• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Take a Number Mafia

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
Yep.

In this game you are the random generator. You assign your role.

Well, sort of.

Every player must post at LEAST two different role ideas, one innocent, one mafia. Behind the scenes I will assign each role number(s). When sign ups are done you will pick a number 1-?, and that will be your role. (You'll be updated on the exact numbers once the sign ups are done, and yes I will post the number list post game)

Vanilla roles will also be tossed in with roles.

Since this will be very random there will be a very good chance that mafia will outnumber the innocents. Remember to make your roles useful, yet creative.

This is not a new player's sort of mafia, experienced players requested. Must have completed at least one game of mafia in the past to play, or by the GM's consent.

NEED TO KNOWS:
  • Your number will be sent to the GM via PM ONLY.
  • Should you request a number that has already been selected you will be asked to select another.
  • The GM retains the right to deny any role offered and require a replacement.
  • Should the numbers either cause a) Less than two innocents b) no mafia c) no innocents d)unreasonable amount of vanilla, the number selection will be done over again with a new set of numbers.
RULES:
  1. Out of thread communication is ALLOWED WITH GM SUPERVISION. This means I will require transcripts as you communicate.​
  2. Inactivity. If you have a role and don't use it for two consecutive nights you will be modkilled.​
  3. 3 Abstains.​
  4. Actions not sent in WILL NOT HAPPEN, same with votes.​
  5. Phases will last ABOUT 48 hours (give or take, we aren't all perfect, nor have ready internet access). This is more than enough time to get online and send in your vote/night action. Extensions will be 24 hours each and will be given as needed at the GM's discretion.​
  6. You MAY NOT post/quote/screen cap your role PM.​
  7. NO NIGHT OR DEAD POSTING. You were warned.​
I am a seasoned GM, so you can trust that I will not allow this to die.

Should it become inactive it's entirely due to player unwillingness to continue. Otherwise, I can, and will make myself the winner, which is awesome and very sad.

Last edited:
If there's more Mafia then Townies at the start, can we turn this around to the Townies trying to (secretly) kill the Mafia? That would be awesome.
(roles coming later)

... Yeah. I don't think so. It would still be the same game, really, if you look at it.

(and you didn't join)

Nexus - Actions targeted at them will be redirected to a random player.

Spy - Can send anonymous messages to a role.

Doctor - Can protect another player from being killed at night.

Bomber - Can pass eir bomb to another player. The bomb has a 10% chance of exploding and can be passed from player to player each night.

Paranoid Cop - Can investigate one player at night to find out eir alignment, but always gets a "Mafia" result.

Naive Cop - Can investigate one player at night to find out eir alignment, but always gets an "Innocent" result.

Paranoid Cop - Can investigate one player at night to find out eir alignment, but always gets a "Mafia" result.

Naive Cop - Can investigate one player at night to find out eir alignment, but always gets an "Innocent" result.

no, bad allergies
bastardizing this mafia is no good

Nexus - Actions targeted at them will be redirected to a random player.

Spy - Can send anonymous messages to a role.

Which is mafia and which is innocent? I assume the spy is mafia?

Doctor - Can protect another player from being killed at night.

Bomber - Can pass eir bomb to another player. The bomb has a 10% chance of exploding and can be passed from player to player each night.

Cool. In.

I'm sorry you didn't follow the instructions and I can't accept these roles.

First, ZM is right, we don't need this turning into too much of a bastard mafia.

Second, I needed both on INNOCENT role and one MAFIA role.

Try again.

right then

Cop: Can investigate one player at night to find out eir alignment.

(Mafia) Roleblocker: Can prevent one player's night action from being performed every night. Mafia-aligned.

This sounds fun.

Vigilante (townie)- Can choose one player to lynch, this power can be used once.
Scout (Mafia)- Can research one person's role a night. They do not know who the Mafiosi are, but their investigations are reported to the Mafia. They remain anonymous to the Mafia.

I want in.

One-shot Strongman (Mafia)- He can kill one person. This kill cannot be blocked in any way; however, this power can only be used once. The player then reverts to a normal mafia goon.

Vengeful (Town)- WHen lynched, can kill one player.

(Innocent) Agent: can send anonymous messages to any player (as opposed to role), but cannot use this player's name in their messages.

(Mafia) Trigger-Happy Kamikaze: can take someone out during the day phase by typing "Asplode" in bold.

Governor (innocent): can prevent a lynch from occurring by secretly PMing the GM. This can be used twice during the game, but not on the player themselves.

Framer (Mafia): Chooses one player every night to frame. If they are investigated, they will be shown as Mafia.

Lawyer (innocent): Votes count double, but vote is ignored if it is the last one. In other words, this player is a doublevoter, but cannot cast the last vote against a player (or to abstain).

...and since it hasn't actually been introduced here yet...

Mafia Don (mafia): Can kill one player per night, no restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom