• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of the Fanclub

I'm thinking ToS2 comes out on the eleventh. Which is Tuesday... Ah joy. My mommy's getting it for me. <3

I wonder if I can use a classic controller for it... I hate using the Wii remote & nunchuk. >_<

Guyyyyys. D= Help. I'm doing a New Game+, and I'm stuck on
Kuchinawa
. I'd leave him 'til later in the game, but I don't know when the last chance to fight him is (does anyone know?), and I'm afraid I'll miss it like I did on my first playthrough. Any tips for how to beat him? Sheena is level 51 right now, and I have her equipped with Black Onyx (+30% HP) and Guardian Symbol (+10% Def).

D: Gosh, I really wish I could be more help with these things, Salamander, but I *still* haven't gotten around to a proper replay and totally don't remember what I did to beat him. Um, all I remember is spamming Sheena's life-draining seal like what. I know that the second time I left Sheena on autopilot... I'm honestly not sure why, but it worked within one or two tries. I'm sure you'd rather do it yourself, as I normally would, but at least it's there to fall back on if you get desperate. That or grinding, as I also don't remember what level I was around then, either.

ToS2 finally came... but I told myself I wouldn't so much as remove the shrinkwrap until I hit 50,000 words on NaNo/November ended, whichever comes first. DAMN YOU LACK OF MOTIVATION TO WRITE

DAMN YOU TO HELL

ToS2 has been received very poorly by Japanese critics; so far from what I've read the main complaints are linearity, audio, and visuals. Looks like Namco didn't give the developers a huge budget, which sucks. =/ I'll still try it eventually, but I'm content with 100%-ing Vesperia for now.

Salamander: Sheena's broken if used properly. Spam Cyclone Seal and run under him when he jumps up.

That... kind of sucks. D: I'm still going to be all over ToS2 as soon as I get it, but... hm. Oh, well, should still be quite fun.

And thanks. I'll try spamming Cyclone and Life Seals once I have them both, then. Plus, I now have paper money for her. Fwee.

I've made a decision:
either Zelos decides that he likes me and wants to be my best friend, or he dies. Yeah, I don't take rejection well. =/
The problem is, everyone's my soulmate now except Regal (even... Presea, somehow? o.o), so I'm not sure who my top three are. (I have a guess, though... and it doesn't include the person I want.)

Urgh, don't say anything about good or bad reviews until I've had a chance to play for myself, I can never get them out of my thoughts when I'm trying to form my own opinion D:

I...never beat Kuchinawa. I'm so ashamed. ;_;

I just got ToS2 today, so I don't really have much to say about it yet. Except everytime Emil talks I think of Guy from Abyss, cos they have the same voice actor. But you knew that...
Also, I very much dislike Lloyd's new voice. It's just not him... :(

Zelos loves me, Kuchinawa is defeated and I have a million new costumes~ Could life get any better? =D I have now moved on to hating
Abyssion
's guts, not because he seems like he'd be all that difficult if I actually remembered to bring Life Bottles but because he lost me about an hour of save data. Ick. Maybe I'll just settle for beating
Kratos
half to death with paper fans instead.

Lloyd has a new voice actor? D= But I liked his voice already.

In other news, my brother has decided that Remiel is the head of an unknown conspiracy -- when pressed for details, he explained that if he knew what it was about it wouldn't be unknown -- and that Sheena's homeland uses the souls of their slain enemies as a power source. Go figure.

Abyssion
is much easier if you use an All-Divide. He'll die more slowly, but at least you'll have a chance to actually get around to doing damage.

Exactly what I was planning to do~ :D All-Divides are a wonderful invention especially when you're down to one character and no Life Bottles and have 10000 HP to go

EDIT: Um. What I said about him being easy with some Life Bottles and a couple All-Divides? You can kind of just forget I said that, m'kay? Dx

Last edited:
I love Abyssion! He is so so much fun! xD
I always fight him right before I go to the final battle~

Has anyone done the Niflheim sidequest? I think that's what it's called... That place really pisses me off.

Remiel probably really is the head of an unknown conspiracy... My sister likes to make this stuffed dog we have do scary things and she says that it's possessed by Remiel. :D

He is not! D; He is made of pure evil. ...actually, that's probably technically correct. o.o

No idea what it is... how does one trigger this sidequest? c=

...seriously? Heh, and I thought my brother was crazy for making Remiel into one of my favorite characters.

No idea what it is... how does one trigger this sidequest? c=

After you find the Sacred Stone/Soul Stone (silly interchangeable names) in Vinheim, go to the Sybak library and inspect this wonky-looking book on the bottom of one of the shelves. Talk to one of the researchers (don't remember which), then go to Heimdall and speak to a green-haired elf near the elder's house or someplace. After that, you should be able to go back to the wonky book and enter Niflheim. I'm fairly sure that's it.

Niflheim is fun. It's pretty much the only place I can grind levels without getting bored. Which seems counter-intuitive given how repetitive the place itself is, but I don't care. As a matter of fact, I've never even finished it properly. Even when I did the quick rush-finish of the game I left it open; when I go back to the slightly older save file to finish it properly I'll probably close Niflheim, but only like, right before the final boss. As long as you don't get stuck with a string of crap enemies on the floors (and finding the good ones isn't that hard), it's pretty decent for experience.

Hm... okay. Will do.

In other news, I beat
Abyssion!
Raine + Zelos + Regal = healing overdose... I didn't even run out of gels by the end of the battle. For a while there, though, it was a pretty close fight to see which would run out first, his TP or his HP.

Sooo... when do my Devil's Arms start getting supersuperstrong? ^^;

Well, technically, Raine's is already her strongest, considering she needs her intelligence stat boosted instead of strength...meaning that Genis's is already useless. However, for everybody else, each kill they make counts for a little more strength...*Points to Iselia on world map* TO MOOCHVILLE!

Totally didn't notice that. *equips it* Awesome.

Can anyone offer some advice for the second fight with Sheena? My brother's really stuck on it. He's going after the guardian first, using items when needed, and setting everyone who can to 'Heal', so I'm not sure why he keeps losing. He's tried using both Lloyd/Colette/Kratos/Genis and Lloyd/Colette/Kratos/Raine (I think he's doing a little better with Genis, though). It's kind of an annoying fight, since you have to fight the guardian of the seal first and don't get a chance to save. I didn't have any trouble on it my first time, so I'm really not sure what's going wrong here. Help?

I always go for Sheena first... But that's just me. And I always use Lloyd/Kratos/Genis/Raine~

Niflheim would've been okay if I hadn't said "yes" when it asked if I wanted to return to the beginning or whatever it said... >_>

He says he'll give U. Attacks, and possibly playing as Colette (so she doesn't DIE) a try. Thanks for the help~ (I wish he'd let me play Lloyd for him... D:)

Also, I think I found the best thing on deviantArt. Period. (Super spoilers for Disc 2! =O)

Back
Top Bottom