• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Felt--Homestuck Fan Club

> Castor Troy's apprentice

Oh hell yes. Face/off is an awesome movie and Castor Troy is my favourite Cage character.

tumblr_lw5taxcm5C1qed216.gif

I feel pretty indifferent to Dirk to be honest. I honestly think he's one of those characters that I would have preferred stay silent. Badass or not, he just strikes me as obnoxious and bland.

rolling my eyes at your terminology, but w/e

Jane :( baby! she's so cute, I love her facial expressions. I think Roxy's my favourite alpha kid though. Jake's kind of boring (although he's more interesting in his last couple pesterlogs) and idk Dirk is sort of alarmingly weird.

Yeah OK.... I'm getting really tired of all this high school drama here. I'd probably be more interested if Hussie had spent more time actually developing these characters before zooming right into the deep end with their relationships, but as it is, just. No.

I don't know why he's so intent on pandering to the shippers, but he's really letting it get in the way of good storytelling. The plot of this act has been bogged down a lot by this.

Also, this line really rubbed me up the wrong way:

I mean by saying we would be a good match only if he was a girl.
GT: Like is that last condition there really all THAT important?
Uh, yeah? The gender of one's partner is important to a lot of people, because not everyone is bisexual. I've been seeing this whole "twoo luv surpasses gender!" shit a lot around tumblr lately, and it bothers me that I'm seeing it here. I think Hussie is spending too much time around his fanbase.

Ergh, sorry for the rant. I've really been trying to enjoy this act, but it's just not working. I think I'm gonna tune out for a month or two. A break might reignite my interest.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know what you mean. In a way, this act seems to be mirroring the veeery beginning of the comic, which is kind of appropriate, but at the same time I think it's been pretty universally agreed that the whole lot of nothing that happened for the first couple hundred pages there was the nadir of the comic. There has at least been a bit more plot-relevant stuff, what with the murders of the kids' dreamselves, but truly I have no fucks to give about who wants to make out with whom at this point. =/

It looks like Jane is about to start playing the game, though, so I have high hopes that we'll get to some more interesting material soon.

um. hi, i just got into this a few weeks/months ago, and as i'm cosplaying rose in like just over a month i thought screw it, i'm getting in on this.

It looks like Jane is about to start playing the game, though, so I have high hopes that we'll get to some more interesting material soon.
This. It has been dragging out for a while with this whole romance stuff that has become quickly predictable. Hopefully stuff will happen soon! (Well, as long as she doesn't get herself stabbed. Again.)

I dunno, I *like* watching the kids dick around and interact with each other like normal-ish kids, whether they're alpha or beta. I don't get all the hate around Act One 8( I thought it was fun.

But then I skipped about 75% of Act 5.2 so maybe I'm not the best judge.

Dream-Jane best not go the same way as Dream-Jake, I want the game to start now, so that I can see the alchemy state, my favorite part of the beta kids' intro, and I want to know who was in Jake's dream.

I think I sort of agree with neg here. The alpha kids are sort of interesting and I don't mind watching them messing around that much (although I really miss the beta kids :c ), but I hope someone starts playing the game soon so something a bit more interesting will happen.

I think my favorite alpha kid is Roxy at this point, but I dunno. I like them all just about equally.

(please excuse me if I got alpha and beta mixed up, this shit is confusing okay :| )

Roxy is clearly the best, a perpetually tipsy intellectual flirt. What's not to love about such a character personality.

And then I wonder, is she Peter Griffen-ing when she's drunk, i.e. Capable of doing a single task better when drunk then sober.

rolling my eyes at your terminology, but w/e
It was more than anything else a quicker way of putting it.

Anyways, Hussie stated in a Tumblr question response that seeing the alpha kids dick around now is kind of frustrating sometimes because we're the readers who are all caught up and waiting for the next updates. A theorical future archive binger would still be on a Cascade high by the point we're at. So yes, sitting Homestuck out is probably for the best at this point if you're not enjoying it -- it'll all look a lot less like a waste of time if instead of wasting days it wastes less than minutes.

Hahaha, that is amazing.

So I'm guessing that the Queens are taking over the role of the Kings as well in this Session?

It was more than anything else a quicker way of putting it.

Anyways, Hussie stated in a Tumblr question response that seeing the alpha kids dick around now is kind of frustrating sometimes because we're the readers who are all caught up and waiting for the next updates. A theorical future archive binger would still be on a Cascade high by the point we're at. So yes, sitting Homestuck out is probably for the best at this point if you're not enjoying it -- it'll all look a lot less like a waste of time if instead of wasting days it wastes less than minutes.
Yeah, gonna have to disagree with him there. (That's a disappointingly bad excuse to be honest) The problem is in the narrative here. If it was good, then we'd be having fun watching the kids dick around. It's not a mark of good storytelling if people are getting bored of it purely because they're all caught up. I don't feel like I'm reading Homestuck, I feel like I'm reading a bad Homestuck fanfic. As I said, there's just been too little focus on character development and too much focus on relationship drama. There wasn't any of this in act one, we were allowed to get familiar with the characters before any shipping came in. For all the hate it gets, I do think Act one did a great job of building up the characters and the storyline, even if here was a bit too much info dumping here and there. Also, Dave's reaction to the meteors is one of his funniest lines in the story.

My main problem is that Hussie has a bad habit of "trolling" for reactions from his readers, and I think it really interferes with the storytelling. His post on tumblr about the kid's races and that careful post about pronouns indicates that he is very aware of hot button issues in the fandom.

Also whoops, if he's answering questions again, then I suppose I should bookmark his tumblr or something. I unfollowed him after the race drama because it was pretty cringeworthy.

(I only criticize because I care, really!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom