• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Mafia for TCoD - Game Thread

MF, can you confirm whether or not your character has any effect on your role? (I'm assuming not.)
I did do a fair share of tinkering after the roles were rolled, but the essentials of the roles were assigned randomly.

Link is still steadfastly convinced that Ganondorf is a threat to all peace and time. "Eaaa! Haaa!" He speaks to the crowd, but it's no use; the Smashers continue immobile.

No one was lynched.

48 hours for night actions.

Mai has the Smash Ball!

The first thing that the Smashers do when they meet again is to do a quick headcount; to their relief, none are missing, other than the still unaccounted for Sheik. That loss remains tragic, but the fighters must press on.

However, the full bench is not enough to shake the dreadful feeling that this battle is starting to get hot and dangerous -- and of course, the mysterious voice continues to mockingly echo:
I'm really chilling it!

Despite any difficulties they may be about to face, however, the remaining players must keep their cool if they are to survive and, more to the point, win.

No one has been defeated.

48 hours for discussion.

2r73fc6.png

Ouch.

Okay, something happened for us both to take the same amount of damage. Was the smash ball used?

Right, so I got the update on who targeted me.

Wargle, Light and Eifie targeted me last night. At once. It was obviously a gang up, so I'm thinking the mafia wants me really, really dead at this point. So... explain. All of you.

I took 30% damage too, and I didn't use my final smash.

If Wargle, Light, and Eifie targeted you, Phantom, maybe one of them used an arena attack of some sort?

Right, I wasn't here game-yesterday because I was in England and had no internet on my laptop when I thought I would. Sorry about that.

This also meant I didn't use a night action last night, even though I could have, because I'm a backup that gets movesets based on people who die (this is also why I didn't have a night action N0).

I took damage not only last night but the night before; I was at 25% after N1 and am now at 70% (so I took 45% damage tonight).

It's looking like some sort of mass damage thing was used, but the ganging up on Phantom looks mighty suspicious, so I'd think that's the first thread we should pull.

Um, actually I was bodyguarding Phantom, which clearly failed so I guess I took that 30% damage + 15% for targeting Phantom?

I started out at 10% and ended at 40%, meaning I took 30% last night. Bowser is a heavyweight, and I used my recovery, so I don't feel like I'm in any serious danger, but something's clearly going on here.

Let's assume Eifie is bodyguard, as she claims. I hypothesize that her bodyguarding night action is Lucina's down special -- a counter, that has a chance of failing because the timing for it is very precise. I think it's also likely that Phantom used her recovery last night (up special, spin attack) which most likely works the same way as my recovery in that it deals damage to anyone who targets her. If Eifie was targeted separately, as I predict, that would make sense for what happened between them last night.

Can you both confirm that, perhaps?

So is there anyone who /didn't/ take damage last night? It seems like everyone took 30% last night, at least, so we can probably assume there's someone with a hit-all attack (quite possibly single-use) in the Mafia.

The person with that attack would have to be either Wargle or Light, then. You should both explain yourselves.

Actually, I don't think I was targeted separately. The damage I took adds up. Either there was an un-counter-able attack-everyone thing, in which case my bodyguarding didn't fail but just has no effect on those (so I was damaged normally), or for some reason I wasn't targeted by the 30% thing but took the damage only because I tried to protect Phantom. (You're correct about the down special counter thing, by the way. I have no idea if this is obvious because idk smash.)

It's looking like recovery doesn't affect the 30% thing, like it's just flat damage?

I have a a grab attack that can be used to tell tje truth value of one statement. It does a minisule amount of damage according to MF. The statement I used was:

"ZM is mafia", which returned a "can't do that, try again." so i went with "I took damage again last night." Which came back as strongly true.

I also took 45% damage. Not worth imo.

I have a a grab attack that can be used to tell tje truth value of one statement. It does a minisule amount of damage according to MF. The statement I used was:

"ZM is mafia", which returned a "can't do that, try again." so i went with "I took damage again last night." Which came back as strongly true.

I also took 45% damage. Not worth imo.
Given that you took more than 30% damage, it looks like my counter was successful after all... great.

Wait, no. 30% + 15% for targeting Phantom makes complete since sense. So where did that supposed miniscule amount of damage go?

I took 30% damage last night after using my recovery move, Hydro Pump. So I think it's flat damage? This is the first night I've taken damage, for clarification.

I don't know where my damage went, all I know is my move went through. According to the pm, the damage and knockback are so small that it would only ko at ridiculously high percentages

Back
Top Bottom