• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Teh LOLcat Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don't like LOLcats (not like I'm sure what exactly the point is but still)?

Get over it
Other people do
Feel free to explain why you don't like them, but don't just say something is an 'abomination' or similar without justifying it.

did i ask for anyone's smart-ass opinions

seriously guys, say what's so "abomination" and "gross" about them

you're acting like the "cool" kids that's calling pokemon "gay" for no reason

cat macros are cool
lolcats are fucking dumb
the :downs: text is terrible
half of the ones that could work work well without captions anyway
half of the ones that don't work just don't work and it has nothing to do with the awful execution

the text is rarely funny and ruining a perfectly good image is dumb. it's why I can't read failblog.

ALSO
<Zhorken> it's okay if the caption has a couple of childish mistakes on kittens ("am I sophistamacated yet" --monocle kitty)
<Zhorken> if they work well
<Zhorken> but

ALSO ALSO this is worse than usual because it's entirely text

i tried to read that site and now i've got forrest gump's iq thanks a lot you jerks

i guess i'll go bang robin wright penn and fish for shrimp now

yes, my post only has 'gross' on it; that is the thing I felt after having read parts of the site.

I said 'vee should explain himself' because I am fairly sure my opinions mirror his, and he is much better at explaining things than I am! also he's like twice as cool.

So you don't like LOLcats (not like I'm sure what exactly the point is but still)?

Get over it
so you don't like my complaining?

get over it lololol

did i ask for anyone's smart-ass opinions
do not worry they are free of charge

seriously guys, say what's so "abomination" and "gross" about them

you're acting like the "cool" kids that's calling pokemon "gay" for no reason
they took a perfectly good and adorable meme, caturday, and ruined it. now it is fucking impossible to find a cute picture of a cat with or without a witty caption any more, because some idiot will be sure to show up and plaster a caption -- ANY caption -- on it in broken English, merely to perpetuate the meme. they don't understand why the language was broken in the first place or that it's not meant to be done constantly. there is no effort, there is no thought, there is no humor.

it's the same thing with motivational posters and failblog. you're supposed to either enhance or create humor with a clever caption, not just slap on the first thing that comes to mind because it's the cool thing to do.

it's cargo cult creativity. "someone else put text on this cat and it was funny, so if I do it too I'll be funny!" it's offensive that anyone thinks merely rendering text as gibberish will make it funny, and it's infuriating that the Web is swamped with this awful garbage and celebrated by masses of people with no taste. it's like the whole Web turned into thirteen-year-olds obsessed with monkey cheese, going around proclaiming their Random Whatever of Doom, not because it's actually funny or clever, but because everyone else is doing it and it's common knowledge that this should be funny and clever.

at least stupid youtube memes stay on youtube for the most part.

there is that good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom