• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Mafia for TCoD - Game Thread

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
Master Hand and Crazy Hand are a tad bored. Smash per se is great and all, but it's also been out for half a month, and it's all they ever play. At some point you get tired of just fighting, or just getting your ass kicked by Kid Icarus: Uprising enemies for five minutes straight. So, Master Hand decided to come up with a slightly different Smash...

-----

How to Play Super Smash Mafia
-All players have a running damage counter. The higher it is, the easier it is for an attack to KO the player. All players will be informed of their damage counter at the end of each night, along with any other usual night events.
-Most of the active powers in this game -- referred to mostly as moves or attacks -- deal damage to players, and many of them also launch players.
-A player who is launched offstage is liable to being KO'd. Any move that launches a player it all is liable to KO a player, although a launch only leads to a KO if the launched player is under a minimum threshold of damage. The amount of damage needed for a KO varies both with the strength of the move's launch and the character's weight.
-Characters in this game can be lightweights, midweights or heavyweights. For all intents and purposes, two characters in the same category have the exact same weight, even if that's not necessarily true in the games.
-Additionally, even if that's not necessarily true in the games, any attack that both deals damage and launches players will deal damage first and then launch based on the damage counter after the attack deals damage.
-Most players will have at least one recovery move. When a recovery move is used, the threshold of damage needed for a launch to lead into a KO is increased, making the recovering player harder to KO.
-Whether a launch successfully leads to a KO is only accounted for at the end of the night, so recovery works even if you're launched well before you can use your recovery move.
-At the beginning of each night, all players will automatically heal up to 5% damage.
-At the beginning of each night starting with Night One, a Smash Ball will randomly be assigned to a player. A player who has a Smash Ball can unleash their Final Smash that Night if they so wish. Final Smashes are always the very first action accounted for in the Night, so it's very difficult to prevent them from activating or going through. A player who has the Smash Ball can opt not to use their Final Smash, but Smash Balls are not stored -- choosing not to use a Final Smash in the specific Night that you have it means forfeiting the Final Smash altogether (unless you really luck out and snag another Smash Ball).

Good luck, and I really hope I balanced this properly.

It took Crazy Hand a bit to wrap its chaotic mind around the rather strict rules of this new kind of Smash, but ultimately, they both got right into it, explaining the rules to the trophies that they respectively controlled.

None of the fighters was knocked offstage just yet, but they already sought to find if any of them was working for the wrong hand, so to say.

As soon as they settle in a neat formation to begin debating, however, a voice could be heard:
I'm really feeling it!

Baffled, the fighters looked around, but could find none who ostensibly said it. Who could it be? Ah, well, there were more important issues at hand.

No one has been defeated.

48 hours for discussion.

esoxhd.png

That should be Shulk's voice. But where is Shulk? None of us is Shulk, are we?

I'm a bit too lazy and don't have enough time, but also, would someone mind constructing a character list?

Character list:
I liek Squirtles- Ludwig von Koopa
RespectTheBlade- Robin
Visitor Message- Sheik
Wargle- Captain Falcon
Zero Moment- Ganondorf
hopeandjoy- Mega Man
Eifie- Lucina
Dazel- Greninja
Superbird- Bowser
Mai- Villager
Light- Dark Pit (I assume this is some kind of Gray Pit?)
Phantom- Link
Butterfree- Charizard (retro mascots, right there)

Somebody's really feeling it... I would say Lucina somehow did something, but there's zero evidence otherwise.

I assume this is being played on Final Destination?

Hmm. Maybe Pocket? That's the only thing I can think of, and that doesn't really store voices or anything like that.

Unless it's Shulk time.

(Lucina and Shulk are on the for glory 1v1 tab, though. )

Shit. Forgot to use an action. But I am at 0% damage though, so that's good.

If this game is anything like Smash, it's unlikely someone would get KO'd on the first night. Who took the most damage?

I basically know nothing about Smash... (no, I don't know why I'm here either.) So I guess I'm even more clueless about the effects my actions would have on their greater scheme of the game than most people. And about what to actually expect from this game, really. idk man.

I'm still at zero, which is good, I suppose.

The unfortunate part of me being in this game is that I know nothing about Fire Emblem. So someone will have to explain that part to me. :I

Still at 0%.

The mafia probably forgot to send in a night action, which is probably why no one is hurt, as far as we know.

Is any character capable of copying anything?

maybe, just maybe, MF will join the battle under Shulk.

Show me ya moves, sucka!

Yea, I'm at a goose egg. Who knows what's going on? I hope no mega MF death combo like two games ago. I'm always afraid of those.

Oh yeah, I'm also at 0%, hooray. I wonder how many people actually targeted other people on the first night when apparently most players have a recovery move. :o

Somebody's really feeling it... I would say Lucina somehow did something, but there's zero evidence otherwise.

I assume this is being played on Final Destination?

Could it be a taunt or something? Why Lucina?

... I don't have the game (yet?), so I'm somewhat clueless. 0% here, too.

Someone was playing Smash on the bus tonight! I now know that there's still a big white hand!!

Someone was playing Smash on the bus tonight! I now know that there's still a big white hand!!
BIG WHITE HAND hands it over!

In other news, I'm upset that Bowser Jr. and associates now have an official splash line that isn't the same one I came up with for ILS's PM.

Back
Top Bottom