• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Felt--Homestuck Fan Club

Anyone else think the First Ship thing is connected with Nepeta's shipping obsession?

Anyone else think the First Ship thing is connected with Nepeta's shipping obsession?
That's possible, but it's most likely also related to Noah's Ark, which would fall in vogue with the whole thing being a huge Bible reference fest, as Hussie said on Formspring.

Also, I can't believe I didn't see Kanaya as Mary coming. I don't even know whether the most obvious lead for that would lie upon her sign, or the fact that's is right there on her goddamn surname.

I think those people are pretty funny. But I've had enough squabbling over what makes a Mary Sue to last me a lifetime. I'll just sit and watch them screech.

tbh I wasn't really into the ancestor thing when it appeared (JUST WHAT THIS COMIC NEEDS, MORE CHARACTERS AND PLOT THREADS!!!), but I have to admit that I'm finding the recent updates to be pretty sweet.

But where did the whole Karkat Pantas thing come from? Somehow I missed that, and now I am confused about how it is a thing.

I've found that tumblr is one of the best places to watch the raging. :D (I've been wasting too much time there lately)

I was a little meh on the pantskat meme*, but the way it was referenced in the story was admittedly pretty funny. I like how Hussie manages to blend humour and serious business.

On a vaguely related note: pants is actually used to refer to underwear over here, but I'm so used to everything on the internet being americanized, that I've caught myself nearly saying pants instead of trousers a couple of times. >_<

* Although there were a few funny ones. Like this, this, this, this and Scraggy.

Last edited:
I've been trying to stay away from tumblr as much as possible because I fear for my productivity so much. But pffft, that first pantskat pic. XD

Aww, that was a pretty awesome scragkat. I saw another one that was actually edited to look like Karkat rather than just a gray scraggy, but I can't find it again :(

Can I join? I've avoided it until now, but a few weeks ago I read through the whole thing.

Hey guys!

I'm running a Mafia game based on The Felt, but it seems business is a little slow. We need seven more people to start, so it would be awesome if you joined if you haven't already, or maybe interest a friend. There shall be all sorts of time shenanigans involved, so it will prove to be confusing and fun for all! (especially me, because I actually have to keep track of it all)

Why is Feferi's Ancestor so badass and cute?
I know, right? :D I didn't think I'd like her so much, but wow.

I like how her relationship with the Psionic is so dark and twisted in contrast to Feferi and Sollux's interactions.

True, that is interesting.

I think that part of it may be that Feferi seems to be kind of opposed to the binds of blood color, and prefers to conduct things in more of a "frendship is everything" kind of way. Like, she's got a better blood color than the empress at the time, but you don't see her running around giving people orders and bragging about it. In fact, I think her character may have the least mention of blood color of any of them.

Like, she's got a better blood color than the empress at the time...
They have the same color blood. They're paradox clones.

In general though, yes, the younger generation of trolls tend to have life stories/attributes that are foils of, not parallels of, their ancestors. Vriska killed "the Summoner" rather than vice versa, Equius defied the highbloods instead of being eternally submissive, Karkat is a ragey ball of rage-hate, whereas his ancestor was apparently more about love for his people and stuff and didn't get ticked off until the end, etc.

"See? Even that little girl has had enough of your shit. Run, Aradia's ancestor! Run!!!! You have locked up your last asian schoolgirl, you sick fuck.

Oh don't you flop around at me like that. Are you listening little man?!
"

Hussie is now god.

he's been god :\

And I know Feferi and the Empress are paradox clones of each other, but she supposedly has more royal blood. I was just going by what it had already said.

And I know Feferi and the Empress are paradox clones of each other, but she supposedly has more royal blood. I was just going by what it had already said.
Where does it say this?

Best part of the last update was definitely "Everybody is totally fed up with your condescending, self indulgent narrative style. They all want to go back to my slightly less condescending, slightly more self indulgent style."

Last edited:
They have the same color blood. They're paradox clones.

In general though, yes, the younger generation of trolls tend to have life stories/attributes that are foils of, not parallels of, their ancestors. Vriska killed "the Summoner" rather than vice versa, Equius defied the highbloods instead of being eternally submissive, Karkat is a ragey ball of rage-hate, whereas his ancestor was apparently more about love for his people and stuff and didn't get ticked off until the end, etc.
More remarkably, The Signless only got enraged at the end, whereas Karkat's been going considerably softer lately.

Where does it say this?

I seem to recall it saying near Feferi's introduction it saying she was higher on the Hemospectrum then the Empress at the time. It also says on her wiki page hers is "the highest on the Hemospectrum" and that it's "unique to her".

But, if we're accepting the fact that current Empress (who is Feferi's ancestor, and therefore, her? I'm still a little confused about the ancestor and "reset troll" thing), the second of those two things just can't be true. But it has been a while since I read her introduction.

Back
Top Bottom