. The cloaked being possesses the power of teleportation so...

He aimed the cannon just below the two, at the roof of the building itself. Without another word, he fired.

A huge beam of energy erupted from the cannon and shot toward the roof.
----
None of this had escaped Mecha Sonic. The robot followed the battle without ever making a sound.

He's getting himself way too wound up about this. If they push him to far, he'll...

if it comes to
that attack I will interfere.

Last edited:
Meta Knight shut his eyes. There was nothing he could do the way that animal had him pinned down.

Duftmon looked up in shock and alarm. He's going to destroy the building we're on! Not a second after the thought had crossed his mind, a powerful blast sent splintered wood flying, wrecking the building and sending both the masked one and himself sprawling out onto the floor below. Reverting to his humanoid form, Duftmon got to his feet. Miraculously, his hair was fine.

Meta Knight's eyes had rolled back above his visor, badly shaken but still conscious. Getting up, he blinked away the dizziness. He would have trouble taking two opponents at once. Looking to Duftmon, who was just recovering, he decided on a plan of action. And with that, he flew at the beast knight, aiming a strike at his head.

Saturn watched as the cloaked being and the creature were struck down upon the collapse of the building. He then was astonished to see that the masked one was charging at the creature.

Well, he's probably figured out that attacking me is suicide. Even so, I was hoping he could entertain me for a while.

Maybe I should speed things along...

At these words, the tank opened up for the missiles.

No, not yet. I'll just see what happens next. If I'm lucky that creature will prove itself to be a liability and I can kill it.

Meta Knight lashed out with his sword, but Duftmon had anticipated this, blocking it with his rapier. The two continued to clash swords until Duftmon leaped back, suspending himself in the air and crying, "Black Aura Blast!"

A plume of darkness erupted from his rapier, aimed at Meta Knight. The attack had come out too quickly and too suddenly; he was struck. Meta Knight hit the ground with great force as the blast died away.

In no hurry, Duftmon strode over and stuck Meta Knight's cape with his swordtip, lifting him to eye level. "It looks like I've won."

"Hardly." His cape was gone, now replaced with leathery bat wings of the same color. Meta Knight swooped down to pick up his sword, immediately charging at Duftmon.

Mecha Sonic had watched the entire battle with silent fascination.

Whoever this warrior is, his skills are incredible. Rarely have I seen a being wield a blade as well as that one.

That warrior is not ordinary, and yet...

I can't pick up an electronic signal.

How could a warrior as skilled as that be a mere... inferior biological?

That would have to be answered later, for even as he considered this the warrior sprouted wings and charged again.

Mecha glanced at Saturn. Though he was hiding it very well, the robotic hedgehog could tell that Saturn was losing patience.

He shouldn't have to wait much longer. Sooner or later one of them will be weak enough for him to finish off... either an enemy, or a weak ally. To him, it won't matter.

As Meta Knight dive-bombed, Duftmon crouched low and became Leopard Mode, springing at his attacker. They met in the air, Duftmon latching onto his mask and landing on top of him. Immediately, Duftmon swiveled around and swung his tail, producing an energy mine with the same shape and roundness as his fluff-tipped tail. "Wolkenkratzer!" Duftmon leaped back as it detonated on contact, sending a pillar of flame shooting up.

Meta Knight struggled up, his mask having caught fire. Through narrowed eyes he could see Duftmon looming over him. This isn't working. No one has come to my aid, and that machine hasn't fired anything I could use against my other attacker. Duftmon sprang at him again, and Meta Knight lifted off with a hard flap of his wings. I need to be patient.

((Exo and I are the only ones posting. Should anyone get the chance, please post. All the characters are in one place for a reason.))

((Wait... We were here the whole time? If I knew I would've posted.))

Megaman looked around at the sound of destruction. "What was that?" he asked, turning to face where the sound came from. His eyes widened when he saw the battle and the remains of the building. He snapped out of his amazement and narrowed his eyes. "We have to go help!" he yelled before running in the direction of the battle he had spotted.

Saturn's patience had reached its end.

I think I'll hammer that warrior... yes, the hammer will do nicely.

The machine shot upward, raised one of his disembodied fists above him, and was about to send it screaming down when he caught a flash of blue.

And not the same dull blue as Mecha Sonic. This is... vibrant. Attention-demanding. Definitely not one of Crazy Hand's.

The large robot floated downward and behind some debris to where he could get a better look at the blue thing, and was surprised to find that it strongly resembled that arrogant machine from before.

Interesting. I'd better size him up.

He then struck with one of his disembodied fists; the metallic shape smashed through the debris and came barreling out at the strange blue robot

"Ack!"

Megaman formed his buster and quickly fired a shot. It didn't make much of a dent, and now he had barely and time to charge. He quickly started to charge the Mega Buster and slid to the right to dodge. He shot off another, more powerful shot.

Where did that come from?

Luigi's eyes widened as Megaman tore himself away from the overzealous Yoshi and ran single-mindedly towards the loud sound of a fight going on.

After seeing off the blue adolescent, Luigi turned around resignedly and sighed,"C'mon, Yoshi, we had-a better help..." Without looking back, the Green Plumber leaped an inordinately long distance forward, following Megaman.

Yoshi quickly followed suit, galloping after his tall friend.

Back
Top Bottom