• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tarot Mafia

Vote Totals:
IndigoEmmy (5) (Mist1422, JackPK, Zero Moment, mewtini, Keldeo)
Butterfree (1) (M&F)
(abstain) (1) (Mr. Ultracool)

kyeugh votes Herbe (#462)
M&F votes mewtini (#464)
RedneckPhoenix votes Stryke (#469)
Stryke votes RedneckPhoenix (#495)
Mr. Ultracool votes RedneckPhoenix (#507)
RedneckPhoenix votes for Herbe (#552)
Stryke unvotes (#558)
Mist1422 votes IndigoEmmy (#584)
Herbe votes Stryke (#607)
kyeugh votes RedneckPhoenix (#629)
M&F votes RedneckPhoenix (#634)
JackPK votes RedneckPhoenix (#683)
Mr. Ultracool votes abstain (#710)
M&F votes Butterfree (#749)
Butterfree votes M&F (#769)
Butterfree unvotes (#770)
Keldeo votes IndigoEmmy (#798)
M&F votes IndigoEmmy (#801)
mewtini votes IndigoEmmy (#822)
JackPK votes IndigoEmmy (#826)
mewtini unvotes (#830)
Zero Moment votes IndigoEmmy (#849)
M&F votes for Butterfree (#852)

Keldeo votes Butterfree (#860)
mewtini votes IndigoEmmy (#864)
Keldeo votes IndigoEmmy (#876)

If any votes are wrong or missing, you have 10 minutes to alert me to them.

As all hell broke loose on the streets of Mondeville, a mob of Arcanites surrounded a young woman who they suspected of treason. As their knives descended, the woman's cries for help quickly came to an end.

Vicar Merato saw the scene unfold in slow motion, almost as if time itself had stopped. "No!" he cried out as the town guards ushered him to safety. "Stop this! Oh, serpent have mercy, what in the world have you done?"

IndigoEmmy is dead. She was not mafia.

Night Two has started. Please send in your night actions. Day Three will begin July 11th at 4PM EDT (UTC-4:00).

N0
rari_teh
was killed. She was not mafia.

D1
Trebek
was killed. He was mafia.

N1
Seshas
was killed. They were not mafia.
kokorico was killed. E was not mafia.

D2
Herbe
was killed. He was not mafia.
RedneckPhoenix was killed. He was mafia.
kyeugh was killed. She was not mafia.
IndigoEmmy was killed. She was not mafia.

Part Three: The Reaper's Wake

CjXY0Il.png

"Yesterday may have been the darkest day in our town's proud history, but I swear to you, here and now, the light of justice will usher in a new dawn." Lady Myranda announced from the podium. "Were it not for the interference of terrorists and outsiders... the gods would have surely seen fit that the culprits were revealed."

In the town square of Mondeville, the crowd of Arcanites had gathered, their numbers noticeably smaller than yesterday. The town watch was out in full force, and had formed a ring around the perimeter to keep an eye on any suspicious individuals. Vicar Merato sat on the raised platform next to several other political and religious leaders. As he leaned forward to rest his arms on the bench, he looked out into the crowd and spied his attendant. There's Dod. I'm surprised his family made it out here today. Any sane person would have stayed at home after that bloodbath.

"...and with yet another tragic loss in our community, we can spare no time in seeking out and eliminating these vile criminals." the woman continued. "Vicar Merato, if you would please begin the proceedings."

The vicar took a deep swig of his wine and rose from his seat. "Thank you, Lady Myranda." he called out, raising a set of cards above his head for all to see. "Now... let us start with a reading."

M&F is dead. She was not mafia.

You may now post and discuss who to lynch today. Day Three will end July 13th at 4PM EDT (UTC-4:00).

N0
rari_teh

D1
Trebek
was killed. He was mafia.

N1
Seshas
was killed. They were not mafia.
kokorico was killed. E was not mafia.

D2
Herbe
was killed. He was not mafia.
RedneckPhoenix was killed. He was mafia.
kyeugh was killed. She was not mafia.
IndigoEmmy was killed. She was not mafia.

N2
M&F

Mampersand F to pay respects. It's a tough situation, but we can do this!

Mechanical stuff -

@storm, what did you do last night?

@Mist1422, what did you ask last night? Where are you thinking about going now that Emmy flipped town?

@Stryke, I forgot to ask yesterday, can you repeat all the results you've gotten so far? If you said what you got on night 1, I don't remember.

@Zero Moment, I'm confused about how your role works. Could you try to explain more?

Did anyone get an item?

i healed MF :’D
Weirdness tbh. This would indicate to me that if mewtini's town, mafia might have lucked(?) into blocking her n1 when she healed Seshas, then blocked her again tonight to stop MF from being able to get another check. But if that's the case about n1, I couldn't have simultaneously been blocked from getting an item from Mr. Ultracool, unless like, koko was exactly a jailer and targeted me, or something.

If my spreadsheet is correct, the only people claiming roles that could even get items (if Ultracool's role works the way he says it does) are @storm @mewtini and @Keldeo. Did any of you get items? (I know Keldeo you've said you didn't get one in a previous night when you tried, but did you try again? It's unclear to me whether your inability to get one before was due to blocking/etc or some side effect of your own role)

Another question I'm wondering while looking at the spreadsheet, Keldeo, is the "another ability" you mention in #799 still something you think is not useful to claim at this point?

i didn’t

my working theory right now is a bypass or something n1 to kick seshas down, because i think having blocked me would have been kind of dumb luck

No, I didn't get an item last night either. Hum.

storm/Mr. Ultracool aren't mafia partners, because if they were, storm would have just claimed to have gotten like a doublevote or something.

I guess I could claim my other ability but maybe later today.

Just checking my math - if Mist's information is right, there were 10 town at the start of night 1. If all 6 people who flipped "not mafia" after that were town, then, there'd be 4 town / 5 non-town alive right now.

So it has to be that there is a third party alive right now (and so there are probably 4 town, 4 mafia, and this third party), or one of the people who flipped "not mafia" was a third party (and so there are 5 town and 4 mafia). Otherwise, mafia would already have won, right?

Just checking my math - if Mist's information is right, there were 10 town at the start of night 1. If all 6 people who flipped "not mafia" after that were town, then, there'd be 4 town / 5 non-town alive right now.

So it has to be that there is a third party alive right now (and so there are probably 4 town, 4 mafia, and this third party), or one of the people who flipped "not mafia" was a third party (and so there are 5 town and 4 mafia). Otherwise, mafia would already have won, right?
I think the only useful thing in this is that mafia would have known, by their starting numbers, that there existed non-ingroup non-town, and therefore they knew that a town Mist would have been telling the truth.

Back
Top Bottom