• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Darkest Hour (halfway through plot)

Re: The Darkest Hour- REMADE!

Grin laughed. "It means they're a bunch-a sissy, prissy, tea-time, girly-girls!" He slapped his knee and half expected the girls to hit him.

Grin walked down a random path. "Right-O! Follow me, and you shall see, the only path, for you and me!" He talked nervously, because he had no idea where to go.

Eh, let's just hope we come across Darkrai soon...

Onko was second in line. "Be quiet!" She whispered. "Would you rather run into the army sooner, when we're more vulnerable?"

Manmuu followed Onko and grunted. "We should be quiet," he whispered.

"Well, I guess just because I'm strong enough to take down legions of Pokemon doesn't mean everone can... I'm just too strong!" Grin bragged and chuckled, exaggerating, of course.

He led them through a series of passages, until reaching a large door in a random hallway. "I think I recognize this as Darkrai's Throne Room. Inside this door, we will find some elite guards, and Darkrai himself. Or, it's a trap. We'll see."

Grin smiled and held up a thumbs-up to his friends.

Suddenly, Pokemon fell from the ceiling. "That's your cue, everyone!" Onko called.
The Pokemon were Ghost- and Dark-types; the army was made up of Sableye, Spiritomb, Shiftry, Weavile, Mismagius, and Froslass. Onko swiped one away and pulled the door open, slamming it closed in front of a Weavile, who landed on its face.
"Darkrai," Onko said to the black figure, "Have you been waiting for me?"

Manmuu swung his head back and forth, as if refusing a question. This at least intimidated the army. One Sableye grabbed onto his tusk, with more following. The Mamoswine shook his head violently, flinging the Sableye to the walls.
Then, he faced a Froslass. She was pretty, but on Darkrai's side. Manmuu hurled a Mud Bomb at her face, making her shriek eerily while floating around in circles. She sent Ice Shards in every direction. Manmuu was an Ice-type, so he charged through the blizzard and pinned the Froslsass to the wall between his two tusks.

Kester leaped to the side to avoid a trio of Shiftry from landing on him, landing against the wall. Before they could gather themselves, he spat out a Flamethrower, setting their leaves on fire, providing some breathing room while he turned to the next target. Seeing Manmuu fling the Sableye, he fired off a Thunder Wave in their direction, locking up their muscles and preventing them from rising. Once again, he turned to the Shiftry, which had seemed to have extinguished themselves somehow.

Before they could recuperate, he flew at the one close to him and brought his claws down on its neck, the X-Scissor slicing clean through. He did the same for the next one, but as he landed, the third sent a punishing cloud of Razor Leaves at him, striking him over and over and drawing blood. His eyes narrowed, and before the Shiftry could react, he sprang off from the floor and Slashed it again and again, not stopping until it limply slumped. Twitching, the Zangoose leaped back into the battle.

Grin stood at a stand-off with a Shiftry. It unleashed a swift, and Grin ran through the swift, dodging the stars along the way. Shiftry shot out a punch, and Grin backflipped to avoid it. Without a warning, the Shiftry used Leaf Storm, and Grin got caught inside. The Leaf Storm hurt him badly, but he got out in time to hit Shiftry with a mighty Close Combat.

"Wow... These elite guards sure aren't sissies!"

I floated cautiosly along until the guards came.

"So," I said, "This is where the final battle begins."

I swung out a Shadow Punch at six Sableye. All but one managed to dodge. That one was thrown back into a wall, but got up and charged again.

"Now this is more like it," I said, "We actually have a challeneg here."

Two, in fact, I thought, Me versus these guards, and me versus Xaicra.

"Well, they're not super-hard, either."
Manmuu dropped the Froslass, who was looking at him with cute eyes. And it was giggling.
The Mamoswine simply left her there. She seemed that she didn't want to get up.
Getting used back to the flurry of Dark- and Ghost-types, Manmuu found himself with a Spiritomb. It had an evil smile, and it whirred like some sort of machine. Manmuu hurled a Mud Bomb at it, and charged it with Ice Fang. The Spiritomb broke Mud Bomb with Sucker Punch, but was struck by the Ice Fang.

Eventually, the barrage of Shadow Punches and Dark Pulses became too much to bear for the Sableye. They collapsed, dead.

"Six down."

Two More Houndoom came at me, fangs gleaming with flame. I turned transparent at the last instant, and they jumped right through me. I then altered my body's density to the hardness of an Aggron's armor and struck at them again with Shadow Punch. One of them went down, but the other, enraged by the death of his comrade, lept at me with a speed and fury I'd never seen before. It jumped at me, pinned me to the ground, and my hands moved in vain to try and sotp it from delivering a fatal bite; I couldn't gather enough pwoer for another shadow ball.

This is it, then, I thought, I'm not getting out of this one.

Wrong, Zrantox. I won't let you go down so easily.

Darkrai turned around. "The puny leader of Team Light is here." He added sarcastically, "What a surprise." He then became serious again and said, "I knew you could make it here."

"I want revenge, Darkrai. I want revenge for making mekill my own brother!!" Onko roared the last four words in an Infernape way.

"It wasn't my fault," The Dark-type said in his evil voice. "I merely sent him off because he was too weak."

"You're just a liar, Darkrai. A liar."

Darkrai changed the subject. "My army is too big for your comrades to handle. They'll never see light again."

Manmuu swung the Spiritomb aside. He heard a giggle from behind him, and the Frosslass that he had just battled was looking at him. Is this Attract? No, it's different...
"Hehehee... you're cute."
"Wha...?"
"I said, you're cute. Where are you going, Mamoswine?"
"Is this some sort of trick?"
"Of course not. Hee-hee, what are you doing?"
"Uh, I'm on a mission to defeat Darkrai."
"May I join you?"
"Sure, but you'll need a test. Attack one of your former comerades so I can confirm that you're not tricking me."

Onko unexpectedly used Mach Punch, square in Dakrai's chest. She mixed it with a Flame Wheel to create a Fire Punch-like attack. Darkrai went through his throne like a ghost, then used Dark Pulse. A ball of purple energy came hurling at Onko, knocking her to the side. Darkrai was strong, but she was too, and aimed a Double Kick at his face, which he dodged. The Dark Pokemon used another Dark Pulse, which Onko countered with Flame Wheel, bursting through it and hitting Darkrai.

Ispirit looked around, confused. Attack a comrade? If she wanted to stay with this Mamoswine, then that was what she had to do. Why stay with Darkrai if you can have a true friend? All she wanted was to have a friend, and when she thought about it a friend was better than being Darkrai's slave.
"So, is this a trick?" asked the Mamoswine. Ispirit was startled, but kept the shrieking in her head, which she shook. She then used Psychic, a move her mother had taught her, on the nearest Ghost-type, not bothering to identify its species.

((Froslass can learn Psychic by TM, just so you know.))

Darkrai appeared to be burned. "I can't let you defeat me," he growled, and used a blinding Quick Attack. Onko was thrown against the wall, but hit Darkrai again with a well-aimed Double Kick.

Ispirit saw that her enemy was a Duskull. After being pierced in the mindby Psychic, it gave her a look that seemed cross-eyed. Seeing the Mean Look, she shrieked and stayed in her position. She breathed an icy breath at the Duskull, who was frozen and defeated.
"Good," said the Mamoswine.
Ispirit turned around and giggled. "My name is Ispirit. What's yours?"
"Manmuu."
She giggled again. Then, she remembered Darkrai. Using Psychic, she searched the area for the leader. Whoever they were, they weren't in the crowd of Pokemon, it seemed. She entered Darkrai's chamber. There, she saw an Infernape clashing in a battle with Darkrai.
Ispirit then talked psychically with Onko. Mind if I come in?
Then, she switched to Darkrai. I am now your enemy, she said to him, and then gave him an eerie shriek.

Back
Top Bottom