• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Felt--Homestuck Fan Club

Ah, I thought you were talking about pre-scratch!Rose and Dave, not the scratch!guardians.

Yeah, alpha and beta are used to refer to the version of SBURB in that universe.

So, alpha Rose would be Mom Rose, alpha John would be Poppop, ect.

Silly U-person, always so spoilery.

First of all, there was that tugboat regarding mythological roles. Most of it seems to fit Homestuck Mafia 4, too, although you'd have to stretch it a little with the Rogue stuff.

Also, looks like the Condesence killed Roxy's mom. Makes her paranoia more justified, I surmise.

]Dirk has a Rainbow Dash poster.

Also... the shadow manipulating Cal is the size of Dirk, so it's probably not Bro-Dave, but it's obviously not Dirk. And also it only ever goes to Cal, we never see it moving away, though I'm not sure if that's supposed to be significant or not.

Either way this Cal is ten times as unnerving as the last one. This universe doesn't seem any better; it just seems like it's moving forward much more efficiently on the road to everything falling apart.

]Dirk has a Rainbow Dash poster.

Also... the shadow manipulating Cal is the size of Dirk, so it's probably not Bro-Dave, but it's obviously not Dirk. And also it only ever goes to Cal, we never see it moving away, though I'm not sure if that's supposed to be significant or not.

Two posters, actually

If you look close, you can see that Dirk is completely still in that panel.
Except when the flashsteps are out. He's known to be a superior flashstepper, and maybe the only one better than him is alpha Dave (or possibly beta Dave, if SBURB made him faster)

I'm really really hoping the whole Bro being a brony thing just stops with the posters and doesn't become a running gag. I'm tired of seeing MLP all over the place. I try to avoid things I don't like, but it's become almost unavoidable lately and I've been ad-blocking so many obnoxious avs and sigs on other forums I frequent. >_<

I haven't really been keeping up with the updates lately, the new kids just aren't really growing on me. Roxy is really the only one I'm interested in at the minute. I'm hoping the story picks up the pace soon.

By the way, did anyone see the donation sketches Hussie posted on his tumblr? I liked the JohnxVriska sketch, and the one where they met Nic Cage. The God tier Gamzee was... um, something. I thought the style looked a bit awkward though. It looked like a mix between hero mode and their sprite forms, and the lack of necks was kinda jarring. The Lord English sketch was probably the best drawn one.

Last edited:
I'm really really hoping the whole Bro being a brony thing just stops with the posters and doesn't become a running gag. I'm tired of seeing MLP all over the place. I try to avoid things I don't like, but it's become almost unavoidable lately and I've been ad-blocking so many obnoxious avs and sigs on other forums I frequent. >_<
If Hussie does run with that, I'm assuming it'll be the same way he runs with anything else -- so completely ridiculous, it's original.

Eh, Dirk's easily my least favourite of the new kids. And yeah, I was kinda hoping they'd leave it at a single Dash posted in the background, but oh well.

Agreeing with above posts, they seem much more...fun? In comparison to old speak english and classic speak crocker...

I think I enjoy Dirk the most of the four, although Roxy is a close second. I like Jane and Jake, but they get kind of... grating after a while.

Although to be honest, I am missing all of the original kids and the trolls an awful lot. :(

Back
Top Bottom