• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Super Smash Bros.: Conspiracy

"Yoshi!" Megaman cried worriedly before returning to the fight. Right. I can't get-

"Megaman!"

Megaman turned to the voice. The owner had a very familiar buster aimed at him.

"B-bass?" he said. "Bass, now's not really the ti-"

"Tough rocks!" Bass yelled shooting off several rapid-fire shots. Megaman managed to dodge a couple of them, but one slammed him right in the chest. Megaman quickly retaliated, but, like what had happened to him, only one shot hit. Megaman quickly fired two uncharged shots at Mecha Sonic once again before turning to the battle with his rival.

((I'm in the same boat as SE, but I'll probably be able to post more around 3:30 pm and in the mornings, depending on when I get up and how much homework I have.))

As Yuri rubbed her butt, understandably sore from striking hard metal, she watched as the robot's half-melted face began to rearrange itself.

"Well I knew this wouldn't be easy, but this just isn't fair!", she cursed.

At that point, the spiky robot fired a series of missiles and bombs, luckily not aimed at Yuri. She shielded herself and looked in the general direction of the assault. But nobody was there. Her view flipped back to the robot. Seeing a short, round shape behind it, Yuri aimed a haouken at the robot.

Mecha Sonic wasn't able to stop the warrior from grabbing him, fast as he was.

But as the warrior began to lift the two into the air, Mecha Sonic activated his jets, and flames even hotter than those of his flamethrower blasted out of the robot's back.

Let's see you lift me any further when I'm the one doing the flying
----
Meanwhile, on the ground, Saturn observed the airborne scene

I must admit, that is impressive. Certainly I would never have thought of making that strategy of the warrior's backfire.

Of course, I would never have-

His thoughts were interrupted by the sight of a beam of energy shooting toward him. Originally intended for Mecha Sonic, the energy blast had continued in a straight line after its target had shot upward.

And Saturn was directly in its line of fire.

The blast struck Saturn just below his glowing ring. The robot felt a stronger surge of energy flare through him, and almost stopped floating.

Almost.

"You... are starting to make me angry," he snarled, bringing both fists to bear, "Let me show you the hammer of my fury!"

With that, he sent both of his disembodied fists at the attacker

Last edited:
Megaman quickly jumped out of the way one fist only to land directly in the path of the other. It slammed into him and sent him flying away, into a nearby building. He smacked against it and fell to the ground. The fist continued to fly into the building and he barely managed to roll away before debris fell onto his leg, trapping him. He started firing at the debris, desperately trying to clear the debris away.

Meanwhile, Bass and spun around to glare at Saturn. "What gives?" he asked, angry. "The blueberry is my kill!"

Meta Knight kicked off of his opponent, putting distance between himself and the jets. I need to get in close again. Going back into a glide, Meta Knight launched himself towards Mecha Sonic, ready to slash his eye. Perhaps I need to stop being fancy.

((Saturn's attack was originally intended for Yuri, but I should have posted that earlier. I'll fix that right now.))

Mecha Sonic shot upward, avoiding the slash which would have blinded him.

Perhaps I should try a more direct approach...

He then jetted forward until he was directly above the warrior, and then simply cut off his jets.
----
"Because he deserves death by a more worthy opponent. Observe, machine."

Saturn's glowing ring disappeared, and his chest expanded slightly as the glowing circle in the middle became a cannon.

"Begone, weak-"

A second attack, again intended for Mecha Sonic, struck Saturn. Another surge of energy rushed through him, once again causing him to drop.

"Another one? Mecha Sonic was right, beings like you are insects."

He aimed his chest cannon at the second attacker.

"Die, you little rat!"

A larger beam of energy blasted from the chest cannon and shot at the second attacker.

Meta Knight had not expected this. The spiked robot slammed into him from above, jarring him and send him downward. Before he could reach the ground, he began flapping hard and fast. Thrusting his sword in the air, he planned on meeting Mecha Sonic in the middle with the tip of his blade, though unsure of whether it could penetrate.

Large fists came flying at Yuri. She jumped instinctively, but both seemed to fly in a somewhat different direction, another target. Before she could breath a sigh of relief, though, a large blast of energy came hurdling at Yuri. She raised her hands and channeled more chi into a shield. As the beam struck, though, it was quite obvious that her saifa could not withstand all of it. Yuri was thrown back and landed on her butt.

"Owowow...", Yuri got up, slowly.

Under some strain, she ran backwards towards the rubble of a nearby building. The exhausting work of fighting an enemy without exhaustion was starting to catch up to her. Keeping her gaze forward, Yuri tripped and almost fell over a loose piece of debris, but caught herself. A rapid sound could be heard. Yuri turned to see the blue guy with a... gun arm?, from before, his leg trapped under rubble.

"Hang on!", Yuri told him, as she began to try and move some of the debris away.

Mecha Sonic reactivated his jets and flew to the roof of another building.

I need to draw him closer, and I need him down here for my next attack. All I have to do is bait him...

His right arm flipped over for another weapon barrel. Aiming it at the warrior, he opened fire with the machine gun.
----
Saturn recalled his fists to him, and watched as the female went to help the blue machine.

"All of my targets in one place. How convenient."

He then sent his fists at the two.

"You can't save the machine and yourself, female," he made the derisive noise, "What's it going to be, weaklings?"

Last edited:
Meta Knight caught sight of the barrel moments before the machine gun let loose, allowing him time to backflip and gain height. Narrowly dodging the bullets, he continued on his present course and began to do some barrel rolls, eventually spinning so fast that the world around him was a blur, sword outstretched. However, he still had a vague sense of where his opponent was, trying to bowl into Mecha Sonic.

((Drill Rush is fail. However, it is fun to depict.))

Bass growled low in his throat. "I SAID THAT NO ONE KILLS THE BLUEBERRY BUT ME!" he screamed, turning his buster to the one of the fists and shooting rapidly.

Megaman charged his buster as much as he could in the timeframe he had.

"Duck!" he warned Yuri before shooting the other fist.

The fists, sent off-course by the shots, slammed into each other and then retreated to Saturn.

"You really are a stubborn one, machine. Is it because you are so weak that you cannot defeat that blue robot? Allow me to show you, then..."

Both tanks of missiles opened

"Allow me to show you true power..."

The "legs" flipped up

"Let me show you exactly what can be used to kill weaklings like them..."

Missiles and energy beams erupted from their respective cannons, shooting at the blue robot and the female.
----
On the rooftop, Mecha Sonic slammed his knee down as the warrior charged. At this pressure trigger, a compartment opened in the knee, and a long blade shot out of the knee and swung end-over-end at the knight.

It was at this point that he saw Saturn's attacks beginning to ramp up in intensity.

He's getting closer and closer to that attack. If it comes to that... we'll all die.

((Why does Bass call him a "blueberry?" Do I want to know?
I mean, Meta Knight is more like a blueberry than anyone there.))

Sensing something hurtling towards him, Meta Knight quickly swerved upward, losing his momentum and causing him to break out of the spin. Falling, he caught the edge of the rooftop on which Mecha Sonic stood. From there he leaped up and went to deal three slashes to the machine's face.

((If this battle goes on longer, Saturn may have the right idea. I mean it; maybe we can use this to further the plot.))

((Because Rock is the Blue Bomber and Bass needed an annoying nickname. Plus it's an old fanfiction thing that lodged itself in my head canon. *not an excuse at all.))

"...Weak? I'LL SHOW YOU WEAK!" Bass yelled shooting his buster as fast as he could.

What does this bastard know about fighting Megaman? What does he know about me? Nothing, that's what. Bass turned and shot at Saturn. "You know nothing," he growled.

Megaman was mirroring what Bass was doing (although with far less yelling), but he couldn't stop the energy blasts from hitting him. Thankfully, a few lucky shots freed his leg and he tried to stand up. Unfortunately, he fell down because the debris had broken his leg.

If only I wasn't in a battle right now...

Last edited:
Mecha Sonic couldn't stop the slashes, as they came at such blinding speed.

The robot jumped backward after the third slash, and took aim with his missile launcher.

I need to wrap this up quick; it seems clear that Saturn is close to losing his composure. If he goes into the...

No, I can't think about that.

Mecha Sonic opened fire, and this time, two missiles came out of the cannon, each homing at Meta Knight.
----
The combined energy attacks were clearly beginning to take a toll on Saturn. The Robot could feel that at this rate, these weak fools could...

actually beat him

Can't let that happen. I need to push things up even further.

On that note, the robot swung his disembodied lower body at the blue robot, while having his fists poised at the black one. Both tanks opened, the missiles aimed at their respective targets.

"If you cannot comprehend my own strength..." he snarled, "then I will show you almost every last piece of it."

With that, he attacked, firing four missiles and the energy beams at the female and blue robot, and sending both of his fists and four missiles at the black one.

((No, this wouldn't be his Final Smash. His Final Smash is the attack Mecha's convinced will kill them all.

Also, this will probably be my last post for a while; it might be for the day, I don't really know.))

Last edited:
((One has to ask.))

In response, Meta Knight raised his sword over his head, spinning rapidly and forming a tornado of golden energy around him. Detonating the missiles, he attempted to sweep into Mecha Sonic.

((I've played the game recently, and yet I can't remember if Mach Tornado works on all projectiles. I think I've seen it disarm Samus' missiles...))

Yuri crouched upon the blue robot's urging. More blasts flew overhead. There was a notable crash, and Yuri looked up to see the fists retreating to the main body. The legs of the main body then opened up, and opened fire. More beams and missiles flew in her general direction. Yuri rolled away, hoping that dividing the fire would be hard for the robot. Explosions rocked her, and one too close sent Yuri flying.

Another round came, and quickly Yuri put her hands together and used saifa to deflect at least some of the damage. This time, she was merely pushed back, luckily. Gathering more energy, Yuri charged the strongest energy attack of the Kyokugenryu style, the haoh shou kouken. After a short moment, Yuri fired a notably larger energy blast at her attacker.

((Alright, I don't know how much mroe I can post today. I'll be driving back up to college today, and then my regular schedule starts tomorrow. I'll probably be hanging out with friends a lot or studying, but I'll try and find some time, mostly on Thursday and Friday.))

Bass was hit by the missiles and he was blown back. The shock of the blast made his buster arm become his normal arm again. Shit! he thought. But then the fists hit each other by a blast that wasn't his. "What the...?" He looked over and Megaman was crawling closer to him.

"I'm just returning the favor," Megaman told him. Bass scoffed.

"This doesn't change anything, you know." Megaman smiled.

"Just like those other times, right?" he said smugly. Bass rolled his eyes and shakily got up.

"C'mon, idiot," he said grabbing Megaman by the waist and charging forwards with him. Bass formed his buster again and started shooting at Saturn. Megaman, after recovering from the shock of Bass directly helping anybody (but especially him) followed suit, but making sure to charge his shots to get more power behind them.

Seeing his chance, brought about by that 'lawyer, Phoenix, Luigi jumped at it, literally. The plumber crouched, his head and torso tilted towards Duftmon. His mustachioed face screwed up in concentration...

Luigi blasted forward with great force, his head pointed straight at the knightly creature.

((Green Missile))

Duftmon whirled around, only to be struck in the chest by a flying green plumber. Off balance, he fell on his bottom, Luigi landing in his lap. Slipping out from under him, he crouched on all fours, changing into Leopard Mode. He sprang, lashing out with his heavy forepaws.

Back
Top Bottom