• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
2v2 Single
Set Style/50% Cap/1 Week DQ
Banned:
Attract, OHKOs, Direct Healing
Arena: Generation Limit - Area 5

This arena is a vast metal dome nestled alongside four similar domes, all visibly identical aside from the large numbers painted above the door, with small circles painted different colours ringing it, this one bearing black and white.

It is an impressive bit of technology, the inside smooth and chrome, aside from the bottom, where the arena itself sits. The floor is packed dirt, about three feet deep, with a round pond about ten feet across and five feet deep sitting in the centre. There are foot-tall smooth rocks ringing it, buried about halfway. There are rings of shining metal supporting the retractable roof, which moves aside to allow weather moves and other attacks, such as thunder and draco meteor. A strange, triangular device is set in the walls on each end of the arena, giving of gentle energy pulses - these are the Generation Limiters.

This arena is set to Generation Limit 5 - as such, a Pokemon may only use moves that it learns in Unova by any means. (Black and White, and including Black & White 2 if any movepool changes are announced before/during this battle, and also including event and dream world moves.)

2v2 Single
Set Style/50% Cap/1 Week DQ
Banned:
Attract, OHKOs, Direct Healing
Arena: Generation Limit - Area 5

This arena is a vast metal dome nestled alongside four similar domes, all visibly identical aside from the large numbers painted above the door, with small circles painted different colours ringing it, this one bearing black and white.

It is an impressive bit of technology, the inside smooth and chrome, aside from the bottom, where the arena itself sits. The floor is packed dirt, about three feet deep, with a round pond about ten feet across and five feet deep sitting in the centre. There are foot-tall smooth rocks ringing it, buried about halfway. There are rings of shining metal supporting the retractable roof, which moves aside to allow weather moves and other attacks, such as thunder and draco meteor. A strange, triangular device is set in the walls on each end of the arena, giving of gentle energy pulses - these are the Generation Limiters.

This arena is set to Generation Limit 5 - as such, a Pokemon may only use moves that it learns in Unova by any means. (Black and White, and including Black & White 2 if any movepool changes are announced before/during this battle, and also including event and dream world moves.)
No one wants to take this?
Fine, I will.

Okay, another referee test battle. This one's for Derpy. That means I need one experienced referee and one person to battle them.

As usual, someone who hasn't gotten a chance to battle yet is preferred as the opponent, but if nobody fitting that description doesn't show up within a couple days, it's fair game for anybody. No reserves.

2vs2 Single
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for either participant.

I'll drop the challenge I posted that was vs. Ky'oril to do this one against Derpy, as my first battle. I'm not a fan of the idea I'd done as much as I thought, so, yeah. That ok?

You don't have to drop it if you don't want to; the question is whether you've been in a battle before, not whether you have any other active challenges going.

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/pokémon
Arena: Truffula Tree Forest

Strange trees had started to grow rapidly on the outskirts of Asber, drawing all from their usual humdrum activities to see the beautiful oddity that has sprung up overnight. The tufts from the top of the tree look to be as soft, if not even softer, than silk and with a odd light scent that could be described as butterfly milk. Such a beauty it held with a air of peace hanging in the hang, as if apart from the world entirely.

So of course people have decided to take battles out here not thinking of the damage they could cause. But little did they know there was a being that watched and was ready to let them know what they and the trees wanted to say.

Effects: Pretty basic, with the only catch being that any move that harms or cuts down a tree will result in the swift wrath of a tiny orange Celebi strangely enough sporting a impressive mustache, causing the offending pokemon 5% untyped damage and leave them with the effects of Intimidate for 5 actions. It does not stack but the duration can be renewed when harming another tree.

3vs3 single

Strange trees had started to grow rapidly on the outskirts of Asber, drawing all from their usual humdrum activities to see the beautiful oddity that has sprung up overnight. The tufts from the top of the tree look to be as soft, if not even softer, than silk and with a odd light scent that could be described as butterfly milk. Such a beauty it held with a air of peace hanging in the hang, as if apart from the world entirely.

So of course people have decided to take battles out here not thinking of the damage they could cause. But little did they know there was a being that watched and was ready to let them know what they and the trees wanted to say.

Effects: Pretty basic, with the only catch being that any move that harms or cuts down a tree will result in the swift wrath of a tiny orange Celebi strangely enough sporting a impressive mustache, causing the offending pokemon 5% untyped damage and leave them with the effects of Intimidate for 5 actions. It does not stack but the duration can be renewed when harming another tree.

I haven't done ASB in a really long time (still signed up though) but...

I'M TAKING THIS

3vs3 single

Guess what movie Moony just saw~ (me too, for that matter, haha)

Challenge Accepted.

Sure, I'd be fine with that...

Sweet. Sunflower said she's cool with it too (She's sitting right next to me...seriously. She's right there. I can poke her) So this is all set I guess

we wish to clarify: do you mean triple in the sense of three-way, rather than triple as in the battle style?

I'm meaning the one where there are three trainers. Why do you ask.

well, you had three trainers and a 3v3 battle, and you said triple.

triple historically means three players and canonically means three per player.

there is something of an ambiguity.

Trying this again because I can.

3 vs 3 single
Style: Set
Damage Cap: 50%
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healers
Arena: Route 1

Exactly what it says on the tin. The battle takes place in a grassy field just off to the side of the route itself. There are trees scattered here and there, and there's a pond nearby that can be used for water attacks. Also, for some reason Professor Oak is wandering around nearby, and there is a 10% chance at the end of each round that he will show up and praise one of the Pokemon for its battling, causing a random stat to be raised by 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom