• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tarot Mafia

am not caught up but i am simply here to say >:/ about the policy lynch suggestion, even IF ultracool hadn’t said the thing quoted above me it’s like ... :||| particularly when it seems like MF townleans ultracool?

ugh sorry guys for continuing to be quiet!! yesterday and today have not been very good days for feeling functional, so I think I am actually allergic to mafia,

I don't want to say anything too stupid or obvious, but couldn't we... ask to have one person visit ultracool at night, to try and confirm that his role is what he says it is? or if not that then at least not lynch him today! I'm nervous about his claiming so early but if he's telling the truth it seems like the most reasonable way to help town

I really can't say much about reads because. everyone seems like they know what they're doing and a lot of people here (MF, mewtini, herbe) just naturally have online tones that make me think "friend!!!" automatically

(also I have been on this forum since like... pre-2010, it is so hard to be in a game with butterfree. it's butterfree!! Instant Trust and Respect)

i don’t have anything useful to add but i’m pretty much mindmelding with keldeo. getting weird vibes from koko’s argument here, particularly the bit about it being mental acrobatics to assume uc is telling the truth, but i’m thinking maybe it’s similar to the thing where e got excited about eir keldeo read and jumped the gun on it. policy lynching uc seems unwise to me.

A bit tired but Re: ultracool's role
As long as we discourage townies from visiting him, we can put a watcher on him and force the mafia to justify themselves
They almost certainly won't gamble on there not being a watcher

ask to have one person visit ultracool at night, to try and confirm that his role is what he says it is?
the trouble is that not everyone can visit and in order to do this we’d have to out someone who can (i.e. probably a power role), but the direction is good.
A bit tired but Re: ultracool's role
As long as we discourage townies from visiting him, we can put a watcher on him and force the mafia to justify themselves
They almost certainly won't gamble on there not being a watcher
this is a good plan tbh.

I really can't say much about reads because. everyone seems like they know what they're doing and a lot of people here (MF, mewtini, herbe) just naturally have online tones that make me think "friend!!!" automatically

(also I have been on this forum since like... pre-2010, it is so hard to be in a game with butterfree. it's butterfree!! Instant Trust and Respect)
Understandable
I think the first way to get past the trust barrier (which is painful in sorts) is to complete a game and see who the people who were mafia felt like in retrospect

M&F is probably even more town (I'd need to check back on their TvT game, but) for the PL suggestion
since that seems especially risky, it depends on whether M&F would make that move as wolf, which I'm leaning no

I'm still of the opinion that what happens with mechanics stays with mechanics, but then where does that leave us for the vote today? idk and hopefully I'll decide by tomorrow

I don't have much to add that hasn't been said already, but I'm definitely not vibing with the policy lynch suggestion (also mindmeld with kyeugh about the risk of outing a power role, which I was going to point out until I scrolled further down and saw she already had)

I think it'd be helpful at this stage in the day if people placed some votes! Even if you're not sure about where to vote, you can always change it later.

I guess I'm being a bit hypocritical here because I actually have zero idea where I want to vote. I suppose I didn't like kokorico jumping on Ultracool but I thought eir VM grocery list thing was hilarious. I'll revisit things later tonight.
I agree with this! I want to be able to play the Confident Keldeo Pressuring To Get Info game like you do, but I too have no idea where to vote.

I think for now I'm most inclined to want to pressure-vote Mist to try to ask about why their vote is parked on Seshas from a joke post... but I already brought that up in my long reads post and Mist doesn't appear to have been on since then, so I don't think pressure-voting there would accomplish anything at this moment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the trouble is that not everyone can visit and in order to do this we’d have to out someone who can (i.e. probably a power role), but the direction is good.
But doesn't a Shenanigans- Round usually equate to an abundance of PRs, anyways?

But doesn't a Shenanigans- Round usually equate to an abundance of PRs, anyways?
Even if we assume everyone or almost everyone has a power role bc of shenanigans (plus just bc it's the typical meta for tcodf), that still doesn't mean every power role has a night action.

Even if we assume everyone or almost everyone has a power role bc of shenanigans (plus just bc it's the typical meta for tcodf), that still doesn't mean every power role has a night action.
yeah i would not equate more power roles with a higher willingness to reveal role info

thank you for the kind words storm! i always dreamed of being one of those types of ppl on tcodf, hehehe

anyway! i think I'm gonna try to keep yall on your toes about figuring out my meta. let's switch it up! it's just my experimental phase, mom~
jackpk. i might go to sleep and wake up in time to change it before EoD, might not

Back
Top Bottom