• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tarot Mafia

iirc, the two situations that I laid out were either I got roleblocked on night 1 or otherwise stopped from visiting him, which seemed like a distinct possibility, or he was just lying.
What was specifically pinging me was the way that you claimed to have targeted Ultracool again, and that oh hmm if mewtini got blocked that's weird because that means Ultracool can't also have been blocked, without actually going from there to "wait, this means Ultracool is almost definitely lying". But I guess actually your claim is you never visited Ultracool N1 in the first place so your entire post about how this is extra weird was just you trying to keep up the theater until you got an answer out of Stryke?

If he's mafia, I'd think his partners have claimed non-targeting abilities, to Stryke's point about no one supporting his claim in that way.
I guess, but in that case Ultracool is basically just an item-generating machine for the mafia (because they'd know from the start that they can target him for items) which strikes me as a pretty weird mechanic? Unless it's like, outgroup Ultracool who wants the mafia to target him and therefore claimed publicly D1.

iirc, the two situations that I laid out were either I got roleblocked on night 1 or otherwise stopped from visiting him, which seemed like a distinct possibility, or he was just lying.
What was specifically pinging me was the way that you claimed to have targeted Ultracool again, and that oh hmm if mewtini got blocked that's weird because that means Ultracool can't also have been blocked, without actually going from there to "wait, this means Ultracool is almost definitely lying". But I guess actually your claim is you never visited Ultracool N1 in the first place so your entire post about how this is extra weird was just you trying to keep up the theater until you got an answer out of Stryke?
If you're talking about the posts at SOD toDay, yeah, I was trying to keep up the theater. I visited Ultracool n1 (two nights ago) and visited Stryke n2 (last night). The quote refers to situations I believe I laid out yesterDay (day 2).

I still have no idea what happened night 1. I guess one simple solution would be just Ultracool is lying (and the mafia got a lucky break blocking mewtini or used a strongman), and another would be the mafia using a strongman and I was blocked (with the roleblocker targeting mewtini n2 to prevent her from healing MF). However, the latter wouldn't resolve storm's claim that they didn't receive anything from him, which I think anti-aligns storm and UC.

That's badly phrased, sorry. I don't know. I mean if clearing (ZM and) mewt is correct I have maybe a 2/3 chance to be right anyway.

I don't know really what team Butterfree would be on. I was wondering about Jack/Butterfree w/w where they planned to have similar roles they'll counterclaim. It seems kind of weird, though. So it'd be like Butterfree/[three of Stryke/storm/Jack/Mist]?

Non-Butterfree teams, uh, I think Ultracool/Mist/Stryke/x could be possible based on Mist and Stryke defending... where x I think has to be Jack because I really do feel like storm and Butterfree would both defend him rather than do what they have been.

Reasons Ultracool could be town:
- Mist claims town item giver is a thing, I also think town item giver has to be a thing because of my role, and Wheel of Fortune makes sense
- there's like one team that works with him unless one of my clears is wrong or there's some weird bussing going on
- early claim is risky, leads to weirdness if the role is not proven (this is probably a self-defeating reason because, well, now there is a lack of proof and I'm still looking at this reason)

Reasons Ultracool could be mafia:
- no proof of his role, no one got items (visited by me n1, storm n2)
- little / shade-y posting
- Trebek encouraged TRing him but not visiting, could make sense in a goon UC world

@JackPK random question, sorry if you already answered, could you use your governor ability to stop the yeet on yourself if you were the leading wagon?

my new meds are kicking my ass so uh. I will try to follow this thread but if I end up sleeping through end of day, sorry in advance!!!

If town item giver is a thing, and your claim of item thief is true, then there are literally only a couple of town players in the game that could even in theory get these items that two separate roles are built around. I just don’t think that makes a lot of sense? Like, maybe this is just a total troll game, but it really seems weird to design it like that. Add the fact multiple people have targeted Ultracool and still no items have shown up, and this just seems like a really elaborate house of cards with zero actual evidence for any of it.

That does open the question of, y’know, what would the mafia’s goal be in doing... any of this. Why have this whole scheme of claims about items backing each other up except they themselves undermine it by saying they didn’t get any items from Ultracool. And that legitimately is pretty weird and my theories on the reason involve a bunch of WIFOM, I admit. Part of it is just I think the mafia doing this sort of scheme to confuse people and appear to disassociate each other would be really fun; I’ll just be kind of disappointed if this item stuff was actually legit and the mafia have just kind of been flying under the radar.

My vote for Butterfree to get sent to Cats jail was real lol

I'm kermitflailing.gif and have no confidence in anything but if her power is real and she is mafia, she would be able to save any partner but herself... I think? Although so would Jack, so it's possible that is moot. :|

Would be great to get more votes on the board here, otherwise mafia could just vote anyone right at EOD and force the yeet onto a town.

@JackPK random question, sorry if you already answered, could you use your governor ability to stop the yeet on yourself if you were the leading wagon?
It wasn't specified one way or the other in my initial role PM, so I had assumed I could, but then I asked VM and he clarified I can't.

Oof I am so confused today. I think Keldeo and Butterfree are my most suspicious reads at the moment, but they are probably not w/w because if they were, they would presumably prefer to cast aspersions on a townie rather than do a bunch of wolf theater right before deadline and risk accidentally forming w/w wagons?

I really don't know who looks better/worse to me and I need to ISO in the next two hours before deadline. Per Keldeo's logic going into EOD yesterday, I'd think I'd rather we try to build up a single wagon rather than competing ones (so mafia can't suddenly throw the vote to the other wagon at the last minute), so since the wagon so far is Butterfree I'll place my vote there too for now pending my ISOs.

Would be great to get more votes on the board here, otherwise mafia could just vote anyone right at EOD and force the yeet onto a town.
In the interest of preventing that, I'll

abstain

for now.
I don't think abstaining helps us at this point! Based on the numbers Mist has oracle'd for us, our best guess is that we're either in LyLo or MyLo right now, so abstaining might automatically throw the game to the mafia :frown:

Oh those posts didn't load.

Hrmmm.

Butterfree (3) - Keldeo, Stryke, Jack
abstain (1) - Mr. U
not voting (5) - storm, mewtini, Zero Moment, Mist1422, Butterfree

Ugh, I've been rereading D1 and Ultracool's entrance still just sounds so sincere. Damn it stop knocking over my house of cards >:/

On the other hand, I just got to Trebek defending Jack pretty hard in #210, so with that and the admittedly weird role conflict, I guess fine, I'm going to park on JackPK for now.

Back
Top Bottom