• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tarot Mafia

hm hm hm... idrk, i don't love the jack wagon and none of the other ones are particularly calling my name either. i think i'm gonna park on seshas. no super strong reason, i've just been getting vaguely disingenuous vibes that i can't quite artiuclate from them, and it seems like maybe other people have too? i honestly don't really care that much who gets lynched today because i think it's pretty much a crapshoot no matter what but this feels like as good a place as any to me.

tbh at the risk of using bad logic, this makes me slightly lean townreading rnp. I know past games' rands have no impact on this game's rand but I still feel like rnp has gone out of his way so much to mess with stryke as town in the past, that him messing with stryke again feels towny for him. I really don't want us to eventually yeet town!him for a third game in a row for acting the way he always acts
i disagree, i don’t think it really says anything about his alignment at all. he’d almost surely be doing this as scum as well
I agree that the fact he's continuing the rivalry isn't inherently AI in itself, but I do think he might be able to do it slightly more effectively as mafia. Like, Stryke didn't die N0, and despite the vote RNP hasn't really been actively trying to build up a wagon - surely that counts for something.
i don’t really think so. he doesn’t actually hate stryke’s guts, the rivalry thing is just a weird meme. i don’t see him convincing the rest of the scumteam to gun stryke down n0 for haha lol meemz and i wouldn’t expect him to stick his neck out orchestrating some kind of actual wagon against him d1 either. i’m fairly certain this means nothing.
i would absolutely believe both happening but I agree that it probably means nothing

tbh at the risk of using bad logic, this makes me slightly lean townreading rnp. I know past games' rands have no impact on this game's rand but I still feel like rnp has gone out of his way so much to mess with stryke as town in the past, that him messing with stryke again feels towny for him. I really don't want us to eventually yeet town!him for a third game in a row for acting the way he always acts
i disagree, i don’t think it really says anything about his alignment at all. he’d almost surely be doing this as scum as well
I agree that the fact he's continuing the rivalry isn't inherently AI in itself, but I do think he might be able to do it slightly more effectively as mafia. Like, Stryke didn't die N0, and despite the vote RNP hasn't really been actively trying to build up a wagon - surely that counts for something.
i don’t really think so. he doesn’t actually hate stryke’s guts, the rivalry thing is just a weird meme. i don’t see him convincing the rest of the scumteam to gun stryke down n0 for haha lol meemz and i wouldn’t expect him to stick his neck out orchestrating some kind of actual wagon against him d1 either. i’m fairly certain this means nothing.
hmm, fair point I suppose, I kind of posted without thinking it through all the way

but either way I don't think I could get behind a wagon on either of them if it was based on nothing more than this

i think that this is fully NAI, but agree on that last sentence lol

as a sidenote i think this may be the game where i FINALLY back off on wagoning him because i feel so bad for fucking him over multiple times in tcodfia.,
hmmmmm.... if nothing else, I feel like getting a public alignment check on Trebek might be pretty useful in terms of orienting our reads of others? so sure, might as well
mrmrmr infolynching

Could you elaborate on Seshas feeling disingenuous, Skylar?

I like Jack’s response to the pressure in that he seems to be like... actively holding himself back from votes, rather than looking for a target? I know I was like anticipating reasonable posting if and when he came back so perhaps confirmation biasing lol

ugh this is the kind of EoD that makes me want to abstain, but i really shouldn’t

what i should do is actually figure out the votecount bc i totally forgot lmao

i will unvote for now tho, i’m starting to come back around on the whole koko thing :p

kyeugh, koko, Mist: good points all of you re: rnp/stryke. I hadn't considered I might be jumping to conclusions v!reading him, I revise my vibes back to neutral

---

Trebek ISO, mostly am no thoughts-head-empty about him but

i think the spreadsheet is NAI mostly bc i’m worried about the possible scenario where w!koko uses the spreadsheet to draw lines in the sand/divide town into factions over this UC business
I do want to save this quote to keep in mind and see how I feel about it after I ISO koko in a moment

feeling weird about seshas for i think reasons similar to skylar - on tone she's reading a bit less ... genuinely helpful than normal? but i think it's also me going "sounds different than i'm used to. hmmm. fear" and i've always been afraid of seshas' wolfgame because i think she'd be pretty deeply capable there. at the same time i'm also fearful because if she's town i think she would be a huge d1 loss :'))

I seem to remember IndigoEmmy also being like “put my vote on the most popular person” in either TVTropes or Cats (as town)? It might just be a thing she does regardless of anything but I wanted to point it out

i don't really want to go for koko because i think i'm tonereading em as town and maybe it's dumb but i like the spreadsheet thing for now, though i see trebek's point

I seem to remember IndigoEmmy also being like “put my vote on the most popular person” in either TVTropes or Cats (as town)? It might just be a thing she does regardless of anything but I wanted to point it out
yep, she did it a lot in tropes, like almost every time she voted

Could you elaborate on Seshas feeling disingenuous, Skylar?
would if i could, but i'm not really sure what it is honestly, which is why i'm not really trying to build up some compelling case here. it just feels :| to me. i guess i either just don't understand or outright disagree with most of the stuff they're posting. their reads list looks pretty close to mine but like, upside down. overall i think i have some kind of reservation about voting on anyone else but voting here just feels fine i guess.

i don't really want to go for koko because i think i'm tonereading em as town and maybe it's dumb but i like the spreadsheet thing for now, though i see trebek's point
yeah, i kept it at NAI bc i liked it but was also scared of it :p

i can also see where trebek is coming from fwiw, i was vaguely pinged by the ultracool discussion... but i'm willing to give koko the benefit of the doubt for now, i think it could be coming from town. since trebek has said that he's trying to play a more aggressive game, though, i can see why he might not be as willing to do that.

i also really did not like koko's comment about ultracool but i don't know if i'm willing to vote on it, though if the tides turned there i'd understand tbh. my perception of koko's towngame now is that e makes a fair number of paranoia/off-kilter reads so i'm wondering if the uc thing was symptomatic of that

juggling koko ISO (brb with that soon) and checking new posts inthread, but does anyone have an up-to-date vote count?

I am here but. mostly afraid of voting! I feel like every post is "that's good reasoning -" "that is ALSO good reasoning" and I have no real reads or vibes of my own to go on yet ;;

Back
Top Bottom