• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Super Smash Bros.: Conspiracy

(Oh crud...it's starting.)

Phoenix came running out behind Megaman. He gasped at the number of people fighting. His sweating increased.

(No....I can't be scared now.)

He rapidly outstretched his arm and a spiky bubble formed. In the bubble was the word "OBJECTION!". Phoenix glared at his opponents.

"OBJECTION!"
he cried, as the bubble was let loose.

[That's how I'm guessing Phoenix moveset would be. Also have, groundslams {Like his deskslam} and maybe he borrows stuff from other people of the series and stuff]

Saturn was impressed by the speed of which the robot responded to the fist. He sent the retreating disembodied fist away from the beam- causing the beam to fly in between the fist and Saturn's body -before recalling it to him.

"You're impulsive," he said, emerging from the remains of the rubble that had been smashed to bits. "The average enemy first tries to figure out what caused the hammer before they respond. You responded immediately."

He slammed his fists above his head. The sound was comparable to a thick gong being struck.

"I like the impulsive enemies," he said, as the tanks behind him opened for the missile launchers, "they're more fun to toy with."

At this, he fired eight missiles combined- four from each launcher. The projectiles briefly arced up before screaming down toward the robot.
----
Mecha Sonic had not missed this. The robot had been observing the sudden retreat of Saturn, and then the new attack.

At least he's now found a new target. Even so...

he glanced at the battle between the warrior and the creature.

I'm going to throw in an unpredictable variable into this.

The right arm of Mecha Sonic flipped over to reveal a cannon. Mecha pointed the cannon at the warrior and fired.

A single missile erupted from the cannon and sped toward its target.

Luigi arrived at the scene of the battle royale, and was surprised to see the round form of... some guy. Luigi knew he had seen this demonic-looking being before; his name started with an 'N', he was sure of it... Nettle Knight? No, that wasn't it...

The unnamed form was being assaulted by some sort of robot and a vaguely mechanical-looking feline, both of whom looked rather evil...

Oh, well. Might as well join in. Swallowing his panic, Luigi backflipped with speed and attempted to land squarely on the leopard-thing's back, wanting to blind it by covering its eyes.

Yoshi similarly arrived, and promptly proffered his back to the blue person with the weird arm; this was before the green reptile noticed the evil missiles of doom heading straight towards Megaman. Unfearfully, Yoshi began shooting his tongue out at a missile, which stuck to the prehensile rope of muscle and was promptly swallowed.

Yoshi's face bulged for a moment before he swallowed; a white-and-green egg popped quickly from his nether-regions.

Wasn't Yoshi supposed to be male? Unfortunately, the blast that Mecha Sonic had shot hit Megaman square in the chest. He yelped and pointed his buster his buster at Mecha Sonic. He almost immediately lowered buster. Luigi's up there! Megaman thought. He gulped and charged. "Hope I don't hit you," he muttered before firing.
_________

In a very roundabout way, Bass had found himself where he began. He shook his head. "Brilliant move. They're all gone and you could be-" But he finally heard the battle. He grinned and ran towards it. "Finally! Some action!" He saw a familiar plasma shot head towards Mecha Sonic and he smiled even wider. "Even better!" he yelled happily.

((I've heard that the giant objection will be one of Phoenix Wright's attacks in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom if he ever gets in...))

"Ah, wait for me!", Yuri shouted as she ran in after the others.

But seeing who they were fighting, Yuri immediately knew this would be hard as ever, They've all got missiles and such, what the heck can I do?!, she thought.

The green-clad man leapt through the air at the smaller robotic-looking thing, a spiky humanoid that had just fired a missile at one of two winged beings. This world still didn't make sense.

Yuri decided to charge in at the spiked robot. She gathered her chi and aimed a haouken at it. The energy ball flew out of her fist and straight at the blue robot, but whether it would reach was unknown to her.

((You all make SE happy.))

Amongst all the violence, Meta Knight did notice one thing.

A missile.

His eyes darting from the missile to Duftmon, he took cover behind his opponent. Fortunately for him, the green plumber known as Luigi had leaped on to Duftmon's back and covered his eyes; it was perfect.

Before Duftmon could revert to his other form, the missile rammed into his side, causing him to collapse. Meta Knight sidestepped to avoid being squashed.

N-no... What happened? Duftmon thought, the only thing he was now capable of. Am I... about to be deleted? All because of that... thing?! He tried to stay conscious, fighting the paralysis that was creeping through him...

Meta Knight looked to see where the missile had come from, recognizing the metallic blue from earlier. Summoning his wings, he flew off to confront it.

((Ketsu, it was Saturn that launched those missile barrages. Mecha Sonic opened fire on Meta Knight))

By the time Mecha Sonic noted the strange energy heading right for him, it was too late.

The energy struck home, sending a disruptive pulse throughout his systems. It took several moments for him to recover from the feedback and get a bearing on his surroundings again.

When I said 'unpredictable factor', this wasn't what I meant, he thought, what could possibly have caused...

That's when he saw the winged warrior flying at him.

"I heard what you said earlier, biological," Mecha said, gathering energy in one of his palms, "about how you serve no being, and oppose a war like this. Answer me this, biological: if you oppose the war so much, then why are you fighting in it?"
----
The blast of energy actually managed to strike Saturn. The robot felt a burning jolt got through his circuits for several moments.

The robot made the same noise that he had made to Bass earlier; that same derisive noise.

"This is fun, my enemy. I haven't had this much fun in hundreds upon thousands of years."

Saturn's "legs" flipped over to reveal the same deadly cannon used earlier.

"I'm just sorry that I have to end the fun so quickly."

With that, he fired the beams from both legs; one was heading right for the blue warrior, the other was going toward that strange lizard that had swallowed one of Saturn's missiles.

"How does one stop a war when it has already begun?" Meta Knight eyed Mecha Sonic cautiously, making certain he would not attack him off-guard. "I fight now to end it sooner. And since Crazy Hand's servants are the instigators, you are my enemy." He readied his sword. "Enough words! Now we battle."

"If wish to have your existence extinguished so early..." Mecha Sonic aimed hi palm at the knight, "Then so be it!"

With that, he launched a golden sphere of energy at the warrior.

The laser beams streaked quickly towards their intended targets, one of which sadly included Yoshi.

Yoshi was in the midst of shrieking, looking around for cover, and almost urinating before common sense kicked in; He quickly got a running start and flipped, sprouting an eggshell around himself and rolling at speed away from the laser aimed at him. The saurian-creature-containing egg leaped somehow and flew in front of Megaman's laser. The beam struck the egg, shattering it, and sent Yoshi flying backwards into a wall.

Some distance away, Luigi looked puzzled. What had just happened? He was going to melt the monster's eyes out, but something had knocked him off of it, some sort of explosion...

Just to be safe, Luigi readied a green fireball and lobbed it underhanded at the creature.

Duftmon felt something burn his backside. I'm down, blast it! However, that lie-down had given him a chance to rest; he wasn't out after all. Struggling to his paws, he stood erect, morphing back into his humanoid form. The transformation had stimulated him slightly. "Ah. You're the one." He glared down at Luigi, aiming his sword. "Would you like to try me?"

Meta Knight, with one, hard flap, shot up, the energy ball passing underneath. Going into a glide, he attempted to dive-bomb the robotic hedgehog, preparing a sword strike.

He's faster than I would have expected. Few have been able to so readily dodge the energy blasts. Even so...

Mecha Sonic raised his right arm to defend himself from the warrior's slash, and even though the robot's arm was made of an incredibly hard metal- one of the hardest in his universe, the mechanical hedgehog calculated that the blade would run right through the arm if it were left unchecked.

Not that I don't have a backup plan were that to happen, Mecha thought, but I'd prefer it if my nanites didn't show up this early.

With that in mind, he pointed his left arm at the warrior, which flipped over for another cannon.

"Burn to death," Mecha Sonic snarled, and as he said this, white-hot flames were blasted from the cannon.

Meta Knight's eyes widened in alarm as he realized too late what Mecha Sonic was doing. Desperate, he threw his cape over him, even though he would not be able to teleport. No matter what other damages he sustained, he would not allow his mask to be melted. The pain from the scorch was almost unbearable. He unleashed his wings, but they were useless; dazed, he plumeted to the ground, burning.

I... will not defeated.

Flames erupted from the spiky blue robot. Yuri spun to the side instinctively, but she wasn't the target, luckily.

But she was still bothered by this, "Gah, what a bad start to this!", she shouted in exasperation.

Her opponents were metal, which did not bode well for a martial artist like Yuri. Not that it stopped her from trying, as she rushed the flame-spewing robot. At the last second, she hopped, turned away from her target, and stuck her rear end out, hoping to at least knock the robot off balance.

((Butt press!))

Luigi's eyes widened for about the billionth time that day as the quadrupedal creature shifted into something different. It now stood on two legs, for one thing... The creature was glaring at him from its imposing height, and Luigi was understandably intimidated.

Nevertheless, the put his fists up, tensing his legs in preparation for a jump. His hands burned with a thin, near-invisible coat of fire, and although his face betrayed his fear, Luigi was ready to fight.

What-?!

The strike caused Mecha Sonic's flamethrower arm to go severely off course. Before, it was moments away from killing the warrior, and now-

It was pointed straight at Mecha Sonic's face.

The mechanical hedgehog gave off a strange, eeriewail as the flames struck at his chassis, melting it until the robot managed to shut the weapon off

"How... inconvenient."

Part of Mecha Sonic's face was now nothing but melted silver liquid. moments began to pass, and the liquid began to move.

This is exactly what I didn't want to happen, Mecha Sonic said, jetting towards Saturn, And to think a strike such as that caused this to occurr!

This will not go forgotten.

Saturn looked at the reforming face of Mecha Sonic. he then turned away, giving off that same derisive noise.

"Pathetic, to say the least."

"Call it what you want," Mecha Sonic said, but these are not foes to be underestimated. If anything the previous event justified that."

Duftmon let out a scornful laugh. "What a display! Even in my weakened state, you should be no problem." He rushed the plumber, getting in close and preparing to impale him on the tip of his rapier.

Meta Knight got to his feet, having put out the flames by rolling. He soared off the ground in pursuit of Mecha Sonic, still ready to fight.

"Have you given in?" he called, noting that he had jetted away to the larger machine from before. "You haven't rid of me yet."

((And I'm done for the night, for if I post again I may drop.))

"No, I certainly haven't," mecha Sonic said, "Of course, the flamethrower and energy orbs are only a fraction of my weapons."

At this, his right arm flipped over again.

"I was designed to kill any and everything, so of course I should only be armed with the finest of weapons... including these!"

He opened fire, and dozens of bombs shot out of the barrel; each of them swarming to their target.

That target was, of course, the warrior

((I don't really know when I'm going to start with my full schedule this week, but once I do, chances are I'll only rarely be able to get onto this site via computer. I'm pretty sure that's the case sunday and monday))

Phoenix panted.

(The Court Record....)

He pulled out his trusty Court Record. He rummaged around in it 'til his hands clasped around a stone object. He pulled it out. It looked like a statue of the Thinker. he ran towards an enemy close to him and started trying to beat it over the head.

((This could have just as easily been meant for Bass, but...))

Duftmon was about to pierce the plumber's pronounced nose when he felt something jog his brains.

Thunk

He felt a dull pain in his head, though the blow had been softened considerably by his helmet, which had snapped shut over his eyes. Turning around, he saw a strange man in a business suit and hair that might have been through a wind tunnel.

"Before I proceed to slice your throat open," he began, casual, "I'd like to know what made you do that."
---
Meta Knight, doing the only thing possible, wrapped himself in his cape and reappeared behind Mecha Sonic, attempting to grab him in mid-air and send them both plummeting to the ground.

((This is an impossible scenario in the games, of course. However, Suplex Slam seems like it could be performed already airborne.
Also, though I have been snowed-in for the past week, once Monday is over (Presidents' Day means no school by default), I will likely be returning to school, which means less TCoD for SE. On school nights I may get on anywhere from 6pm-8pm until 10:30 at the latest (EST), and possibly in the mornings around late 6am and early 7am.))

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom